onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Goalkeeper

Sick_Valiant

Getting proper ****** off with some on here. Nobody is picking on him or using him as a scapegoat in matches gone past he's made errors and they have been commented on. Just like against Carlisle where he was excellent. He's a keeper, it's in a position where if he makes an error it stands out hence why it gets picked up on. Stop with all this nonsense about being a scapegoat and the other nonsense about fans who criticised his performances now looking silly. It's total bull ****. (I think everyone knows who I'm on about)

Play well get praise, make an error get criticised it's that simple and as I say as a keeper it stands out much more.

For me I would still like us to bring an experienced keeper in January if available, It's such a key Position and we need real quality there.

No doubt I'll get shot down by the usuals....

Advert

Boot just needs experience, he has the potential. Look at Alnwick when he 1st got in the team, he made errors, Gillingham at home for example. He was criticised for not coming off his line etc but after a seasons experience he really blossomed and I think Boot will do the same.

Boot just needs experience, he has the potential. Look at Alnwick when he 1st got in the team, he made errors, Gillingham at home for example. He was criticised for not coming off his line etc but after a seasons experience he really blossomed and I think Boot will do the same.

Alnwick just made one error and was excellent from the on. No comparing him and boot. Hopefully he turns out as good as Alnwick but he's got a long way to go yet. He just needs 5/6 games with no errors just consistent decent showings, I still feel nervous watching him and that's not a good sign for a keeper.

Although I only listened to the match on iFollow, it was said that Ryan Boot made a couple of excellent stops after conceding, which having seen it, was at worst only partially his fault, if at all.

He is keen and enthusiastic, why take the risk of replacing him and using up valuable and probably limited resources with another more experienced keeper who may not settle, may become injured or may not have the same desire to do well ?

One good measure of ability is the actual statistics and if anyone cares to check, I think you will find that Ryan Boot has actually conceded very few goals per game compared to virtually all of the keepers recently.

Alnwick just made one error and was excellent from the on. No comparing him and boot. Hopefully he turns out as good as Alnwick but he's got a long way to go yet. He just needs 5/6 games with no errors just consistent decent showings, I still feel nervous watching him and that's not a good sign for a keeper.

Thats your opinion and of course you are entitled to it. but I remember several errors and many on here wrongly or rightly castigated him for it.

Boot needs his game time to progress and i think he will be a good keeper.

Lets just agree to disagree. Merry Xmas.

Getting proper ****** off with some on here. Nobody is picking on him or using him as a scapegoat in matches gone past he's made errors and they have been commented on. Just like against Carlisle where he was excellent. He's a keeper, it's in a position where if he makes an error it stands out hence why it gets picked up on. Stop with all this nonsense about being a scapegoat and the other nonsense about fans who criticised his performances now looking silly. It's total bull ****. (I think everyone knows who I'm on about)

Play well get praise, make an error get criticised it's that simple and as I say as a keeper it stands out much more.

For me I would still like us to bring an experienced keeper in January if available, It's such a key Position and we need real quality there.

No doubt I'll get shot down by the usuals....

Nobody is going to shoot you down, you are entitled to your opinion, it does not mean everyone who disagrees with it is posting, as you so eloquently put it, 'total bull &hiT'.

Up to just a week or two ago, there were still posts singling out this player, yet never noticing his good performances so the term 'scapegoat' was quite valid in my opinion.

Could you not try to enjoy both the season and the superb away results at Carlisle and Colchester, and like the manager and many others do, realise that Ryan is making a valuable contribution, and has been throughout the run of games he has been given, long may it continue.

We are all entitled to our opinions,be they right or wrong.

I for one am more than happy to see Ryan continue in goals,I thinks his commandment of his area his some of the best I have seen by a Vale keeper for a long time.

But come the end of the day the only opinion that really matters is Neil Aspin's and he seems happy enough !

I for one am more than happy to see Ryan continue in goals,I thinks his commandment of his area is some of the best I have seen by a Vale keeper for a long time.

But come the end of the day the only opinion that really matters is Neil Aspin's and he seems happy enough !

At the game (and I was in line) Szmodic looked clearly offside and I haven't changed my mind since watching the highlights a few times. He's very quick but not that quick to be so far clear. Boot definitely hesitated and that's why it got so much stick from the players but they should be asking themselves why no one tracked Szmodic's run. So in my view Boot could have done better but he's not the only one. We should though cut him some slack - he's young and inexperienced and he'll learn - and it was noticeable that shortly afterwards, he was very quickly off his line in a similar situation and the chance was missed.

None of this should detract from the Vale's impressive performance, which is getting better every game. Aspo is sorting it slowly but surely and the next few games will really be worth watching. We may not fare so well against these highly placed teams but, my goodness, we'll give them a game.

I was suggesting / thinking Aspin would take Boot out of the firing line for Carlisle, we’ve since got 4/6 points with him in goal. The bigger picture is there’s no desperation to change such that the urgency for points trumps the need for players like that to get a decent run with a few substandard performances or mistakes tolerated in theinterests of calmly assessing over a decent period whether we have a decent prospect on our hands. Aspin’s earned the right to have his choices respected and I think he’s taking a longer calmer view than the likes of me tapping away on a forum.

I for one am more than happy to see Ryan continue in goals,I thinks his commandment of his area his some of the best I have seen by a Vale keeper for a long time.

You can't have seen many vale keepers then if you think he Commands his area the best! I'm all for giving the lad and other lads praise but come on.

Lainton is fit but Aspo's got him on bench polishing duty which tells me what I need to know about Ryan Boot, if he's good enough for Aspo by choice he's good enough for me.

He's very raw but he's doing a good job and, sick note Lainton apart, is the best keeper we've seen since last Christmas. Fasan, Dennis the Mehmet, Roos the Cogburn, Rudolph Nuryev or whatever his name was, we may as well have played rush goalie.

Oddly enough I heard that some big clubs were sniffing around Boot in the summer and Norm was hoping for another pay day which is why they brought in Hornby. I have no idea if there's any truth in that though.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Archived