onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin

Robbie Earle's Perm

If this was a non league manager we'd never heard of we would be up in arms. But I think it would be quite a clever move from Norman due to his past with the club and how highly regarded he is. He would have us on his side immediately, and he may even get the time that wouldn't be afforded to someone else. Plus its another type of manager for Norman to tick off the list... coach promoted to manager, foreigner, first time job and now club legend.

For him this would be a natural progression, he's done well in the lower leagues so why not get a chance at managing a league club? Surely thats what hes been building up to in his managerial career?

Despite whats going on behind the scenes with the chairman we are on paper a good opportunity for someone. Yes we are on our arse, but I believe we can be turned around, we have decent facilities, the potential for bigger crowds and we must have a decent budget for this level too. Anyone worth their salt must look at the positives and see this job as a good challenge that could help their career.

I mentioned the Aspin rumour to one of my Stoke supporting mates and he was on about Dennis Smith, saying the reason he never went there as manager was because he didn't want to tarnish his image with the fans. Aspin is easily the best defender I've seen for us and I think that legacy will still remain.

Advert

If the cryptic tweets are anything to go by, then there's only one appointment out of the front runners that would drag stay aways from their armchairs, and that's Aspin. An injection on atmosphere at vale park, 12th man in full effect, if that doesn't lift your performance as a player, then nowt will. I've got my fingers crossed but not getting to giddy until it's announced. Anything else would be an anti-climax to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

If as suggested aspo comes with a dof I.e Adams or rudgie then Norman could open his wallet again and just let that money keep rolling into it this would potentially be a great move for us as fans and for smurf as chairman, we all need to swallow a little pride and atleast say cheers Norman for trying to repair what's been done to our great club

If it happens I will , regardless of a fair few on here.

I stand by something an old guy told me when I went into business 'it's not making mistakes that counts , it's how quickly you react to them and how you put them right that counts, everyone makes mistakes '.

UTV

Please return king Aspin, and claim your throne

If this was a non league manager we'd never heard of we would be up in arms. But I think it would be quite a clever move from Norman due to his past with the club and how highly regarded he is. He would have us on his side immediately, and he may even get the time that wouldn't be afforded to someone else. Plus its another type of manager for Norman to tick off the list... coach promoted to manager, foreigner, first time job and now club legend.

For him this would be a natural progression, he's done well in the lower leagues so why not get a chance at managing a league club? Surely thats what hes been building up to in his managerial career?

Despite whats going on behind the scenes with the chairman we are on paper a good opportunity for someone. Yes we are on our arse, but I believe we can be turned around, we have decent facilities, the potential for bigger crowds and we must have a decent budget for this level too. Anyone worth their salt must look at the positives and see this job as a good challenge that could help their career.

I mentioned the Aspin rumour to one of my Stoke supporting mates and he was on about Dennis Smith, saying the reason he never went there as manager was because he didn't want to tarnish his image with the fans. Aspin is easily the best defender I've seen for us and I think that legacy will still remain.

Correct

You've got a stoke friend?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

If the cryptic tweets are anything to go by, then there's only one appointment out of the front runners that would drag stay aways from their armchairs, and that's Aspin. An injection on atmosphere at vale park, 12th man in full effect, if that doesn't lift your performance as a player, then nowt will. I've got my fingers crossed but not getting to giddy until it's announced. Anything else would be an anti-climax to say the least.

Given NS's grasp of Vale history and the fact that he didn't know who Aspin was a couple of years ago, I fully expect Kevin Steggles to be appointed.

I love Aspo but then again I loved Glover too and we all know how that worked out.

The club legend route has been done numerous times and on every occasion we have been disappointed.

I wish we would appoint on rational evidence like track record, rather than sentiment.

He has a very good track record as manager to date

How are experienced managers going to progress if clubs like vale who are on their arses don't give them a chance?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I love Aspo but then again I loved Glover too and we all know how that worked out.

The club legend route has been done numerous times and on every occasion we have been disappointed.

I wish we would appoint on rational evidence like track record, rather than sentiment.

Glover had no experience as a manager and was thrown in. Aspin has had the experience and has proven himself with an excellent win ration only ten places below us. I think if he has a DOF as well who can complain.

I think this would be a good move.

Archived