onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

One problem with this club is the owner. Let's protest together against him. We're all Vale fans together and want the best. Lists get Norman out.

Sent from my E2303 using the onevalefan mobile app

Completely agree, but the disheartening fact is is that fans were worshipping him when he sacked Brown.

"Thanks smurfie, get back involved now, you've learnt from your mistakes".

3200 home fans (I assume that includes any ST's who weren't there). Dead atmosphere. 22nd in the table. And still we can't be arsed to kick off.

Advert

Agree with every word. The only guy at the club with any ounce of decency and integrity with respect for the fans is Steve Speed who is the head groundsman.

The club is rotten from head to toe. But the head and core is Smurfwaite. Time for real protests to take motion

You're forgetting Mick Ede and the academy staff who have provided us with a crop of really promising youngsters who, as far as I can see, do really care about the club.

The whole team are a bunch of jokers! Can't tell you how mad I feel!!! Sick to the back teeth of the place.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Agree;

Keeper - no confidednce whatsoever

Wilson - clearly nowhere near good enough

Smith - a shadow of himself when playing with Kay

Kay - joke of a footballer, it's a disgrace he's captain

Anderson - not so bad but definitely should have been sent off for pulling back their player when through on goal

Denton - head and shoulders man of the match, how Brown chose not to play him week in week out I don't know. His ball in for the sitter Pope missed should have drawn us level.

Whitfield - not a central midfielder

Worrall - not a central midfielder and a disgrace for his actions in the first half

Middleton - a central midfielder but the poorest of an exceptionally weak midfield. Both goals came from failure to deal with second balls by the midfield

Pope - better first half but zero pace and completely knackered second half constantly the wrong side of his man when challenging for balls played into him. Can't believe he missed that chance second half.

Barnett - much the same as Pope, possibly slightly better overall in the air and particularly second half.

Why the chuckle brothers waited to put Turner on then chucked him initially out wide was staggeringly stupid. Those two pillocks must leave now.

At least we played ok and lost instead of playing appallingly and losing. First time I've applauded the players off at home all season.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I agree in isolation it was an improvement we created a lot but lost our way and deserved something out of the game, Worrall and denton were excellent if only we could keep a clean sheet...

Having said that their first and second were caused by our defenders who didn't push out and put pressure on them- the team is so unbalanced as others have said 5 keepers god knows how many wingers yet it takes a young lad in denton out of position to create something- when turner came on Barnett had gone but turner needed to go down the middle with pope and Barnett either side, at times we got to the box and then passed back or tried a sideways pass showing players confidence is low/fragile and scared to take responsibility - we need a strong manager but looking at it MB has been allowed to ruin any small budget he has had less keepers,less wingers should have bought a better midfielder and dare I say it kept streete which his partnership with smith was a shining light last year.

all ***** at moment and I do feel this game was a turning point in our season one way or another sadly we are down a blind alley and the whole club needs a lift from somewhere either a proven good manager or norman selling or both otherwise we are down and out

I really don't know how we didn't win tonight. Best performance of the season so far. If we keep showing that intensity, cut out the stupid mistakes that cost us at the back post every bloody week and start to get the luck, I'm convinced that we will slowly start to crawl our way out of this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Completely agree, but the disheartening fact is is that fans were worshipping him when he sacked Brown.

"Thanks smurfie, get back involved now, you've learnt from your mistakes".

3200 home fans (I assume that includes any ST's who weren't there). Dead atmosphere. 22nd in the table. And still we can't be arsed to kick off.

He's done bugger all for our club. Sweet FA. Let's get him out.

He's done bugger all for our club. Sweet FA. Let's get him out.

I've tried agitating for weeks, with little traction. People who had the motivation have drifted away. Most of the fans left are those who say "I turn up every week and get behind the lads" and wouldn't dare protest.

I accepted a short while ago that we are well and truly ****** unless the clown in the boardroom does the decent thing. Which he never has done.

