onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

I despair, the players gave effort, played well, had most of the play, created more chances but the opposition have two shots on target and score twice.

Vale lack a quality ball, a quality cross at the right time, we don't have anybody who can beat a man, we became too predictable in the 2nd half.

AdF hase never scored a Lge goal for Vale and I doubt whether he's ever had an assist, symptomatic of the lack of quality.

I actually think we played better last night and minus a couple of the **** players i do think a decent manager will have something to work with

Advert

Completely agree, that was the way I saw it too, but some people are lining him up as their latest scapegoat.

Overall, a first half that was very good and well worth going for, but sadly we don't seem to be able to sustain the momentum and collapse after the break - 3 games running now.

There have been signs of definite improvement with this new formation though, and I wouldn't say a result of some kind at Stevenage is beyond Vale. Keep the faith regardless of the manager situation for now..

Funny you should say that about the Stevenage game, I said exactly the same two hours ago to my son! Think a draw is not impossible a win a slight possibility imho

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I thought we started well (for us) but lost confidence when they scored.

We tried the same long straight pass high to Pope. It was very easy for their defenders to cope with. U need to put some angle on the pass so Pope has not constantly got his back to goal and a defender all over him.

No width on the right side either.

Kay is poor positional wise Denton and Smith covered him a fair bit.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using the onevalefan mobile app

I hope Wilson never pulls on a Vale shirt again tbh after what i saw from him after the FGR game and his attitude and performance last night,Gibbons and Yates over him every time

Have to completely agree with u there. He's done absolutely nowt to inspire me at all. At crawley in the 1st game I told 2 ladies who had travelled from Bolton to see their favourite and " best looking player in football"- their words, that he was our worst player on the pitch. He's done diddly squat since to convince me he should ever wear a vale shirt again. Sorry wilson for me you can't defend and you looked totally uninterested last night.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Have to completely agree with u there. He's done absolutely nowt to inspire me at all. At crawley in the 1st game I told 2 ladies who had travelled from Bolton to see their favourite and " best looking player in football"- their words, that he was our worst player on the pitch. He's done diddly squat since to convince me he should ever wear a vale shirt again. Sorry wilson for me you can't defend and you looked totally uninterested last night.

Hopefully Gibbons will be back for Saturday and gets the nod, played pretty well at Yeovil and gave us width on the right side as well as Denton on the left, both supported very well and seem to have the energy to cope with it too. Surprised me just how tall he was too so will help us at the back with balls over the top.

Hoping for a move back in January? They are struggling without him.

Not sure if it's just banter but Gunning has sent a message to Wilson on Twitter which is not exactly complimentary about his performance v Accrington

https://mobile.twitter.com/MadGavGunning/status/912783793982930944

That's a fake account. If Gunning (who isn't great so shouldn't be throwing stones) wrote that he'd be disciplined by the club.

Well done Pope for what though, putting his boots on the correct feet? 😂

That's a fake account. If Gunning (who isn't great so shouldn't be throwing stones) wrote that he'd be disciplined by the club.

Well done Pope for what though, putting his boots on the correct feet?

Sure you're right but it adds to the excitement if you believe it

I thought we started well (for us) but lost confidence when they scored.

We tried the same long straight pass high to Pope. It was very easy for their defenders to cope with. U need to put some angle on the pass so Pope has not constantly got his back to goal and a defender all over him.

No width on the right side either.

Kay is poor positional wise Denton and Smith covered him a fair bit.

The problem is if you play him angled balls they still have to be into his body as he doesn't have the ability to run. He had a decent first half but was clearly completely knackered second half as he was consistently the wrong side of his man every time the ball was played up to him.

The problem is if you play him angled balls they still have to be into his body as he doesn't have the ability to run. He had a decent first half but was clearly completely knackered second half as he was consistently the wrong side of his man every time the ball was played up to him.

Oh Ye true but then he is facing goal.

I would love it to be true but it ain't sadly.

Look at his pics, they are of last season, ah for the days of Bruno when we were 17th in the league above!

Why settle for 17th - under Rob Page it was top half - but then you consistently call him a failure which reflects on you rather than him, doesn'it ?

Wilson has surprised me with how bad he has been. I thought he would have been much better given the clubs hes been at and the amount of appearances hes made. He can't have been this bad in his career previously surely?

Hopefully Gibbons will be back for Saturday and gets the nod, played pretty well at Yeovil and gave us width on the right side as well as Denton on the left, both supported very well and seem to have the energy to cope with it too. Surprised me just how tall he was too so will help us at the back with balls over the top.

Gibbons and Denton were very good at Yeovil as the wing backs. I think its pleasing to see fan wanting young hungry homegrown players like Gibbons in the side. But I think we have to be patient with them as they will be inconsistent so early in their career. But it says a lot for how poor Wilson has been that based off one performance some fans would prefer an inexperienced young player in his place.

good first half performance but when you create enough chances to be 3 or 4 up and go in at half time 1-1 your asking for problems in the 2nd half and our performance dropped right off in the 2nd half which was dissapponting but taking a few positives denton is improving barnett linked play up well worrall and whitfield looked good, but we need to finish teams off

Archived