onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Aspin would make sense he's experienced in the league below and has a very good record so it was only a matter of time before he looked at league football and league sides became interested imo. However I do think it's a risk that I wouldn't necessarily be willing to take given the position that we're currently in.

Aspin would make sense he's experienced in the league below and has a very good record so it was only a matter of time before he looked at league football and league sides became interested imo. However I do think it's a risk that I wouldn't necessarily be willing to take given the position that we're currently in.

Who of the would-be's wouldn't be a risk?

Who of the would-be's wouldn't be a risk?

Depends which list you believe. The one the fans have made up with the likes of Powell and Atkins. They wouldn't be a risk and neither would Coleman imo. But there's no chance of us getting the first 2 and probably not Coleman either.

The realistic ones mentioned in Horton, askey and bell would be huge risks, certainly not work taking bell is well respected but now isn't the time to be risking it on him. Out of the realistic names aspin does look the most promising because of his lower league experience. It's still a risk though.

Not convinced by Aspin. I don't see why he's the answer but Askey isn't?

Perhaps this will help:

Aspin: since 2005 has managed Harrogate, FC Halifax, Gateshead FC; 625 games with win ratio 48.6%

Askey: two spells at Macclesfield, 2003-04 and then since 2013 ; 256 games with win ratio 40.6%

But it's not just the stats - it's the feel good factor that Aspin would bring, a legend from one of the few periods of extended success we've had.

He used to live in a massive converted farmhouse in Harrogate REP last I heard.

I think that is why he has stayed relatively 'local'.

Think he has invested heavily in property plus his daughter used to star in Emmerdale a while back.

He was on over £2k a week when he played for Vale, doubt he will manage em for £800 a week sadly?

I'd take him like a shot if he has indeed applied.

>2k a week at Vale 25 years ago? I think that's unlikely.

Yes where's The Bounty Hunter when you need him.

So here I am called out here again

It seems I am needed on here once more

To deal with the likes of Martini knockyaoneoff

And a few others who shall remain nameless

For the time being

Stung is not of those at the moment

So Martinaskitchen beware,as you

Are now on the list of

THE BOUNTY HUNTER

Cotterill gone to Birmingham.

And people thought he should be on our radar. Perhaps they will realise that aspin is by far our best realistic possibility.

If we don't get him now and we end up with another underwhelming appointment, then unless we see immediate improvement, smurf has made a rod for his own back.

Archived