onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Accrington have signed 6 players in January. Why do we have to keep playing teams signing so many players. These players are from Dundee, Watford, Derby, Rotherham, Burnley and Middlesbrough. Never heard of any of them mind you !

Based on that logic when Brown was in charge other teams fans were saying, crikey Vale have signed 28 players in a week. They must be good.

Advert

Accrington have signed 6 players in January. Why do we have to keep playing teams signing so many players. These players are from Dundee, Watford, Derby, Rotherham, Burnley and Middlesbrough. Never heard of any of them mind you !

I never recognise any of their players bar Billy Kee every time we play then, yet every year they're either in or pushing for the playoffs, and look good at least get top 7 this year, probably more. I don't know how they do it.

My reply was tongue in cheek my friend, however you did say ' why do we have to keep playing teams signing so many players' , which in itself suggests because they have it makes them better?

5 of them were on the bench in the game on Saturday.

More a waste of time us sending someone to outline the strengths and weaknesses of certain players one week then face a completely different set of players. When we played FGR, all the talk was about the players they’d signed in the first week of the window, then the same against Yeovil now Accrington.

The lad McConville has been with them a while and is a good player at this level(surprised a slightly bigger club hasn't taken him?) but aside from him and Kee I agree with Hagrid the rest of the names in the squad don't stick out at all but they continue to do extremely well considering the size of the club which is a credit to them.

They seem to be forced to turn over a lot of players every year (the reality of being a smaller club, having your best players poached, having to play the loan system well) but regardless they still manage to put a decent footballing side together.

I remember the first time we played them just after relegation they had a little lad up front on loan from Blackburn called Clarke who looked like a hell of a player, but I never heard of him again.

I see Scott Brown is with them played for us about 6 months 08-09 season? Struggling to remember a lot about him! Although it was the season we had Sinnott and then Glover!:banghead:
Having nightmares about an away game at Exeter when he played for us. We struggled to get over the half way line and lost. Not sure if it was the game that was called off twice due to bad weather or not.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Having nightmares about an away game at Exeter when he played for us. We struggled to get over the half way line and lost. Not sure if it was the game that was called off twice due to bad weather or not.

That would have been the same season. The one where we played most of the game with an extra man.

Given the amount of weather we've had over the past few days the game must be in doubt. It doesn't take much of a downpour to waterlog the pitch up there.

Well the weather apart from very blustery is ok here so hopefully its ok up there .

Ok im going tell you how it is ,im still titsed with last saturdays showing v Yeovil ,just when u think we have turned the corner with the xmas showings the New years efforts have being somewhat garbage .

Im annoyed i hope the players are as i want see (well hopefully i will see lol as starting drinking at 8a.m as going on train from Stoke station to Manc then out to darwin etc Blackburn etc )a fantastic performance .

So they better raise it .

Hopefully they can put a roof on as all i want hear is fans singing Neil Aspins Black and White Army all game (im in r u ) as them neighbours of ours sung about there new manager all game v Man Utd who fans were abysmal .

Yes he is .

How effective have we being the last 3 games .

Our goal attempts have dried up he as had 1 attempt in 3 games .

So id say he as being targeted and its working for these clubs .

Stop Pope stop Vale so lets take him out the equation and get a more mobile quicker forward in to completely baffle the opposition so there huge players who are picked to mark him are not going get the result they desire .

Its common sense u dont keep on playing the same way especially when we have over the last 3 games become a poor dull team .

We are a bit one dimensional at times and teams have sussed us out by getting players around Pope and picking up the loose balls.

Luton could handle him and consequently we run riot.He's a big part of our play,so we need to create more and feed off his knock ons.I wonder sometimes if in some games we should play Barnett up front as a two,but of course we would suffer in midfield especially away from home.

We are due something at Accrington,I can only remember us winning once at there place over the years but I would take a draw now.

I think we should see a couple of changes for this game:

Boot

Gibbons - Anderson - Smith - Pugh

Kay - Tonge

Worral - Harness - Whitfield

Pope

or we could go 4-4-2, but I doubt we'd be that adventurous from the outset.

Boot

Gibbons - Anderson - Smith - Pugh

Worral - Kay - Tonge - Whitfield

Wilson or Barnett - Pope

Well the weather apart from very blustery is ok here so hopefully its ok up there .

Ok im going tell you how it is ,im still titsed with last saturdays showing v Yeovil ,just when u think we have turned the corner with the xmas showings the New years efforts have being somewhat garbage .

Im annoyed i hope the players are as i want see (well hopefully i will see lol as starting drinking at 8a.m as going on train from Stoke station to Manc then out to darwin etc Blackburn etc )a fantastic performance .

So they better raise it .

Hopefully they can put a roof on as all i want hear is fans singing Neil Aspins Black and White Army all game (im in r u ) as them neighbours of ours sung about there new manager all game v Man Utd who fans were abysmal .

As ever loving your optimism VFIA, creating an atmosphere at Accy is incredibly difficult with no roof and freezing your taters off.

Mind you starting drinking at 8-00 am i'm sure you'll be in fine voice :drink:

Archived