onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Spunk Trumpet

Stevenage....

Performance wasn't bad, confidence fragile when at the bottom, signs off improvement, we hit bar twice, they score 2 out of only 3 chances, crucial first goal ironically going in off post.

We clearly have a goalkeeper problem, but otherwise this team will not go down or even be close.[/quote

I thought like that until last night driving home from the game. Then you look at the facts...1 win in 10, and no main source of goals. Three games in a row we have thrown away a lead. 7 points squandered.

We need wins, very soon. Otherwise we face getting cut adrift, and that is as it stands a very real possibility.

Advert

ST-

He has made some shockers but people's opinions are not based on rational facts the very example you can't even write a post without referring to him as scum and being abusive is all there for very one to see.

Smurf is 100 million miles from perfect however-

He didn't make this happen on purpose, he isn't on a one man crusade to end port vale. He's a muppet who thought he was too clever to get caught out, to get things wrong and is starting to smell the coffee after a catalogue of stupidity. He's not scum he's not a disgusting human being he's a plonker who is too proud to admit he was wrong. It's not a case of waking up, it's a case of dismissing everything he does out of hand and making any little issue a massive personal insult to yourself and every Vale fan.

He's taken a step back and appointed a CEO which fans have said isn't the case even though it clear from people who work at the club he had t been seen for months until very recently.

He's taken his time and given a manager that in a lot of people eyes didn't deserve time enough time to turn around a very poor run of form.

He's now fired a very poor manager and doesn't want to make the same mistake again and is now doing what everyone wanted which was to consult people in the game on who is the best possible replacement. He's taking his time on appointing a successor.

Yes he's been gobby on twitter, yes he's got on a coach and gobbed off at Exeter and then said he didn't. Yes he treated a couple of ex players badly. Personally I don't give a ****. That for me means diddly squat. He's just a ***** who is too proud to admit he got it wrong with a fellowship of moaning fans who turn every twitter post into a personal vendetta.

The best post I've read on Smurf was actually by that Stoke fan.

Vale fans have now wanted to chase out every owner for 25 years....is that the fans or every owner for 25 years that's the issue?

Never a truer word spoken.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

The thing is Matt people are angry for that very reason. He isnt good enough, doesnt have the temperament, skills, knowledge, experience or acumen to make the Vale successful.

I don't believe he is a bad person... but I do believe that he is 100% the wrong person for this job. The anger then comes because he is too big headed to admit it. And to soothe his own ego he is refusing to give up and ruining our club.

As I said before... he is like someone performing surgery on a loved one who has no clue what they are doing. But they refuse to stop digging around in the bloody cavity of the patient due to sheer pigheadedness.

He doesnt need the money... he said so himself.

So why wont he just admit he is a terrible terrible custodian of the club who is doing irreparable damage.

Because Norman Smurthwaite cares only about Norman Smurthwaite... Not the thousands of fans to whom this club means more than he will ever understand.

And to defend that is wrong.

ST-

He has made some shockers but people's opinions are not based on rational facts the very example you can't even write a post without referring to him as scum and being abusive is all there for very one to see.

Smurf is 100 million miles from perfect however-

He didn't make this happen on purpose, he isn't on a one man crusade to end port vale. He's a muppet who thought he was too clever to get caught out, to get things wrong and is starting to smell the coffee after a catalogue of stupidity. He's not scum he's not a disgusting human being he's a plonker who is too proud to admit he was wrong. It's not a case of waking up, it's a case of dismissing everything he does out of hand and making any little issue a massive personal insult to yourself and every Vale fan.

He's taken a step back and appointed a CEO which fans have said isn't the case even though it clear from people who work at the club he had t been seen for months until very recently.

He's taken his time and given a manager that in a lot of people eyes didn't deserve time enough time to turn around a very poor run of form.

He's now fired a very poor manager and doesn't want to make the same mistake again and is now doing what everyone wanted which was to consult people in the game on who is the best possible replacement. He's taking his time on appointing a successor.

Yes he's been gobby on twitter, yes he's got on a coach and gobbed off at Exeter and then said he didn't. Yes he treated a couple of ex players badly. Personally I don't give a ****. That for me means diddly squat. He's just a ***** who is too proud to admit he got it wrong with a fellowship of moaning fans who turn every twitter post into a personal vendetta.

