onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Big money move for hugill?

carpetman123

You might see a tiny bit more in the summer budget, though a bit more of not much isn't a lot. It will go towards paying off the debt, the owner's loans, day to day running costs and so on.

What is the most we have paid for a player since Norman has been here?

Let's hope a sizeable chunk goes on the budget because with Aspin and Rudge and their team on board we won't get a better chance of having a real crack at promotion than we will next summer now.

As long as we stay up this season!

Advert

What a load of rubbish. So he would have turned down Preston to stay at Vale? You actually believe that too don't you. Deluded.
Don't let your twisted dislike of me cloud the fact that if a decent contract extension had been offered before the last moment Hugill would have probably stayed at the Vale a lot longer. so please no more insults because your constant sniping does you absolutely no credit.

Anyway opinions aside, it quite clear that if you can find a few decent up and coming players and sell them on, then there is a chance we can get in a few more better players in, and also help balance the budget. All to often in the past we have sold players for peanuts where as other clubs seem to get some decent money. We need to put some faith in JR and Aspo to invest some of this windfall! Can’t see it happening though.

Don't let your twisted dislike of me cloud the fact that if a decent contract extension had been offered before the last moment Hugill would have probably stayed at the Vale a lot longer. so please no more insults because your constant sniping does you absolutely no credit.

But even if that happened, we never would have got anywhere near what we got as a slice of the recent transfer. He was proven in the championship. THats what commanded his fee, and thats something he couldnt have done with us. Im glad we didnt keep him, it turned out the best for everyone.

Well we didnot try hard enough if we saw potential! As said let a few gems slip through our fongers !

I remember you saying at the time what a gem he was and we should pay over the odds to keep him. Fact is, we’ve made far more money out of him this way than if we’d kept him!

I remember you saying at the time what a gem he was and we should pay over the odds to keep him. Fact is, we’ve made far more money out of him this way than if we’d kept him!

Folks, I’ve been observing from afar but can’t help but comment. Ultimately, the club / owner has made some money and I’m sure some of it will come through to the team in time. There are 5 months to plan and prepare (praying we stay up). At this level, football is penniless and funds extremely tight at most clubs. Let’s be thankful for some fortune, get behind the team and be positive.

He went to Preston because he thought it was career progression - do you have cloth ears?
No I don't have 'cloth ears' at all but perhaps you have because the point that I am trying to make is if we offered new deals to the players that we wished to keep earlier before the old ran out then we would keep more of them.

But even if that happened, we never would have got anywhere near what we got as a slice of the recent transfer. He was proven in the championship. THats what commanded his fee, and thats something he couldnt have done with us. Im glad we didnt keep him, it turned out the best for everyone.
andy I agree 100% and if you read my earlier post on the subject you will see that I said that it has all turned out for the best. That said hindsight is a wonderful thing because at the time I was disappointed that we had lost a good prospect for a pittance.

Folks, I’ve been observing from afar but can’t help but comment. Ultimately, the club / owner has made some money and I’m sure some of it will come through to the team in time. There are 5 months to plan and prepare (praying we stay up). At this level, football is penniless and funds extremely tight at most clubs. Let’s be thankful for some fortune, get behind the team and be positive.
I think the problem is Yorkie that most very much doubt if much of this cash will be invested in the team. The owner has already said as much by saying that this will help him to provide the budget over the next couple of seasons without the need for him to support it to any great extent. For me it is like the club has won the lottery but fear that we wont see any benefit from the money.

Every Vale fan I sure is chuffed with the surprise 'windfall' but many fans simply have no faith in the Club's owner.

I think the problem is Yorkie that most very much doubt if much of this cash will be invested in the team. The owner has already said as much by saying that this will help him to provide the budget over the next couple of seasons without the need for him to support it to any great extent. For me it is like the club has won the lottery but fear that we wont see any benefit from the money.

Every Vale fan I sure is chuffed with the surprise 'windfall' but many fans simply have no faith in the Club's owner.

Most??

Let’s put the Hugill contract offer in context OS. He had been with us for 12 months at the beginning of which he was incredibly unfit. We watched him run around Hanley Forest Park pre- season and to be honest, I could have overtaken him with my two arthritic knees. He then went on loan for the first half of the season before returning to play 20 games for us. He scored 5 goals. We offered him a contract on an increased wage. He turned it down and went to a bigger club for more money. Very few Vale fans were desperately upset at the time. We have done superbly well out of the deal and so has Jordan who has avoided the chaos at Vale in recent years.

We have done superbly well out of the deal and so has Jordan

These are the key points.

He did well to play his way to a move to a bigger club to play at a higher level on a much bigger wage. Thats what every player should be aspiring to do, play as high as possible.

I don't think we should be levelling any criticism at the club as we could not have matched Preston and we can't suppress the ambition of players who want to further their careers.

So in the end we did what was best and have ended up with a huge pay day that arguably we could never have envisaged dropping on our laps.

Archived