onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

The club would have been in a much better state with Page and a supportive chairman. I don't want to go on about RP but this complete lie that he was a poor manager needs challenging.

Look back to threads on him on this platform when he was manager, look at the specific threads on his two retained lists and watch re-runs of lots of the most negative anti-football his team's played. Rose coloured spectacles need to be taken off and look at the fact that he's failed in both his league management roles.

Page was treated despicably by Smurthwaite,the ramifications are costing us to this day.

And yet Page called the owner 'excellent' less than a month before he left, Page got the move he wanted and we got compensation for a poor asset. Since Micky left we have consistently been on a downward spiral thanks to the crap managers appointed and the owner must take responsibility for appointing the wrong people.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

And yet Page called the owner 'excellent' less than a month before he left, Page got the move he wanted and we got compensation for a poor asset. Since Micky left we have consistently been on a downward spiral thanks to the crap managers appointed and the owner must take responsibility for appointing the wrong people.

Your judgement is as flawed as the morals in your post. It just proves how good a devious liar Smurf was that Page lauded Smurf when he was getting stabbed in the back and lied to every hour of every day.

It stinks to high heaven and so do those who think it is ok.

Disgraceful and we have paid the price since as everyone in football knows what Smurf is, and the only people who think this vile tale with Page leaving was clever are you and about 3 others on here, says a lot about you too.

I totally agree with you but IMHO it doesn't need challenging 'cause the assertion that Rob page was a poor manager is groundless and factless and the Vale fans who cast that assertion just make a sweeping statement with no evidence or reasoning to back it up.

It was only 20 months ago that Vale were one decent striker away from making a play-off push in Lge 1, what I would give for that right now. It was only 2 seasons ago that Rob Page guided this club to safety in Lge 1 after a disastrous start and MA's departure.

Vale's demise is traced back to Smurf's chess playing that led to Rob Page's departure, it's turned out to be well and truly "Fools mate". All water under the bridge now though.

Correct the damage is done and it's all water under the bridge,at least under Page we won games and scored goals something we were'nt doing until Adams resigned.

Since Micky left we have consistently been on a downward spiral

Micky Adams left 2014- 23rd

Page finished season 2015 - 18th

Page finished season 2016 - 12th

Don't think you understand what a downward spiral is.

The fact that Page called Smurthwaite 'excellent' is more testament to the former's tact, professionalism and diplomacy rather than any glowing reference for the hotheaded buffoon that you so worship.

Micky Adams left 2014- 23rd

Page finished season 2015 - 18th

Page finished season 2016 - 12th

Don't think you understand what a downward spiral is.

The fact that Page called Smurthwaite 'excellent' is more testament to the former's tact, professionalism and diplomacy rather than any glowing reference for the hotheaded buffoon that you so worship.

I don't worship anyone kid, I just see all perspectives.

He called him excellent weeks before he left the fact remains.

The season before Micky finished 9th and the season before that he got us promoted.

The season Page finished 18th he had virtually a full season and even at the end of that season he almost sucked us back in to a relegation battle. The season we finished 12th it was a much weaker league than the season we finished 18th.

Exeter in the cup' date=' another of that manager's failings / finest hours followed by the ostracising of Streete.[/quote']

I remember losing to Scarborough under Rudge, a worse result than the Exeter debacle. Can't remember any running on to the supporters' coach, histrionics on the touchline and complaints of a stroke from Bill Bell. Maybe your darling Norman could ask him?

The fact that Smurthwaite had already promised BT that he would sack Page live on air if we lost the previous replay says all you need to know about Norman and the conditions that Page was working under. See also the tweets after Bradford away that same season.

The season before Micky finished 9th and the season before that he got us promoted.

The season Page finished 18th he had virtually a full season and even at the end of that season he almost sucked us back in to a relegation battle. The season we finished 12th it was a much weaker league than the season we finished 18th.

Whatever. No downward spiral, no matter how much you try and whine about it.

I remember losing to Scarborough under Rudge, a worse result than the Exeter debacle. Can't remember any running on to the team coach, histrionics on the touchline and complaints of a stroke from Bill Bell. Maybe your darling Norman could ask him?

The fact that Smurthwaite had already promised BT that he would sack Page live on air if we lost the previous replay says all you need to know about Norman and the conditions that Page was working under. See also the tweets after Bradford away that same season.

He didn't sack him though did he, eventually he managed him out of the business and even received compensation for him.

Whatever. No downward spiral, no matter how much you try and whine about it.

Of course we have been the football at the very least has consistently been on a downward spiral since Micky's last full season, unless you enjoyed the mind numbingly boring football of Page followed by the crap Bruno and more recently Brown,who has hit even lower lows, have served up.

If we finished 9th in Micky's last full season and we have consistently finished below that ever since that's a downward spiral in essence particularly given whereWe currently languish. Page beating his own crap first season marginally but still finishing lower than Micky's season in league 1 was nothing to praise him for.

He's long gone now anyway and we need to move on from all 3 managerial failures and hope the owner chooses the right man this time around.

Archived