The best post I've read on Smurf was actually by that Stoke fan.

Vale fans have now wanted to chase out every owner for 25 years....is that the fans or every owner for 25 years that's the issue?

Never a truer word spoken.

Have you considered the possibility that the back end of Bill Bell, V2001, and Smurf were not good times for ownership of Port Vale, or is it our fault? Stoke can sit up there in the Prem with their multi-billionaire sensible owner and be condescending all they want. I still remember them 'violently' storming his boardroom, a level we've never reached cus we're not mindless idiots.

Never a truer word spoken. Rubbish mate. We've had incompetent ownership through bad luck for ages, we shouldn't have to meekly accept like, the same way they forced the removal of the bloke who puts on free coaches to the Prem away games he bankrolled the club too.

All the other stuff you mentioned is overshadowed by the fact we're at the foot of the FL. I don't need to argue anymore than that. We deserve better than incompetence.

I'm sat here ******* seething.

I'm on the verge of giving up.

You apologists will get the club you deserve.

I'll get stick for the last line but you know its all true.

Beg to differ, Hagrid.

They won't get the club they deserve because I think there won't be one left to support in five years.

Have you considered the possibility that the back end of Bill Bell, V2001, and Smurf were not good times for ownership of Port Vale, or is it our fault? Stoke can sit up there in the Prem with their multi-billionaire sensible owner and be condescending all they want. I still remember them 'violently' storming his boardroom, a level we've never reached cus we're not mindless idiots.

Never a truer word spoken. Rubbish mate. We've had incompetent ownership through bad luck for ages, we shouldn't have to meekly accept like, the same way they forced the removal of the bloke who puts on free coaches to the Prem away games he bankrolled the club too.

All the other stuff you mentioned is overshadowed by the fact we're at the foot of the FL. I don't need to argue anymore than that. We deserve better than incompetence.

We are but let's be honest when the titanic went down there's wasn't enough lifeboats to save all the people. Would changing the owner of the ship during the it going down saved more people or would having more lifeboats?

Vale need more lifeboats at this moment in time not a change of owner. That's our issue next season not now. We need to let him get on with appointing a decent manager and getting it of the situation we are in at the bottom of L2. Changing the owner protesting against the owner is only going to muddy the waters.

In relation to Vale fans, I've said for years people have accepted crap on the pitch for far to long. The issue is now that we are million miles away from what people think we should be. I genuinely think that we have the ability as a club to be mid table in the championship.

Will we ever achieve that with the owners we have had....no we won't but nor will we attract an owner with money who has the club a heart probably in my lifetime for two reasons-

1. On the whole Vale fans are crap, they don't go, they find any reason to cop out of going and don't back their team even when we are on a promotion push. There's die hard 3500 who keep the club afloat and 10,000 cbas who pretend they are interested.

2. Vale isn't a good proposition because of the area, the 'fashionability' of the club, aging stadium, stoke city's prominence, crap fans and current league status.

Yes smurf needs to go but anyone who thinks the golden age is nigh once he leaves is just setting themselves up for disappointment. Synetics don't have the funds to bank roll us to league 1 let alone anywhere else. So once they take over and we grind to a halt mid table in L2 what's next? Protest against them till they sell us to a rich Arabian? Vale fans a unhealthy obsession with progression, once there is not they get bored and start to turn on the owner. All this talk of being run properly and on an even keel under Synetics is a pipe dream, realistically fans would be bored within 18 months and the moans would start. Mark my words Smurf won't be here in 2 years and fans will be moaning about the new owner/s within 12 months of him leaving

We are but let's be honest when the titanic went down there's wasn't enough lifeboats to save all the people. Would changing the owner of the ship during the it going down saved more people or would having more lifeboats?

Vale need more lifeboats at this moment in time not a change of owner. That's our issue next season not now. We need to let him get on with appointing a decent manager and getting it of the situation we are in at the bottom of L2. Changing the owner protesting against the owner is only going to muddy the waters.

In relation to Vale fans, I've said for years people have accepted crap on the pitch for far to long. The issue is now that we are million miles away from what people think we should be. I genuinely think that we have the ability as a club to be mid table in the championship.

