Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Spunk Trumpet

I'm just confused how people thought we would see change without a new

Manager in place????

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

It's crazy.

What are people expecting from the two people who signed, coached and picked the players with Brown?

We've been marginally better since Brown has gone. I'd expect vast improvement if a half decent manager is appointed.

Advert

I actually think that Norman is paralysed by fear of getting this one wrong.

I think he was going to appoint Askey but got cold feet.

He could remove all that fear by selling the club before making an appointment, and maybe we would get a decent manager then. Off you go into the sunshine and a wonderful happy retirement - just think how wonderful it would be (well, for us at least). No stress for you my little Smurfhound.

I agree. It's an overreaction. But I also agree with the posters sentiments.

We cannot let this drag on because the difference in a few points over a season could be catastrophic.

Agreed.

Can't discount these other two teams from pulling it together (or one of them). Most teams need around 45-50 points to stay up in League 2, it could well be around 40 this year. Couldn't watch or listen to the game tonight but it's absolutely dire that we are not picking up points. I would have taken a point tonight.

A manager must be in place for Saturday. I'm already looking at the results and checking out Chesterfield and Forest Green at the same time :(

I see you are still a *****. Browns backroom team are running the team still

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

It's who is running the whole club that matters.

Just tell us - do you support Smurf, or think he is not to blame for this mess, asyou have grovelled to him before. Who appointed Bruno, Brown - who got us relegated, who got rid of the successful manager Page when we were top-half L1, who sold our only decent keeper and wouldn't fund a replacement ?

Your posts are the work of a blinkered loonbucket.

It's who is running the whole club that matters.

Just tell us - do you support Smurf, or think he is not to blame for this mess, asyou have grovelled to him before. Who appointed Bruno, Brown - who got us relegated, who got rid of the successful manager Page when we were top-half L1, who sold our only decent keeper and wouldn't fund a replacement ?

Your posts are the work of a blinkered loonbucket.

I've not grovelled to anyone. I don't support an owner I support a club. In terms of blame it's spread with a large portion at his door, some at Bruno's , some at Browns and some now with Garlick.

You can moan about somethings like getting rid of Page...he also appointed Page too??? He sold our goalkeeper for decent money to a bigger club. Brown was allowed to pick the replacement and chose 4 awful keepers. Whilst I don't agree the vast majority of the what smurf does sometimes take a step back and look at the common sense of it all without the emotion. Some times even decisions which make sense are lauded as huge mistake when they really aren't.

selling Alnwick and Grant makes sense. Grant wasn't playing ball on his contract and Alnwick wanted to go to Rangers.

Brown was allowed funds and like this year squandered them that's not Smurfs fault. He's backed the manager and the manager is a weapon. Before you start losing your **** about he appointed blah blah. Just remember how many chairman get it right....not many hence why we've already seen 10+ managers fired this year.

We think we are so hard done by as do fans the length of the country. Some clubs have changed managers as many times as we have in the last 5 years and got none right. It happens. Whilst you all criticise his appointments and say they are crap, now people are moaning that he's not rushing into a decision. How can he win?

Let him make what could be the most important decision in the last decade for PVFC with some thought, consideration and input from people like Adams and maybe just maybe he will get it right and we will get out of this mess

I've not grovelled to anyone. I don't support an owner I support a club. In terms of blame it's spread with a large portion at his door, some at Bruno's , some at Browns and some now with Garlick.

You can moan about somethings like getting rid of Page...he also appointed Page too??? He sold our goalkeeper for decent money to a bigger club. Brown was allowed to pick the replacement and chose 4 awful keepers. Whilst I don't agree the vast majority of the what smurf does sometimes take a step back and look at the common sense of it all without the emotion. Some times even decisions which make sense are lauded as huge mistake when they really aren't.

selling Alnwick and Grant makes sense. Grant wasn't playing ball on his contract and Alnwick wanted to go to Rangers.

Brown was allowed funds and like this year squandered them that's not Smurfs fault. He's backed the manager and the manager is a weapon. Before you start losing your **** about he appointed blah blah. Just remember how many chairman get it right....not many hence why we've already seen 10+ managers fired this year.

We think we are so hard done by as do fans the length of the country. Some clubs have changed managers as many times as we have in the last 5 years and got none right. It happens. Whilst you all criticise his appointments and say they are crap, now people are moaning that he's not rushing into a decision. How can he win?

Let him make what could be the most important decision in the last decade for PVFC with some thought, consideration and input from people like Adams and maybe just maybe he will get it right and we will get out of this mess

But Matt.

He. Hasn't. A. Clue.

We are 36 games away from doing what we have never done before. Go out of the football league.

You can blame Page.

You can blame Bruno.

You can blame Brown.

You can blame Garlick.

There's one common denominator.

The death of the football club WILL be supporters like yourself. And may you have blood on your hands.

Me and you don't get on. Probably never will.

We agree to disagree most of the time.

But from one Vale fan to another, as I know we both love our club, please wake up to the FACT that we are where we are because of one man and will go into non league if he remains as he's absolutely clueless!

Matt.

Please wake up.

There are too many like you and your football club is staring at non league abyss.

This isn't me saying this 10 months ago and being laughed at. This is serious now.

What will it take for you lot to see that Norman Smurthwaite is scum?!!

Vanarama football?

Non league north?

I despair.

You can moan about somethings like getting rid of Page...he also appointed Page too??? He sold our goalkeeper for decent money to a bigger club. Brown was allowed to pick the replacement and chose 4 awful keepers.

Whilst I don't agree the vast majority of the what smurf does sometimes take a step back and look at the common sense of it all without the emotion. Some times even decisions which make sense are lauded as huge mistake when they really aren't.

