onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Heard this may be the case, maybe he thought he was watching a lost cause on Sat? Or doesn't think it's worth the hassle?

One combination you surely won't be seeing is Adams / Horton .

The reason being that Adams will do a short-term consultancy of a few weeks at most, maybe less, and Horton will be appointed manager very shortly, just paying lip service to Adams recommendations which will mostly be which players to keep, and things like sponsorship and organisation (remember he got us the shirt/sponsor deal when Smurf messed up before).

You heard it here first.

ps This is not my preference, I'd like Powell.

Advert

The reason being that Adams will do a short-term consultancy of a few weeks at most, maybe less, and Horton will be appointed manager very shortly, just paying lip service to Adams recommendations which will mostly be which players to keep, and things like sponsorship and organisation (remember he got us the shirt/sponsor deal when Smurf messed up before).

You heard it here first.

ps This is not my preference, I'd like Powell.

Yeah, that wouldn't be the end of the world when compared to some of the rumours around, but still not ideal. Would prefer Adams over Horton as manager anyway, but Powell would be good in my eyes.

Easy to appoint someone but not easy to appoint the right person.

Micky Adams is the most successful recent manager at PVFC, therefore look for an equivalent who has a similar experience/record ie some success/gained promo/managed in the EPL. I can think of only two, Nigel Adkins and Owen Coyle, the former reputedly won't come to Vale so sound out the latter, he'd be a "Figurehaead" appointment if he would come to vale, would he be successful.....who knows.

Coyle managed the Houston Dynamo 2014-16, and it was poor fare to watch for the fans.

Granted, the team was poor enough itself, as many of them are here, but he had one up front and lumping it. The style never changed in 2 years , Dynamo finished bottom half , and average home attendances dropped from an average of 19,000 to 14,000

He left by mutual agreement in 2016 .

Loads of rumours flying around, Facebook is mad, somebody saying they've heard an Italian might be coming in, apparently Adams doesn't want it, Sky reporting Westley/Horton, but to be honest none of the information I've heard so far is filling me with any confidence, regardless of if true or not.

I wish we'd have some positive rumours for once, instead of what seems like the full list of managers nobody else wants being linked to us. It's like picking from the bargain bin of DVDs at a petrol station.

Ravanelli ?

All this talk about old manager coming back. What about thus guy? Great win %. Perhaps the Blue ******** could have chat with him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Morgan_(footballer)

Listen Norm, we've had enough disappointment to last us a lifetime, which the next appointment obviously is going to be. So do us all a favour, appoint the manager in the next few days so we can all get on with our lives. Powell? Adkins? Davies? Allen? What were we thinking? No ambition, no fight and soon no league status. What a sorry state of affairs our club is in.

Micky changed his?

Heard this may be the case, maybe he thought he was watching a lost cause on Sat? Or doesn't think it's worth the hassle

The reason being that Adams will do a short-term consultancy of a few weeks at most, maybe less...

Radio Stoke played a snippet at lunch-time of an interview with Adams, with him saying there's no chance of him taking the manager's job, but if required, he might just take charge for a couple of games, until a new manager is appointed.

They said there will be more of the interview on the Sports show at 6pm.

I would sooner have Martin Allen over Westley,Horton and Adams tbh

There are plenty I DONT want, and only a few of the names that sound acceptable, but whoever it is deserves a chance and some support and not to be judged before they even start by know-all cheap posters who haven't a clue. No reflection on your post Werestayinup as in my own order of preference Allen would be above Horton and Westley too, but whoever we get needs support from the fans.

MA isn't going to be manager and is just going to do a short stint - I have a feeling that when he said he would help Vale the tightbum thought it might be for free, then perhaps MA explained that he runs a football consultancy and there would be a chatge - I maybe wrong but I would imagine some silver feathers flying at that.:laugh:

Archived