onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

I was aware of much of that but whoever Vale appoint is gonna have some baggage. When managing Burnley and Bolton Owen Coyle together with Phil brown seemed to be the brightest young British managers around but Coyles's career career in particular seems to have gone downhill from those days but there must be still something left in there. He probably wouldn't come to vale though but if he did at least Vale were ambitious and aimed high.

This is a scarey time for Vale, we've got to get it right.

His win record since he left Burnley in 2010 has just gone one way = progressively worse!

Norman has denied it now and on all fairness he probably wants to correct his mistakes.

The man is a proven pathological liar.

I'll give you one example amongst dozens of others.

The man came on local radio a few days before Christmas stating that Bruno Ribeiro had the Walsall game and Chesterfield game and would not be sacked during this period and if his promises about players weren't forthcoming early January then he may have to reconsider his position.

We all know how that went.

More fool you and others who continue to believe what he says or writes.

The man is a proven pathological liar.

I'll give you one example amongst dozens of others.

The man came on local radio a few days before Christmas stating that Bruno Ribeiro had the Walsall game and Chesterfield game and would not be sacked during this period and if his promises about players weren't forthcoming early January then he may have to reconsider his position.

We all know how that went.

More fool you and others who continue to believe what he says or writes.

Bruno resigned.

There are lots of other true stories you can slate the owner with though.

We will agree to differ on opinion.

As an aside football is clearly full of pathological liars from the players appealing for decisions they know are not theirs through to directors giving votes of confidence to managers they know they are going to bin off all the way through to governing bodies like the FA and FIFA where corruption is rife.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

We will agree to differ on opinion.

As an aside football is clearly full of pathological liars from the players appealing for decisions they know are not theirs through to directors giving votes of confidence to managers they know they are going to bin off all the way through to governing bodies like the FA and FIFA where corruption is rife.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Absolutely.

I just wish our owner could remember what lies he told when he decides to bring up the points again!

Today he's ruled out Askey and says he hasn't been approached.

Let's see how that unfolds.

We must be the only club who takes weeks to replace a manager,happened when Page left and when Bruno left(how lont it took before Brown was permanent)

Beacause we are reactive instead of proactive. You would think that even before a manager is sacked that the club would have an idea of who they would like to take over.

You are Graham Westley and I claim my £5 reward.

I used to be Mrs Lee Sinnott, but that's a few years ago so I'm not surprised I've been forgotten. I'm sure I'm still remembered by some on the P.N.E. messageboard for my unstinting support of Westley. There was one bloke on there would have throttled me if he could have swum through the internet.

I still think being called "RODGERITE" on Reading's HBNA was one I can claim in defence. They wanted Brendan out and I argued to give him more time. Sometimes I back a winner and sometimes I stick up for a comparative dud.

Of the names that have been mentioned Chris Powell stands out. But he is also linked with Gillingham; surely a more attractive proposition, geographically apart from anything else. The favourite for the Gills job is Norberto Solano, a real left-field choice.

It seems everybody has a different opinion on who they do/don't want as manager, so in what order would you put those linked/mentioned, 1 being your favourite and 10 least favourite:-

1.Billy Davies

2.Martin Allen

3.Chris Powell

4.Gareth Ainsworth

5.Neil Aspin

6.Brian Horton

7.John Askey

8.Ronnie Moore

9.Graham Westley

10.Chris Morgan/David Kelly

Have left Adams off the list as don't think he would come back as manager.

What order would you put those 10 in?

Archived