onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Stevenage v Port Vale

Fosse69

How about some stability in the team, bring back Gibbons, Tonge and Turner. Not hopeful of a manager change, so off we go for the 5th game against a current top 7 team. Does that mean we have had a tough run and easier games will follow, although we have not beaten either team below us? Only a change in luck and a boost to confidence with wins will solve our predicament, can the tide turn without a change in management? 3 points at stake, chances of at least 1?

Advert

How about some stability in the team, bring back Gibbons, Tonge and Turner. Not hopeful of a manager change, so off we go for the 5th game against a current top 7 team. Does that mean we have had a tough run and easier games will follow, although we have not beaten either team below us? Only a change in luck and a boost to confidence with wins will solve our predicament, can the tide turn without a change in management? 3 points at stake, chances of at least 1?

Stability is a massive part of being consistent, yet make too many changes week in and week out and we have ended up being consistently rubbish since xmas. Morgan and Kelly were part of that too with Brown, but what surprises me is that as ex-players they should know that its not a good thing to be making big changes to the side every week. No ones settled.

I think we should keep the 5 at the back and bring in those 3 players again you mention above.

Id pick this side .

Boot

Yates (gibbons ) Yates (Gunning )

Anderson Smith Gunning (kay )

Tonge Worrall Denton

Turner Barnett

I think Denton is a forwards thinking player.

So id stick either Yates or Gunning at left wing back .

Think the high press which would be required to get us out of this almighty mess is evident with Denton and Worrall ,i thought tonge looked a class act when he came on bar his free kick which was poor the other night so id rather him than middleton.

Id give Pope a rest ,lets c if the two ive chosen can give us that litle extra needed to win games at this level so far its not working with Popey thats for sure.

Its a major game now we can not afford any more defeats this season if we r going get out of this division ,which is still do able if we get all the squad playing to there maximum.

Just a question what happened to Harness as i feel he has something in him .

I agree with Morgan the players r the only people who can change the doom to joy,once u cross that white line u r RESPONSIBLE for the happiness of those who follow u .

If the responsibility is to big for u then go ply your trade elsewhere.

Smurf doesnt take to the field ,yes his cost cutting has put u on there but u should be honoured play for us .

If u cant handle it go away .

I expect a barrage of good results soon hope u the players believe that is going be the case .

Id pick this side .

Boot

Yates (gibbons ) Yates (Gunning )

Anderson Smith Gunning (kay )

Tonge Worrall Denton

Turner Barnett

I think Denton is a forwards thinking player.

So id stick either Yates or Gunning at left wing back .

Think the high press which would be required to get us out of this almighty mess is evident with Denton and Worrall.

Crazy to put Gunning as wing back who arguably shouldn't be played as a defensive left back let alone a forward thinking left wing back. Yates has hardly played and I would question if is hes up to the workload that is required for a wing back too. Theres no need to move Denton from his natural position when hes been playing so well.

Unfortunately, I can't justify the time spent on the distance & money spent too for what I think is a nailed on loss, which is pretty sad. Won't be doing that many long distance away games until we get a manager in &/or improve massively, want some indication we are actually capable of getting a result away.

We really do need the issue of the manager sorting asap, don't think Morgan/Kelly are going to do anything for us in the long run, even if they temporarily improve us & get a few results.

An additional point which others have touched on, I posted late last season about the amount of players used & the correlation with league position, well a quarter of the way in & we've already used 27, which after checking a few other teams (not had time to check more), is higher than all of them. Need to find our 11 & stick with it, only changing when injuries arise. Otherwise, how are they supposed to feel any sort of consistency? When Turner gets dropped after scoring (& being our top scorer), surely nobody feels the need to play for their place, as there's no guarantee they'll keep it, even with a good performance.

I feel Smith needs a few weeks break...he has been part of a battered defence week in week out. A spell on the sidelines might help recapture his best form.However he hasn't been playing awful and gives pace to a back 3 so a bit catch 22.I'd still rest him though.

He's a pretty decent, perfectly fit 21 year old, who has played constantly for over a season now, & one of the only bits of consistency in the side we have. The last thing we need is another change.

Unfortunately, I can't justify the time spent on the distance & money spent too for what I think is a nailed on loss, which is pretty sad. Won't be doing that many long distance away games until we get a manager in &/or improve massively, want some indication we are actually capable of getting a result away.

We really do need the issue of the manager sorting asap, don't think Morgan/Kelly are going to do anything for us in the long run, even if they temporarily improve us & get a few results.

An additional point which others have touched on, I posted late last season about the amount of players used & the correlation with league position, well a quarter of the way in & we've already used 27, which after checking a few other teams (not had time to check more), is higher than all of them. Need to find our 11 & stick with it, only changing when injuries arise. Otherwise, how are they supposed to feel any sort of consistency? When Turner gets dropped after scoring (& being our top scorer), surely nobody feels the need to play for their place, as there's no guarantee they'll keep it, even with a good performance.

I should be going all being well, the last 2 performances have given me a bit more hope that we can get ourselves out of this mess. However I don't think we should be making too many changes, we need to get settled pattern of play with a settled side and we haven't been that for a long time now. So for me keep the same formation, play Turner and Tonge.

Archived