onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I wonder if Rob Page would come back as manager with Micky Adams as D of F guiding him ? Worked well enough before...

Maybe 'someone' could be persuaded to get a job as owner of Pyongyang United, who would pay Vale compensation.

Rob Page is managing Wales U21 team and would be silly to give that up to come to Vale. Think I might apply Bea. Would do the job for half Browns wages and win more games. Definitely do a better job than Ryan Burge.Whoever Norman appoints will be the cheapest option .Still shopping in Poundland.

Bit of a gap appearing in the betting market now - Horton at 15/8, Adams drifted out to 4/1 (though we know he's more likely DoF rather than manager), but further out is Ronnie Moore at 12/1.

Odds pretty much mean nothing as it's impossible to second-guess Smurthwaite's next move!

Norman could bet a few bob on who the new manager is and use his winnings to pay a decent manager.

Westley is the sort of character that I can see Norm being taken in by.

Do you mean he is full of bull****?

Very self opinionated and arrogant by any chance.

I'm sure Westley is none of those.

On a serious note whilst I'm 100% certain Brown had to go, I'm not so sure Norman will do the right thing. We can only hope that garlick and Fradley may 'level-up' the field so to speak.

Bottom line is we have a mish-mash of 34/ 35 players consisting of crocks/ has beens and inexperienced young lads running around like headless chickens.

Do we have any league 2 nous apart from Tom Pope and Adam Yates?

I feel a Brian Horton character is needed short-term

I would quite like us to win or even score away from home occasionally.

Agreed - that would be nice. But not scoring many away from home in the top half of League One is highly preferable to not scoring many either at home or away at the bottom of League two.

Of course, the only way Rob Page would come back would be if ownership changed, but the thought of an Adams/Page return is a pleasant one. Especially if new owners gave him a decent budget and didn't sign their own failures like Hooper and others.

Rob Page is managing Wales U21 team and would be silly to give that up to come to Vale. Think I might apply Bea. Would do the job for half Browns wages and win more games. Definitely do a better job than Ryan Burge.Whoever Norman appoints will be the cheapest option .Still shopping in Poundland.

My dog would do a better job than Ryan Burge. You are right that he is, and always will be, still shopping in Poundland, though perhaps we both ought to be careful that that retail outlet does not sue us for tarnishing their reputation.

My MA as D of F / Rob Page as manager suggestion was never one that I seriously thought had a chance of coming to fruition, and was partially to remind those who blasted Page to 'be careful what you wish for'. I liked Page as a person, and still think he will go on to manage a very decent club at some time in the future.

As for you applying, well why not - but it would be a touch ironic if I ended up coming on here demanding your removal if you didn't get the right results, don't you think?:smile:

Norman faced with the usual parade of failed managers and misfit wannabees will surely drop a clanger and appoint some useless prique who would see us relegated if left to his own devices, he needs someone with footballing nous to guide him adams Horton rudge or someone of that ilk and I don't mean that so called agent come ironmonger who guided him to Bruno and that shower of overseas street cleaners we had dumped on us.

Perhaps he will meet a few like-minded people and have someone to go for a drink with then.

Do you mean he is full of bull****?

Very self opinionated and arrogant by any chance.

I'm sure Westley is none of those.

On a serious note whilst I'm 100% certain Brown had to go, I'm not so sure Norman will do the right thing. We can only hope that garlick and Fradley may 'level-up' the field so to speak.

Bottom line is we have a mish-mash of 34/ 35 players consisting of crocks/ has beens and inexperienced young lads running around like headless chickens.

Do we have any league 2 nous apart from Tom Pope and Adam Yates?

I feel a Brian Horton character is needed short-term

Not so sure that Norman will do the right thing? 100% he won't unless he sells up!

Archived