onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Barnet

Fosse69

Advert

For the record the ref is 26 and this is his first season on the football league. He will ref league and 1 and 2 for 2 years and is being fast tracked through the system.
I don't disagree with the fast track system, usually people are picked for their superior potential, some will fail to make the grade, as no selection system is perfect. Some are good on paper and cant cope in practice, hopefully the supervision process soon weeds them out as unfit for purpose.

For the record the ref is 26 and this is his first season on the football league. He will ref league and 1 and 2 for 2 years and is being fast tracked through the system.

I note he has already issued 7 red cards this season in 19 games. That can't be good surely?

My marks

Boot 8

Gibbons 8

Anderson 8

Smith 6

Gunning 7

Kay 7

Pugh 5

Harness 6

Worrall 7

Pope 6

Forrester 6

Subs Montano 7 Turner 5

Not the greatest performance but i enjoyed the effort application of all the players .

Moving forwards to Mansfield who will come for 3 points the goals more likely to flow v them .

Teams who r rigid and stay in a system which doesnt allow us to hurt them r more of a nuisance .

Certain players r struggling put it together but as long as they keep at it it will come .

Liked the bit where Pugh nearly got on the end of a pope header by getting in thst box its a shame Popes header didnt find him.

Differ from the consensus in that I thought Gibbons had one of his poorest games for us today; final ball wasn't good and Campbell-Ryce was on top for the opening 20. Still a decent performance from the lad.

MOTM again was Mad Gav. Again strong in the tackle and provided some decent support down the left.

Central midfield too ponderous; yes, Kay was better than usual today but him and Pugh are not the answer going forward. We created nothing through the middle, the standard line of attack being win the ball, spray it to wings, whip ball in, to little effect as their number 5 was huge. Regis would have been useful to bring on; someone to drive centrally at their defence, instead of the steady yet conservative Pugh and Kay tackling then looking to the wins.

Boot again steady with one good save near the end; not convinced he is the long-term solution though. Can't explain why.

Anderson and Smith fairly decent again. They had nothing to offer and will probably go down.

Credit to Pope bagging the penalty. 6 wins from 9 and the league table is a far easier read tonight than it was after Brown's final game. 2 very tough games coming up which I would happily take 3 points from. UTV4EVA

Gibbons was poor??????? Really,he was a constant attacking threat with his pace,won the penalty and as for Campbell-Ryce(who has murdered us every game he has played against us) he never got a look in with Gibbons,rarely if ever beat him,why do you think he got subbed??? strongly disagree with your Gibbons comment,in fact he was my motm by a mile

Gibbons was poor??????? Really,he was a constant attacking threat with his pace,won the penalty and as for Campbell-Ryce(who has murdered us every game he has played against us) he never got a look in with Gibbons,rarely if ever beat him,why do you think he got subbed??? strongly disagree with your Gibbons comment,in fact he was my motm by a mile
Gibbons was my motm and he is a breath of fresh air. Tenacious,hungry,full of energy and a sublime crosser of the ball.

You’re right, there isn’t a single explanation on this forum that can account for what happened yesterday. Mistaken identity seems to be the only explanation that fits the rule in question.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

In particular:

"A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or

interfering with an opponent by:

preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or

challenging an opponent for the ball or

clearly attempting to play a ball which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent or

making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball"

More like 15 seconds.

The second time, a yellow card.

(It can't possibly be a corner)

The point is, the punishment should be something that gives a meaningful advantage to the opposition. A yellow card doesn't do that. I would have suggested a free kick but where would that be taken from?

Whatever, I'm really sick of time-wasting.

The point is, the punishment should be something that gives a meaningful advantage to the opposition. A yellow card doesn't do that. I would have suggested a free kick but where would that be taken from?

Whatever, I'm really sick of time-wasting.

What made me laugh out loud yesterday was when Boot was taking his time clearing the ball after we had scored and Akindi turned to ref tapping his wrist indicating time wasting!!

Worralls turn now is it?

No just hate players trying to cheat and con, it does nothing to help the officials. People call it professional but in reality it’s the polar opposite. Given subsequent comments it seems I’m not the only one who has noticed he has a taste for it.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived