Home Forum News History Predictions About Contact
alwaysvaleme

Tom Pope

Not one to gloat,lol. But it's good to see Tom making the majority on here look like chumps !

Best the " Balanced One " leaves well alone,the holes already far too deep.

Scooby.

I don’t think it’s about making people look like chumps tbh mariner

The problem myself and a few others had was that brown wasn’t playing the right tactics for pope thus making pope look inept also at the time by just looking around and throwing his arms about it made the situation look even more dire

Aspo comes in sends players on to support pope and players then get the confidence to put crosses and hey presto we’ve made tom back into what he was ..... a striker. So everyone forget the past and move on let’s through aspo/ rudge and a greater desire from ALL the players make Vale the great club it was

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

No such thing lass unless you didn’t bother to watch the first 10+ games of the season.

I've watched all of every league match. Home and away. Which is why I know Pope has never been one of our worst four players in any game. Has never looked disinterested or unfit. And that his recent upturn in form is in line with general upturn in performances. Not that Aspin has created some kind of world beater from someone who was a couple of weeks ago "stealing a wage" and "past it" by using some kind of a magic Popey "you will go to the ball" spell.

I think Pope has taken my advice and cut down on the booze and cigarettes. Well done young man.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

I think you can see he’s really putting the effort in now and thanks to Aspin’s support and knowledge he’s making Pope and a number of others play to their capabilities. Christ he even made Kay look good today.

I think you can see he’s really putting the effort in now and thanks to Aspin’s support and knowledge he’s making Pope and a number of others play to their capabilities. Christ he even made Kay look good today.

Are you seriously suggesting that Pope wasnt putting the effort in before Aspin came ?

Are you seriously suggesting that Pope wasnt putting the effort in before Aspin came ?

I'd forgive Pope for dropping his head given the tactics he was expected to follow under Brown. Aspo knows how to play to his strengths.

Can’t understand some on here having a go at Popey as he’s always given 100% for Vale. Some childish people on here have been voting him down on the player ratings on here recently is unbelievable.

Pope was my MOTM more than once under brown this season purely because of his effort.

He's been outstanding this season in difficult circumstances and his goals now are more than deserved.

Early days but In all my years of watching the Vale I have never known such a quick turn around in form & fortune. I really feared for our league status just two weeks ago, now I believe that anything is possible under Aspin & with Pope & the rest performing as they now are........

Early days but In all my years of watching the Vale I have never known such a quick turn around in form & fortune. I really feared for our league status just two weeks ago, now I believe that anything is possible under Aspin & with Pope & the rest performing as they now are........

Totally agree with what you have said. brighter days ahead for Vale and optimism for once.

Bang on the money, very early days but the transformation in everyone is remarkable.

I'd forgive Pope for dropping his head given the tactics he was expected to follow under Brown. Aspo knows how to play to his strengths.

I think Neil knows how to play to the teams’ strengths.

Third time of asking.

What happens if Tom gets injured and can’t play?

Third time of asking.

What happens is Anton Forrester starts knocking on Aspo's door but suffers a knuckle injury in doing so.

Third time of asking.

Likely to happen at sometime unless he is very lucky, we will be less effective but I trust Aspin to have a plan. Maybe in Jan could bring someone in, but in the meantime will shuffle his strikers. Sorry if not definite enough, but as Neil continues to spring surprises, I am quite relaxed at present after the last couple of seasons` traumas.

What happens is Anton Forrester starts knocking on Aspo's door but suffers a knuckle injury in doing so.

Knocking a player’s ability to knock on a door is not allowed on this thread.He needs help and service,smithie.

Let's hope that we don't hit on the same injury problems as we had last season. Arguably they cost us our place in league one. The squad is unbalanced and there are certain players that we can't afford to lose, whereas in other positions we have 4-5 vying for a place.

Pope, for me, is an automatic starter but I suppose in Barnett we have a ready-made replacement.