Imagine not wanting Coleman as manager :laugh: 88 away fans, 1200 home gates, team of nobodies + Billy Kee, sitting in 3rd in the table. What he could do for us. Ah well. He plays dirty football, we don't want him :shutup:

Overall good first 25 poor rest. Keeper isn't very good, shock. Streete made Smith look far better than he is. Denton is our best player. Whitfield should be out wide. Barnett and Pope are the same player except Barnett is better at it. Barnett and Turner I beg. Why was our top scorer on the bench? ADF has made me look an idiot, horrendous finishing. Wilson isn't very good. Kay is worse. Middleton is worst.

I am beginning to see what some posters (santa etc) have been saying about the squad. It isn't good at all. We need someone really good to come and get us winning games again.

I've truly forgotten what it is like to enjoy a Vale game. We've been awful for 18 months and even under the semi-effective Page we weren't very exciting.

Ref was shambolic for both sides; obvious corner for them and I was convinced we should have had a man sent off when their number 10 was through, as Roos was predictably backpeddling. There was no reason for him to dive as he was always winning the footrace, so he's either stupid, slipped, or got fouled.

One other point; the refs don't have a conspiracy against Pope. Its not like they met up at the start of the season and said "I don't like Tom Pope, lets not give him anything". Every week we see Pope the pudding tumble under the slightest contact, and every week the fans are apoplectic and rage about his treatment. There's a reason every referee we've ever had, without fail, has never given a foul against him. Cus they're never fouls. He's terribly soft for a big boy.

Good luck to Accy - good manager and Kee, their number 7, and number 4 were very good. Hope they make the playoffs (again) this year.

I know we don't agree on everything but that is a truly exceptional post with a very balanced perspective.

Imagine not wanting Coleman as manager :laugh: 88 away fans, 1200 home gates, team of nobodies + Billy Kee, sitting in 3rd in the table. What he could do for us. Ah well. He plays dirty football, we don't want him :shutup:

Overall good first 25 poor rest. Keeper isn't very good, shock. Streete made Smith look far better than he is. Denton is our best player. Whitfield should be out wide. Barnett and Pope are the same player except Barnett is better at it. Barnett and Turner I beg. Why was our top scorer on the bench? ADF has made me look an idiot, horrendous finishing. Wilson isn't very good. Kay is worse. Middleton is worst.

I am beginning to see what some posters (santa etc) have been saying about the squad. It isn't good at all. We need someone really good to come and get us winning games again.

I've truly forgotten what it is like to enjoy a Vale game. We've been awful for 18 months and even under the semi-effective Page we weren't very exciting.

Ref was shambolic for both sides; obvious corner for them and I was convinced we should have had a man sent off when their number 10 was through, as Roos was predictably backpeddling. There was no reason for him to dive as he was always winning the footrace, so he's either stupid, slipped, or got fouled.

One other point; the refs don't have a conspiracy against Pope. Its not like they met up at the start of the season and said "I don't like Tom Pope, lets not give him anything". Every week we see Pope the pudding tumble under the slightest contact, and every week the fans are apoplectic and rage about his treatment. There's a reason every referee we've ever had, without fail, has never given a foul against him. Cus they're never fouls. He's terribly soft for a big boy.

Good luck to Accy - good manager and Kee, their number 7, and number 4 were very good. Hope they make the playoffs (again) this year.

I thought that pope had a good game tonight, certainly his best of the season. Disagree about him and Barnet. I think that given games together that they can form a good partnership

Denton, Anderson , Kay, smith , Barnett worked hard enough tonight , pope huffed and puffed with not much else, Wilson needs to go , we hit the bar twice could've been different easily, I agree turner should've been on on 55-60 mins , Whitfield ran his legs off needed taking off

There was an improvement in some areas but like everyone I don't understand top scorer on bench , baffling ADF is **** sorry to say could've been a draw just there desire at times more than ours. Ref was a disgrace for both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I thought that pope had a good game tonight, certainly his best of the season. Disagree about him and Barnet. I think that given games together that they can form a good partnership

Barnett has a terrific leap and first touch on him. He won loads of flick ons and knock downs. Turner would have thrived. Pope just doesn't have the pace for it.

Pope did look a bit better tonight, and worked hard. Just him and Barnett are both men who you can play a ball into and expect it back. Neither of them had the speed or awareness to get in behind. Both can work alongside Turner, which was why it was truly baffling he didn't come on till the 80th minute.

Archived