onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

I am not sure Vale fans think we are in danger of going down. Maybe they believe Norm when he says 'he wont allow it'. We need a proper manager, quick, to sort this mess out. Longer term, we then need Smurf away from the club. Like him or loathe him, hes ****** up big time and there is nothing to suggest he won't continue to do that.

ST-

He has made some shockers but people's opinions are not based on rational facts the very example you can't even write a post without referring to him as scum and being abusive is all there for very one to see.

Smurf is 100 million miles from perfect however-

He didn't make this happen on purpose, he isn't on a one man crusade to end port vale. He's a muppet who thought he was too clever to get caught out, to get things wrong and is starting to smell the coffee after a catalogue of stupidity. He's not scum he's not a disgusting human being he's a plonker who is too proud to admit he was wrong. It's not a case of waking up, it's a case of dismissing everything he does out of hand and making any little issue a massive personal insult to yourself and every Vale fan.

He's taken a step back and appointed a CEO which fans have said isn't the case even though it clear from people who work at the club he had t been seen for months until very recently.

He's taken his time and given a manager that in a lot of people eyes didn't deserve time enough time to turn around a very poor run of form.

He's now fired a very poor manager and doesn't want to make the same mistake again and is now doing what everyone wanted which was to consult people in the game on who is the best possible replacement. He's taking his time on appointing a successor.

Yes he's been gobby on twitter, yes he's got on a coach and gobbed off at Exeter and then said he didn't. Yes he treated a couple of ex players badly. Personally I don't give a ****. That for me means diddly squat. He's just a ***** who is too proud to admit he got it wrong with a fellowship of moaning fans who turn every twitter post into a personal vendetta.

The best post I've read on Smurf was actually by that Stoke fan.

Vale fans have now wanted to chase out every owner for 25 years....is that the fans or every owner for 25 years that's the issue?

Never a truer word spoken.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He's treated ex players, agents, managers, pretty much everyone hes come across involved in the game like ****. Football is a incestuous industry. Everyone talks to everyone. His attitude to everyone in the game is probably why we attract dog **** players and have a shortlist of inept failures.

He's treated ex players, agents, managers, pretty much everyone hes come across involved in the game like ****. Football is a incestuous industry. Everyone talks to everyone. His attitude to everyone in the game is probably why we attract dog **** players and have a shortlist of inept failures.

Sorry but it's not in incestuous industry at all it's one where money talks, hence why tom Pope who was treated so badly is now back taking his wages from the person who made him a low offer 2 years ago

We are but let's be honest when the titanic went down there's wasn't enough lifeboats to save all the people. Would changing the owner of the ship during the it going down saved more people or would having more lifeboats?

Vale need more lifeboats at this moment in time not a change of owner. That's our issue next season not now. We need to let him get on with appointing a decent manager and getting it of the situation we are in at the bottom of L2. Changing the owner protesting against the owner is only going to muddy the waters.

In relation to Vale fans, I've said for years people have accepted crap on the pitch for far to long. The issue is now that we are million miles away from what people think we should be. I genuinely think that we have the ability as a club to be mid table in the championship.

Will we ever achieve that with the owners we have had....no we won't but nor will we attract an owner with money who has the club a heart probably in my lifetime for two reasons-

1. On the whole Vale fans are crap, they don't go, they find any reason to cop out of going and don't back their team even when we are on a promotion push. There's die hard 3500 who keep the club afloat and 10,000 cbas who pretend they are interested.

2. Vale isn't a good proposition because of the area, the 'fashionability' of the club, aging stadium, stoke city's prominence, crap fans and current league status.

Yes smurf needs to go but anyone who thinks the golden age is nigh once he leaves is just setting themselves up for disappointment. Synetics don't have the funds to bank roll us to league 1 let alone anywhere else. So once they take over and we grind to a halt mid table in L2 what's next? Protest against them till they sell us to a rich Arabian? Vale fans a unhealthy obsession with progression, once there is not they get bored and start to turn on the owner. All this talk of being run properly and on an even keel under Synetics is a pipe dream, realistically fans would be bored within 18 months and the moans would start. Mark my words Smurf won't be here in 2 years and fans will be moaning about the new owner/s within 12 months of him leaving

Matt, in this and your previous post you have listed a huge number of things that the owner has done wrong. You have likened the club to the Titanic. Yet in spite of all of that you STILL think the owner is the man to take us forward? I despair, I really do. You predict that a takeover by the neighbours would see us grind to a halt midway in League 2 - Christ, I'd kill for midway in League 2 at the moment. Who knows what would happen under new owners? Who knows if the reputation of the club would be healed to some extent? Who knows if other investors might turn up? Who knows? One thing we do know though, based on the evidence of recent history, is that under the present ownership we are heading only one way and you can be bloody sure it isn't upwards.

We attract crap players as three crap managers have signed them.

Matt, in this and your previous post you have listed a huge number of things that the owner has done wrong. You have likened the club to the Titanic. Yet in spite of all of that you STILL think the owner is the man to take us forward? I despair, I really do. You predict that a takeover by the neighbours would see us grind to a halt midway in League 2 - Christ, I'd kill for midway in League 2 at the moment. Who knows what would happen under new owners? Who knows if the reputation of the club would be healed to some extent? Who knows if other investors might turn up? Who knows? One thing we do know though, based on the evidence of recent history, is that under the present ownership we are heading only one way and you can be bloody sure it isn't upwards.

Make no mistake we are going to need a load more funds in January to sign some decent players (quality over quantity) than the quantity of crap Brown has signed, do these neighbours have it?

Make no mistake we are going to need a load more funds in January to sign some decent players (quality over quantity) than the quantity of vcrap Brown has signed' date=' do these neighbours have it?[/quote']

If the owner appears loathe to spend money on a decent manager, why should we expect him to splash the cash in January? With regard to whether or not new owners would have the money - whoever they are - I suppose it depends if the owner is prepared to reduce his asking price to a more sensible level to allow funds for investment in the squad rather than lining his pockets.

Another gem of a reply from Yukon , full of information as usual. I thought you were on my ignore list, with ignorance being a key word here. Ah , there it is . Done.

You have your paddy fit, you couldn’t look dafter than you did after your previous nonsense. If you think Smurf would try to destroy the club up to the point it killed him, then you are an idiot. I’d go as far as to say it’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever read on this site. On that basis I can only presume the ignorance you refer to is your own.

Sorry but it's not in incestuous industry at all it's one where money talks, hence why tom Pope who was treated so badly is now back taking his wages from the person who made him a low offer 2 years ago

Money talks correct. But if youre a player and you get a offer that is the same at vale and another club, and youve heard the **** that Smurf gets up to or your agent has dealt with him previously you won't end up at Vale. I aren't saying its the sole reason, but this attitude of i can say what i want, when i want, to who i want will be having an impact. People in the industry think hes a ******* *****. It can't be good for business.

If the owner appears loathe to spend money on a decent manager, why should we expect him to splash the cash in January? With regard to whether or not new owners would have the money - whoever they are - I suppose it depends if the owner is prepared to reduce his asking price to a more sensible level to allow funds for investment in the squad rather than lining his pockets.

He's always splashed the cash on the budget, he doesn't particularly need to splash the cash on a manager (although I think he should) he simply needs to get it right 4th time around.

So he needs to reduce so we can spend money, makes no sense. Might as well just let him spend aided by a new (decent manager he must appoint) and Micky potentially.

Archived