onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where do we go from here?

Spunk Trumpet

It's easy to forget that Page was learning the ropes. There was a hell of a lot more potential there than with Bruno or Brown. You could see he was building something. It's just a lot of people felt that what he was building was a negative boring football team.

I actually agree with you, but feel it is not as simple as saying he was building a negative and boring team. Most managers want to get the defence right first, and although there were some abject away performances, there were many games that were great entertainment at home, and a small number away.

It isn't as if anything since has been scintillating, and I for one, and I think many others after some consideration, realise that a top-half League One club that is improving despite some negative and frustrating matches sometimes, is almost infinitely better than a club in freefall with no direction, and in many people's eyes no future.

I'd have Page back with Micky overseeing until Christmas in a heartbeat, and if we got a few broing away games but moved up the table to safety then that would be fine.

Advert

And there you have one of our key problems - the owner interfering in the football.

As soon as Adams was out the door, Norman started buying players. Was it Campion who was the first? It says volumes that he didn't think he could get away with that sort of thing with Micky.

As soon as Adams was out the door, Norman started buying players. Was it Campion who was the first? It says volumes that he didn't think he could get away with that sort of thing with Micky.

Wasn't it Smurf's interference that saw £8000 paid out for that Maradonna of Vale Park (or should that be Madonna) .....J J Hooper ?

Steady start this season for him 2 goals in 9 games. How many of our squad have achieved that?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using the onevalefan mobile app

Rather too early to judge him, and on a personal level I wish him well, but not only was he ineffective at Vale (like so many others last season) but much more damning was his apparent laziness and lack of interest - that is what annoyed me, as he probably does have a little ability.

I'm right' date=' I've no idea what you are [emoji6']

Your argument was that not offering him a contract cost us a transfer fee and was stupid. My argument was that we couldn't afford to offer him the same contract in case he signed it because we couldn't afford it. You said he wouldn't sign it because a bigger club would come in for him and we would get a fee. The fact that he has not signed for anyone, despite being a free agent, suggests that your complaint that we were missing out on a fee was clearly wrong. If no one has signed him for nowt, it is blindingly obvious that no one was going to pay money for him.

I would love him to still be at Vale but c'est la vie as they say in Boslem.

Your argument was that not offering him a contract cost us a transfer fee and was stupid. My argument was that we couldn't afford to offer him the same contract in case he signed it because we couldn't afford it. You said he wouldn't sign it because a bigger club would come in for him and we would get a fee. The fact that he has not signed for anyone, despite being a free agent, suggests that your complaint that we were missing out on a fee was clearly wrong. If no one has signed him for nowt, it is blindingly obvious that no one was going to pay money for him.

I would love him to still be at Vale but c'est la vie as they say in Boslem.

I agree with that, simply disagree he wasn't offered one. Besides his wages have been well spent on people like Pope and Kay haven't they?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived