onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Spunk Trumpet

What a mess.

Rooted to the bottom of the football league with two other teams who seem to be worse than us.

The managerial situation is a joke.

Sproson advising Smurthwaite again, despite his advice failing in previous appointments.

The chairman looking like a rabbit in the headlights.

Anyone heard from Tone recently? Jobs for the boys.

A CEO who has seemingly been gagged since Browns departure. May as well pay him off Norm.

The clubs a joke.

On the managerial front, is there a stand out candidate?

In my opinion, no.

Westley. No chance.

Askey. Massive gamble.

Horton. Had his day, possibly.

And they are the favourites.

So, in my opinion, the only way we go is to Micky Adams.

Listening to his RS interview last night he stated he wouldn't be the next manager long term but would help out if needed.

Get him in until Christmas. A steady pair of hands who will get this lot going.

That gives Norman and his cronies three months to plan who they want and how they want him to take PVFC forward.

They obviously have no clue in the short term, so a knee jerk reaction appointment from a man who hasn't the foggiest idea, isn't the best for us right now.

Micky Adams tomorrow. Temporarily. Then look at long term management options to appoint early January or before.

We simply cannot rely on Morgan and Kelly and we certainly can't take a gamble on appointing someone if we aren't 100% certain on his appointment.

Time to act Norman.

Sensibly.

Advert

we are stuck in a downward spiral and the longer it goes on the harder it will be to arrest the slide norman is in a fix he doesn't know what to do it's obvious that's why he's deliberating or should that be dithering,an analogy is like the rabbit caught in a cars headlights.

we are stuck in a downward spiral and the longer it goes on the harder it will be to arrest the slide norman is in a fix he doesn't know what to do it's obvious that's why he's deliberating or should that be dithering,an analogy is like the rabbit caught in a cars headlights.

I think Chesterfield will act and pull away,it leaves us in a real mess,the headless chicken analogy is accurate,our heads off,but we are still running around to eventually die.

I'm just confused how people thought we would see change without a new

Manager in place????

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Because when a manager leaves, a reaction happens for the better in most cases.

I'm now more concerned that Norman hasn't a clue who to appoint so the logical answer is to get Micky in for ten games whilst he has another crash course as to how to run a football club.

I'm not holding out much hope in him getting it right but another three months might give him more of a chance.

I'm clutching at very small straws.

Maybe he's actually consulting with Adams and agents and doing things properly??

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Matt, that may be. His history would say otherwise. He has yet to prove he has the first clue as to how run a football club.

It's all well and good getting advice but when he acts on it, he has to step up and realise and understand how a football club works and more importantly, how to talk to people he employs and not come across as the arrogant idiot he portrays.

Games come thick and fast.

Morgan and Kelly aren't the answer, yet Morgan is saying he wants to be the future of the club!

Fans don't know who they want as there is no standout candidate.

I'm sure Norman doesn't have one either.

So, what I suggest is that Micky goes in there short term.

A steady hand on the tiller whilst we hope (all we can do)he can get the next appointment correct.

That league table is looking grim already and we can't afford to gamble with Morgan and Kelly anymore. Just like we couldn't with Brown.

I'm 95% sure Smurf was going to appoint one of Westley, Askey, or Horton, and thankfully bottled it when he saw the backlash.

Its do or die for the club, and therefore him, which is all he cares about.

I can honestly see the Adams' suggestion occurring. A temporary 10 game contract with a big bonus if we in, say 4.

Its a sad indictment of the state of our club where we are literally scrambling to find a competent manager to give us 10 games. Adams did a great job but he is not the future.

I'm 95% sure Smurf was going to appoint one of Westley, Askey, or Horton, and thankfully bottled it when he saw the backlash.

Its do or die for the club, and therefore him, which is all he cares about.

I can honestly see the Adams' suggestion occurring. A temporary 10 game contract with a big bonus if we in, say 4.

Its a sad indictment of the state of our club where we are literally scrambling to find a competent manager to give us 10 games. Adams did a great job but he is not the future.

He's not the future but I'd prefer him be there, working at the club, managing the team, helping in the recruitment of the next manager. Until Christmas.

We can't afford to leave Morgan and Kelly in charge.

Archived