Another shedload of puerile excuses for the loser of an owner we are stuck with. No mention of him not shelling out to keep our top scorer in January, and he didn't give Borwn enough funds to sign a replacement keeper hence 4 chancers with ZERO experience.

Yes other chairmen make mistakes, but not this many ! few other chairman would have been duped by a stupid phone call from Jose Mourinho, believed false promises of Manchester United loan players, and taken in by a catalogue player service and spent fans hard-earned money on dross like Mbamba and some of the rest who were earning £50k or £100k in some cases. Sheer madness.

Lies about going on the bus at Exeter, making himself look a fool and lose all dignity on twitter and elsewhere, banning the local paper - its one horror show after another and shows no sign of stopping or slowing down. He is making Port Vale the laughing stock of the football league.

I appreciate other clubs get it wrong, but not on this scale. Then there is the morally repugnant episode with Rob page which is totally unforgivable - other clubs do not publicly laugh at being deceitful and getting one over on previous managers and opponents.

None of us really know what has gone on with this 'ground seperation' thing, and why he won't sell to decent buyers. The man is a scourge and a plague on our club and you still support him.

Shame on you, for being so gullible or perhaps something even worse.

You'll see who we get as a cheap otion new manager soon, and maybe that will finally convince you that your support for this walking disaster is misplaced, to put it politely.

Another shedload of puerile excuses for the loser of an owner we are stuck with. No mention of him not shelling out to keep our top scorer in January, and he didn't give Borwn enough funds to sign a replacement keeper hence 4 chancers with ZERO experience.

Yes other chairmen make mistakes, but not this many ! few other chairman would have been duped by a stupid phone call from Jose Mourinho, believed false promises of Manchester United loan players, and taken in by a catalogue player service and spent fans hard-earned money on dross like Mbamba and some of the rest who were earning £50k or £100k in some cases. Sheer madness.

Lies about going on the bus at Exeter, making himself look a fool and lose all dignity on twitter and elsewhere, banning the local paper - its one horror show after another and shows no sign of stopping or slowing down. He is making Port Vale the laughing stock of the football league.

I appreciate other clubs get it wrong, but not on this scale. Then there is the morally repugnant episode with Rob page which is totally unforgivable - other clubs do not publicly laugh at being deceitful and getting one over on previous managers and opponents.

None of us really know what has gone on with this 'ground seperation' thing, and why he won't sell to decent buyers. The man is a scourge and a plague on our club and you still support him.

Shame on you, for for being so gullible or perhaps something even worse.

You'll see who we get as a cheap otion new manager soon, and maybe that will finally convince you that your support for this walking disaster is misplaced, to put it politely.

Sorry but I stopped reading at me making excuses.....you've spent 8 months making excuses for Brown. Your opinion means jack ****

But Matt.

He. Hasn't. A. Clue.

We are 36 games away from doing what we have never done before. Go out of the football league.

You can blame Page.

You can blame Bruno.

You can blame Brown.

You can blame Garlick.

There's one common denominator.

The death of the football club WILL be supporters like yourself. And may you have blood on your hands.

Me and you don't get on. Probably never will.

We agree to disagree most of the time.

But from one Vale fan to another, as I know we both love our club, please wake up to the FACT that we are where we are because of one man and will go into non league if he remains as he's absolutely clueless!

Matt.

Please wake up.

There are too many like you and your football club is staring at non league abyss.

This isn't me saying this 10 months ago and being laughed at. This is serious now.

What will it take for you lot to see that Norman Smurthwaite is scum?!!

Vanarama football?

Non league north?

I despair.

ST-

He has made some shockers but people's opinions are not based on rational facts the very example you can't even write a post without referring to him as scum and being abusive is all there for very one to see.

Smurf is 100 million miles from perfect however-

He didn't make this happen on purpose, he isn't on a one man crusade to end port vale. He's a muppet who thought he was too clever to get caught out, to get things wrong and is starting to smell the coffee after a catalogue of stupidity. He's not scum he's not a disgusting human being he's a plonker who is too proud to admit he was wrong. It's not a case of waking up, it's a case of dismissing everything he does out of hand and making any little issue a massive personal insult to yourself and every Vale fan.

He's taken a step back and appointed a CEO which fans have said isn't the case even though it clear from people who work at the club he had t been seen for months until very recently.

He's taken his time and given a manager that in a lot of people eyes didn't deserve time enough time to turn around a very poor run of form.

He's now fired a very poor manager and doesn't want to make the same mistake again and is now doing what everyone wanted which was to consult people in the game on who is the best possible replacement. He's taking his time on appointing a successor.

Yes he's been gobby on twitter, yes he's got on a coach and gobbed off at Exeter and then said he didn't. Yes he treated a couple of ex players badly. Personally I don't give a ****. That for me means diddly squat. He's just a ***** who is too proud to admit he got it wrong with a fellowship of moaning fans who turn every twitter post into a personal vendetta.

The best post I've read on Smurf was actually by that Stoke fan.

Vale fans have now wanted to chase out every owner for 25 years....is that the fans or every owner for 25 years that's the issue?

Never a truer word spoken.

Stevenage....

Performance wasn't bad, confidence fragile when at the bottom, signs off improvement, we hit bar twice, they score 2 out of only 3 chances, crucial first goal ironically going in off post.

We clearly have a goalkeeper problem, but otherwise this team will not go down or even be close.

I would like someone to explain the changes to the team after a good point at Yeovil. The best teams are the settled teams,all these changes are just stupid. After last seasons debical with loads of poor players, we do the same again go for quantity over quality this season. It just seems we pick any 11 out of 30 and hope for the best.

I can tell you what will happen we will get relegated nothing so sure. When NS finally appoints the next cheapo manager signs a load more players in January we will still be in the s--- . Keep doing the same things and you will get the same results its inevitable . G

Archived