Rob Taylor on BBCs Wanted Down Under22/01/18

mattyboy

A quote from the programme

When they got married in 2013, there was only one place for their honeymoon and, like Selina, Rob too fell in love with Australia. They returned with a five-year plan and started to save towards the move. At the time Rob was on the cusp of a glittering career as a professional footballer but, just as things were taking off, Rob's dream was stopped in its tracks. A horrific injury forced early retirement. Rob was devastated.

Bit economical with the truth, in 2013 Rob was already 28 and had been at Vale for 5 years.

Sad to see him injured but i think the programme is far from painting the true picture !!

A quote from the programme

When they got married in 2013, there was only one place for their honeymoon and, like Selina, Rob too fell in love with Australia. They returned with a five-year plan and started to save towards the move. At the time Rob was on the cusp of a glittering career as a professional footballer but, just as things were taking off, Rob's dream was stopped in its tracks. A horrific injury forced early retirement. Rob was devastated.

Bit economical with the truth, in 2013 Rob was already 28 and had been at Vale for 5 years.

Sad to see him injured but i think the programme is far from painting the true picture !!

I'm waiting for the day when, instead of weeping and saying "We'll miss you so much", the people they are leaving behind in the UK say "Off you go. We never liked you anyway"

Just seen it, saw the blurb and was to the wife we had a player called Rob Taylor and then his face popped up.

Quality player at times for us. The Sheff Wednesday cup game stands out and his goal in the league at home to Bradford was a real stunner... about tore the net off. Explosive pace and enjoyed watching him when in full flow. Injuries beset him during the last couple of seasons didn’t they? Don’t recall him playing much in the promotion season?

He was rubbish excluding the odd game, and one of the most frustrating players I've seen playing for Port Vale. Started his career on fire for us but after that did next to nothing. He was even worse than Lewis Haldane.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived