onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

I've come away a lot more hopeful after watching that.

I think we were the better team and the chances are coming now. Unlucky that Kee buried his shot right in the corner and other than that, and the one defensive lapse they didn't look like scoring.

Yet they scored 2. So a side who didn't look like scoring managed to score 2 i really don't see how there's a positive there. The chances are coming and we have nobody to score them as our top scorer spends 3/4 of the match on the bench.

Advert

"We could do what we wanted in the first 10 minutes because the atmosphere was so flat." I stopped listening half way through because it was too depressing comparing it to the managerial dross we've had to put up with. I'd forgotten what it was like to have someone as a manager who actually knows what he is talking about.

The equation's now very simple - we either get ourselves someone of Coleman's calibre, or it's curtains. Anyone with any real ambition for the club would spend what they had to to get us out of this mess; either that, or sell to someone who could.

I've come away a lot more hopeful after watching that.

I think we were the better team and the chances are coming now. Unlucky that Kee buried his shot right in the corner and other than that, and the one defensive lapse they didn't look like scoring.

Hopeful about what? That we might finish second from bottom instead of bottom? We were dreadful second half.You must have watched a different game to me.

A footballing lesson from the best manager outside the top 2 divisions.

Perhaps all of you doubting fuckwits now realise what we could have had as a manager.

**** off Smurf. You've destroyed our Club.

Succinctly and swearingly summing up my thoughts in 3 sentences. If I was Smurf I wouldn't let JC leave Vale tonight without his signature, paying Accy whatever.

Maybe Morgan can do a job though, or Askey.

Barnett has a terrific leap and first touch on him. He won loads of flick ons and knock downs. Turner would have thrived. Pope just doesn't have the pace for it.

Pope did look a bit better tonight, and worked hard. Just him and Barnett are both men who you can play a ball into and expect it back. Neither of them had the speed or awareness to get in behind. Both can work alongside Turner, which was why it was truly baffling he didn't come on till the 80th minute.

totally agree with turner he should have come on a lot earlier but down the middle ended up playing behind or out wide - having said that he was edge of the box and tried passing it rather than going for goal which is why a new manager of a good level is needed- The baffling thing is we need continuity to make so many changes to me seems crazy - Barnett was knackered after he chased all the way back to his own goal 2nd half he had his hands on his hips struggled to run, denton(who will play at a much higher level comfortably one day) tired you could see it in the cross late but we have no one to take the game by the scruff of the neck suppose a leader and no central midfield why why why could MB see this its all so avoidable and obvious yet a prem league vet couldn't see it ---soo effing depressing

Strange you pick him out when he didn't even start.....

Why is it strange, he's never scored a Lge goal for Vale and never had an assist that I can think of, not even a fr***** assist, despite playing nearly 40 games in midfield, he's symptomatic of the lack of a quality pass/cross at crucial times.

Decent first half. Carved out a few chances and deservedly took the lead. Looked better with the 3-5-2 formation especially Denton on the left. Equaliser was just Kee swinging a boot at it and not sure if Roos should have done better. History suggests he should. Second half was flatter as Accrington took control although our one bit of football in the half nearly made it two. Our usual mess of a goal conceded arrived on the hour and then the problems really started. Why we insist on lumping it forward for forty yards I'll never know especially after the promise of the first half. This wasn't helped at all by us changing to 4-3-3 and strangely abandoning what had brought us success. I still believe we have enough to stay up but it's going to be a long long winter and we are desperate for an experienced manager to be appointed.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the onevalefan mobile app

No real shock, was on the cards with 4 changes and the fact we cannot keep a clean sheet. They are flying High, what else did we all expect????

That goal keeper needs sending back tomorrow and we should ask for a 3 point refund!!! Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Spot on, that keeper has cost us important points in 2 games,!

Sent from my SM-T813 using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived