onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Barnet

Fosse69

The ref today needs to take a serious look at himeself. As an ex ref to conference standard I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, the off mistake here and there I can tolerate. But !!! For Christ sake I actually think he got every decision wrong today !!! The assistant on the railway side was not good either. Thank God for the other liner had some balls and kept his flag up for the peno. As for Barnet well they looked really poor and I have said all season the 2 to go down will be teams that have tasted the conference in the past 20 years or so...Barnet, Cheltenham, Morecambe, Yeovil, to name just 4.

The only decisions I thought he got right were the two cautions (Pope’s was simply stupid) and the offside decision the Vale fans couldn’t understand. To not give that penalty and the amount of time wasting he allowed Barnet throughout and then Vale at the end of the game was bewildering.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

The midfield is a massive quadry as 3 didn’t turn up, there is no energy, closing down, runs to support the strikers and Worrall is just a daft diver that I’m really beginning to dislike in him.

Ye ive noticed worrel goes dont like ronaldo and gives it a few extra rolls even when he has been fouled. When you consistently do that in front of the liner you wont get the benefit of the doubt in 50-50s

Sent from my SM-A310F using the onevalefan mobile app

Ye ive noticed worrel goes dont like ronaldo and gives it a few extra rolls even when he has been fouled. When you consistently do that in front of the liner you wont get the benefit of the doubt in 50-50s

Sent from my SM-A310F using the onevalefan mobile app

We said exactly the same when he did it in the first half, great minds!

Can I just say a word in support ot Anthony Kay today. I thought he had his best game for us. He is not a super creative player but he is very decent in that hole in front of the back four and is a calming influence.

That was his fifth booking though so he will miss Tuesday's game.

It was great to send McGhee and his timewasters back down to The Smoke with nothing. That keeper and his antics was worse than Roy Carroll's display for Notts County a few years ago.

I'm liking the no-nonsense defending that Aspo is instilling. If in doubt, put it out and deal with a throw-in.

It's easy to think Hairnet offers little but he's regularly part of a team that's either winning or drawing. He's a bit like ADF in running plenty but has no tricks to beat his man or put in a cross.

Anyway that was a huge result....if we had drawn or lost we'd be back in the bottom two.

Can I just say a word in support ot Anthony Kay today. I thought he had his best game for us. He is not a super creative player but he is very decent in that hole in front of the back four and is a calming influence.

That was his fifth booking though so he will miss Tuesday's game.

Was thinking the same... my MOTM.

I agree about the game, take the points, forget it an move on as we were almost as bad as Barnet and the referee. The midfield generally and keeper are our major areas of weakness the former of which will be aided by the impending return of Whitfield but the centre of midfield is a disaster area and will really hold us back.

A third striker would also be welcome so we could send Barnett out on loan.

Yes, a disaster area, for which we can royally thank one Michael Brown. Everyone knew that this was our biggest weakness and yet he left it until the last minute before signing some absolute dross. Yet he turns up on Sky Sport today purporting to be an expert on Championship football - a complete joke. At least we have Rudgie, the best recruiter in the football league, to spot the talent we need and Aspo, currently enjoying a 66.6% win ratio, to put it right on the pitch. The future's bright so, yes, let's move on.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it earlier but wondered where Regis was today, is he injured.

Not a classic but a deserved three points and some decent performances from Gibbons, Gunning and especially Kay who since going into midfield is playing a lot better, if everyone fit would like to see Regis play alongside Kay in the midfield.

Hopefully Whitfield is back in the next week or 2 and we can be looking to move further up the table, only 8 points off the top 10, who would have thought that just 6 weeks ago.

Yes, a disaster area, for which we can royally thank one Michael Brown. Everyone knew that this was our biggest weakness and yet he left it until the last minute before signing some absolute dross. Yet he turns up on Sky Sport today purporting to be an expert on Championship football - a complete joke. At least we have Rudgie, the best recruiter in the football league, to spot the talent we need and Aspo, currently enjoying a 66.6% win ratio, to put it right on the pitch. The future's bright so, yes, let's move on.

Echos my thoughts exactly, it’s bewildering how he couldn’t pick a player particularly in the area he excelled in as a player. He signed loads of dross as he didn’t have faith in his signings otherwise he would have signed quality over quantity. Huge sign of weakness and I’m only sad he stayed as long as he did, utterly weird some wanted him to stay and crucify us even longer. Still he’s long gone thank Christ and we just have a gem who tells it like it is and Brown is Sky’s problem now oh and Jermaine Jenas do your research before you call us out for giving him ‘so little time’, the man is a disaster as a football manager.

The ref today needs to take a serious look at himeself. As an ex ref to conference standard I usually give them the benefit of the doubt, the off mistake here and there I can tolerate. But !!! For Christ sake I actually think he got every decision wrong today !!! The assistant on the railway side was not good either. Thank God for the other liner had some balls and kept his flag up for the peno. As for Barnet well they looked really poor and I have said all season the 2 to go down will be teams that have tasted the conference in the past 20 years or so...Barnet, Cheltenham, Morecambe, Yeovil, to name just 4.
I doubt the Railway liner would have waved for a pen, so we were lucky it happened in the 2nd half.

A real hard fought win .

Boot handling and overall game was man of the match .

Make no bones about it that was a very tough game .

James Gibbons was immense and the positivity of his won us the game ,ok Popey put the pen away superbly but Gibbons and Worrall pass and move won it .

In fact if u reflect on the game early first half and early second half there goalie has saved well from Pope and Forrester because of good work from Gibbons and Worrall .

Im happy with that we ground that out and the save by boot at 0-0 was terrific as it really gave us the platform win the game .

A ugly win but we bottom end of league two its hardly surprising but roll on tues v Mansfield.

I liked Montanos cameo and nice c Turner come on .

Archived