Will we ever achieve that with the owners we have had....no we won't but nor will we attract an owner with money who has the club a heart probably in my lifetime for two reasons-

1. On the whole Vale fans are crap, they don't go, they find any reason to cop out of going and don't back their team even when we are on a promotion push. There's die hard 3500 who keep the club afloat and 10,000 cbas who pretend they are interested.

2. Vale isn't a good proposition because of the area, the 'fashionability' of the club, aging stadium, stoke city's prominence, crap fans and current league status.

Yes smurf needs to go but anyone who thinks the golden age is nigh once he leaves is just setting themselves up for disappointment. Synetics don't have the funds to bank roll us to league 1 let alone anywhere else. So once they take over and we grind to a halt mid table in L2 what's next? Protest against them till they sell us to a rich Arabian? Vale fans a unhealthy obsession with progression, once there is not they get bored and start to turn on the owner. All this talk of being run properly and on an even keel under Synetics is a pipe dream, realistically fans would be bored within 18 months and the moans would start. Mark my words Smurf won't be here in 2 years and fans will be moaning about the new owner/s within 12 months of him leaving

Vale's support has ALWAYS been fickle. I honestly think the club attracts depressive sorts. Maybe it's a Potteries mind-set. It's something you can feel in pretty much every interaction with people there. Anyway, I digress.

It made me cringe several times last night to hear the booing borne of impatience when we rightly held onto the ball rather than risk losing it. Heaven knows what the players make of it. The lack of atmosphere was also embarrassing.

We've got a huge job on to get clear of trouble but an even bigger job on to lure new fans to the club. Fourth Division football is a tough sell in a city where Division One football can be found.

I'm sat here ******* seething.

I'm on the verge of giving up.

You apologists will get the club you deserve.

I'll get stick for the last line but you know its all true.

Seeth all you like.Its us silly ***** keeping OUR CLUB going.There is an answer,buy the ******* club yourself.Who ever pays the piper calls the tune.No apologist here,I like footie and love the Vale.Have you,and others,ever considered it may have been you who has been part of the problem.Lose a game and the rabid pack of dogs appear.Hands up who hasn't made a ricket in their lives and regretted it.It's not about making mistakes it's about putting things right when you've ****** up.I really don't care who owns the club as long as there is dough backing them.That may sound shallow but can anyone guarantee that the next owner will have.To be honest the offers we've had have been derisory and an affront to Port Vale,not Smurf.

Seeth all you like.Its us silly ***** keeping OUR CLUB going.There is an answer,buy the ******* club yourself.Who ever pays the piper calls the tune.No apologist here,I like footie and love the Vale.Have you,and others,ever considered it may have been you who has been part of the problem.Lose a game and the rabid pack of dogs appear.Hands up who hasn't made a ricket in their lives and regretted it.It's not about making mistakes it's about putting things right when you've ****** up.I really don't care who owns the club as long as there is dough backing them.That may sound shallow but can anyone guarantee that the next owner will have.To be honest the offers we've had have been derisory and an affront to Port Vale,not Smurf.

Lose a game? We've only won 1 game this season, and we've only won 4 away games in the last 18 months. Make a ricket in their lives?

Are you serious? Smurthwaite is poison, and he'll take this club down, even if it kills him. He treated Synectics like they were a nuisance, and that's

the kind of man he is , arrogant and egotistical. What next, we sit 3rd bottom at Christmas, if we're lucky, and you'll be saying "We've only lost 18"?

The club is in serious trouble right now howjy , and will go down with him in charge. So, even at this early stage of the season , I wouldn't bet against it.

Lose a game? We've only won 1 game this season, and we've only won 4 away games in the last 18 months. Make a ricket in their lives?

Are you serious? Smurthwaite is poison, and he'll take this club down, even if it kills him. He treated Synectics like they were a nuisance, and that's

the kind of man he is , arrogant and egotistical. What next, we sit 3rd bottom at Christmas, if we're lucky, and you'll be saying "We've only lost 18"?

The club is in serious trouble right now howjy , and will go down with him in charge. So, even at this early stage of the season , I wouldn't bet against it.

What a steaming pile of horseshit, get a grip it’s pathetic

Archived