onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

Advert

I'd agree with much of this, it was Anderson who pulled their 7 back and should have walked. The Pope bit I kind of agree with but today he was pulled all over the place but got nothing at all. Defenders were quite clever about it 2nd half but it was easy to do as the ball was in the air for ages. He had 2 of them tearing his shirt off in the final minutes when we had the corners and were pressing for the equaliser.

Can I ask what Roos did wrong tonight.

roos doesnt give confidence and hesitates when his defenders are facing him with the ball and they in turn have someone closing them down, he needs to be more vocal for them to get rid or claim it, didn't he give a needless corner away or was it already out,some have said he should have saved the goal but I couldn't be 100% from my view point

Well I hope Norman has got deep pockets.

He is going to have to spend a lot of money to get us out of the mire.

First we need a good experienced manager.

It will be difficult because I believe Steve Cotterill is favourite for the Birmingham job.

Northampton,Gillingham and Chesterfield are all looking for a new manager and I can't imagine Norman will want to pay what they are offering.Who would want to come anyway with him as owner.Chris Powell may be tempted.

As we are struggling to win games why hasn't Remi Streete been approached to come back as he hasn't got a club and him and Smith had a good partnership last year.

He must be better than Kay.

Why isn't Adam Yates playing he must be better than Wilson.

He was fit enough to play half a dozen games for Macclesfield.

Boote is a better keeper than Roos or Hornby.Saved penalties in the league cup then was dropped by Brown.Why won't Eagles come back.I heard that Brown wasn't willing to pay the money he was asking so wasted it on other poor signings.

Just hope Norman gets his finger out and gets the new manager in before Saturday.

I see the fat controller was there tonight with Micky Adams. A new manager is a must asap,otherwise we'll be adrift by Christmas. The stadium should be renamed Space Stadium after tonight, as there was no atmosphere

Sent from my SM-T813 using the onevalefan mobile app

Should have saved their first.

I had the pleasure in watching it on the telebox.

He got a hand to it and it went in off the post.

It was Sunday morning stuff.

Cheers from where I was it just looked like a decent early shot by Kee that went through a player. People were moaning about him for the 2nd but the ball was already out by the time he went up for it hence he just batted away.

I honestly think that we've got far more to worry about than Roos, half the team just doesn't seem good enough. Wilson, Middleton, Kay, Whitfield, Smith 5/10, Pope about the same. Even Worrall had a poor 2nd half but TBH I think that the wrong players are being played and when the right ones are they're in the wrong positions.

I'd agree with much of this, it was Anderson who pulled their 7 back and should have walked. The Pope bit I kind of agree with but today he was pulled all over the place but got nothing at all. Defenders were quite clever about it 2nd half but it was easy to do as the ball was in the air for ages. He had 2 of them tearing his shirt off in the final minutes when we had the corners and were pressing for the equaliser.

Can I ask what Roos did wrong tonight.

Probably should have saved the first, twice backpeddling instead of rushing out (leading to the aforementioned pull back foul), generally poor distribution, and a clear lack of confidence instilled in his slow, ineffective back line.

The tragic thing is is that he's probably no worse than the other two. 18 months ago we had Alnwick and Neal on the books, look at the state of things now.

roos doesnt give confidence and hesitates when his defenders are facing him with the ball and they in turn have someone closing them down, he needs to be more vocal for them to get rid or claim it, didn't he give a needless corner away or was it already out,some have said he should have saved the goal but I couldn't be 100% from my view point

Ball was already out I was in line with it ffs trying to pin some sh@t on him for no reason

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Brilliant summing up Paul,10 games and we are going to non league with the current clowns running our club.

Sent from my SM-T813 using the onevalefan mobile app

Yes it is brilliant summing up. That says it all.

The owner doesn't know what to do now.

He has painted himself into a corner, and no money in his pocket for the club, only for his greedy self. The most poisonous human that

we've seen at Vale Park. He won't sell , because he's too proud , and it would hurt his huge ego. We're in a bad way now, and we're going down as of tonight.

I've tried agitating for weeks, with little traction. People who had the motivation have drifted away. Most of the fans left are those who say "I turn up every week and get behind the lads" and wouldn't dare protest.

I accepted a short while ago that we are well and truly ****** unless the clown in the boardroom does the decent thing. Which he never has done.

Where were you protesting tonight Hagrid?

Probably should have saved the first, twice backpeddling instead of rushing out (leading to the aforementioned pull back foul), generally poor distribution, and a clear lack of confidence instilled in his slow, ineffective back line.

The tragic thing is is that he's probably no worse than the other two. 18 months ago we had Alnwick and Neal on the books, look at the state of things now.

think Hornby is no worse but Roos takes up another loan spot not as though we are missing out by players not in the squad

Cheers from where I was it just looked like a decent early shot by Kee that went through a player. People were moaning about him for the 2nd but the ball was already out by the time he went up for it hence he just batted away.

I honestly think that we've got far more to worry about than Roos, half the team just doesn't seem good enough. Wilson, Middleton, Kay, Whitfield, Smith 5/10, Pope about the same. Even Worrall had a poor 2nd half but TBH I think that the wrong players are being played and when the right ones are they're in the wrong positions.

Problem is that this is our 8th keeper in 9 months.

A goalkeeper is the most important part of a back line. He dictates everything to his defenders as he can see everything.

No wonder we concede every week and the defence don't know whether they are coming or going!

Where were you protesting tonight Hagrid?

Apathetically sitting in the Railway Regal.

I've given up the protest; people don't like the idea of staying away, which is fair enough. I enjoy live football too much to break the habit after I missed FGR and then realised not many had bothered boycotting, but jesus was tonight a struggle.

I know if I said anything in the game I'd get told off and to 'save it for the end'. I don't have the balls to risk the abuse we got in the V2001 days. Shoot me.

Maybe I am to be blamed for not having the guts to start a protest by myself. I've just had enough pal.

Very disappointing comments from you if I'm honest. You're clearly a reasonably intelligent bloke but all you can find to do is belittle fans who have honestly given up fighting for a better Port Vale. Hope you have a good night.

Where we find ourselves you can't keep saying we were unlucky, it's down to poor decisions that the opposition are given opportunities and good players will take them. You cannot keep making poor decisions, let's face it, its all over the pitch... as the old saying goes you make your own luck, by being well organised, playing in good positions when you don't have the ball and most of all giving 100% for each other - we are none of that at present.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I agree with the first part. I think we were unlucky tonight, the same can't be said for many of our previous games. Crewe, Notts Count, FGR etc.

I disagree that we are none of those things. We were the better team tonight. They created very little and but for the width of the post, and the bar, we'd have won the game.

Archived