onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Stoke City Topic Thread: Relegation? Staying up? Manager? Empty seats

Pheonix Vale

Sorry, but I have to say I find the opposite is true, in that we are continually competing with Stoke City, and to a lesser extent with the big Premier League clubs and even some foreign clubs...

Agree with everything you say Bea aside from the last paragraph, just like TFC above. My Stoke friends think Hughes may well go on Saturday if they don't win against Swansea, & I reckon they may be right.

Issue for them is though, they probably will scrape 1-0 against Swansea (which they won't be happy with but enough for Hughes to stay), then carry on as bad as they are & lose the week after. Similar problem for us under Brown, I wanted us to win whilst at the game every week, but one or two odd wins would have just prolonged his stay, which the vast majority didn't want that.

I think he is losing fans week in week out nowadays, not that many left that defend him on the Oatcake. But as I agree with you, I really want them to be relegated. PL status is a big thing for a club to lose, & the difference between L2/L1/Championship isn't as much when it comes to appealing to kids/new fans (in comparison to L2 vs PL).

Even better when thousands in the city won't be able to watch them on streams & TV every week too.

Advert

He's got a short memory given the crazy decision to not award Brighton a penalty last week.

It will be a great day when they go down. I know so many life long stoke fans who have stopped going over the past 5 years due to the idiots that have started going, their support has grown in size but it has been diluted for sure.

Warren will be along in a minute to say they are all our friends and we should love them.

Every time I start a new football manager save I go into the database editor, injure all their players and put the club in 9 figure debt to HMRC.

******* hate Stoke, me. Hope they get liquidated.

Warren will be along in a minute to say they are all our friends and we should love them.

Every time I start a new football manager save I go into the database editor, injure all their players and put the club in 9 figure debt to HMRC.

******* hate Stoke, me. Hope they get liquidated.

I've heard Stoke fans swear before. In my opinion they let the club down.

I agree with most of that. But I can't accept that Hughes is a good manager, nor does his record confirm that. I think they need Pulis to stay up this season. If Hughes stays, they could well go down.

QUOTE Tomo- Agree with everything you say Bea aside from the last paragraph, just like TFC above. My Stoke friends think Hughes may well go on Saturday if they don't win against Swansea, & I reckon they may be right. end quote

I must admit that whilst my Vale thoughts are firmly founded and based on a lot, the last paragraph on Mark Hughes was partially intended to show some passing respect for him and Stoke, as I didn't want it to sound as if wanting Stoke to fail was vindictive.

I don't actually dislike Stoke as much as one or two other Preirer league teams, and up to this season Hughes had shown managerial promise - but I accept your Stoke supporter friends are much more qualified to judge his performances than I am.

More important is that Vale do need to take a slice of youngster support that is coming through, you don't just see kids with Stoke shirts on, but Manchester United and City, and even Barca, Brazil and the like.

I wish I had some good answers about how to do this, and I know some things are being done by the club.

But it is my very strong feeling that if big clubs were not playing a couple of miles away many times in a season at Stoke, and they had the Burtons, Readings, and maybe even Fleetwood or Shrewsbury visiting, Vale would find it easier to get youngsters to be willing to come to Vale Park.

Tomo's point about the publicity on TV and streams for Stoke in the Prem is incredibly important too.

Vale get one minute a week on the league show and just about no games televised now, Stoke will get continual mentions on TV, radio, press and so on (as they should whilst in the PL) but it hurts us badly.

Given that we are in a relegation battle to avoid falling out of the football league for the first time in our history, is this thread about a team dropping out of the Premier League such a good idea?

Misery loves company, they say. I don't think it hurts given what some have posted on the Oatcake wishing Vale out of existence, as long as it is banter and not real hatred.

And I don't particularly dislike Stoke as much as some teams, some friends support them and that's fine, but as said on the 'Stoke new manager' thread, Vale really would benefit massively from Stoke being relegated and that is what counts most.

Notts county's best player is on loan from Notts forest what do sjoke do or have ever done for us,everyone has there own opinion but the day they go down will be a great day for me.

It is well known that those in positions of power at Stoke will not help Vale and have not loaned players for many years, but we have John Rudge back and that will be far more valuable and precious to Vale's future in the longer term.

Archived