Robbie Earle's Perm

Next Manager

It's becoming blatantly obvious that Norman isn't going to appoint anyone decent (Ainsworth/Powell)

It's going to have to be someone who is just "the best of a bad bunch" like a Sheridan or a Martin Allen.

It's annoying yet again as the right manager would bring all the fans together again and give us some much needed optimism.

Multiple promotions and won the L2 title last year?

Are you dumb? I'd give him a 5 year deal tonight.

No, I am not dumb and no need for that, I have maybe considered the context of his 'successes' more than you think.

When he has done well, it has been with the backing of easy-spend boards, who backed him to the hilt with lots of money. I'm sure I don't need to say any more about why that would not be the case here.

You also omit his two relegations and disastrous spell at Preston North End, where I am told he was despised, and they were very glad to see the back of him.

Certain managers are made for one club where they will be legends, but cannot change clubs easily - Coleman at Accrington, Ferguson at Peterboro and there are many others.

It's becoming blatantly obvious that Norman isn't going to appoint anyone decent (Ainsworth/Powell)

It's going to have to be someone who is just "the best of a bad bunch" like a Sheridan or a Martin Allen.

It's annoying yet again as the right manager would bring all the fans together again and give us some much needed optimism.

That looks like its going to be the case.

How can he not understand the importance of this appointment?

Of course its a wind up,Baker hates Vale with a passion

I see Mad dog Allen odds on the slide,so its Bell,Ince and Allen at the moment...for me we could do a lot worse than those,i mean would anyone have Westley over them for starters

I would take my 13 year old son as manager over Westley!

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

No, I am not dumb and no need for that, I have maybe considered the context of his 'successes' more than you think.

When he has done well, it has been with the backing of easy-spend boards, who backed him to the hilt with lots of money. I'm sure I don't need to say any more about why that would not be the case here.

You also omit his two relegations and disastrous spell at Preston North End, where I am told he was despised, and they were very glad to see the back of him.

Certain managers are made for one club where they will be legends, but cannot change clubs easily - Coleman at Accrington, Ferguson at Peterboro and there are many others.

You're right, there wasn't any need for that. I apologise.

I'm just getting very, very frustrated at this whole situation. We should not be in this position at all.

It's also frustrating to see lots of Vale fans saying "no" to everyone without providing a name of their own. Equally as crazy as the people who thought Nigel Pearson would come here.

I'm really fearful of ending up in the conference.

You're right, there wasn't any need for that. I apologise.

I'm just getting very, very frustrated at this whole situation. We should not be in this position at all.

It's also frustrating to see lots of Vale fans saying "no" to everyone without providing a name of their own. Equally as crazy as the people who thought Nigel Pearson would come here.

I'm really fearful of ending up in the conference.

I fear so too, but more because of the owner than whoever might become manager. It's the lack of backing any incoming manager might get that is a worry.

For my part, I named Nigel Pearson as the sort of no-nonsense manager we could do with, but never ever thought he would come here - he wouldn't work for the peanuts on offer and if we are honest deserves to be managing a club no lower than the Championship.

Whoever comes will be slated by some, there are people like REP who have already lined up scapegoat lists and started hate campaigns against Morgan and Kelly (not that I want them).

There are a few I don't want, but as I said before, we have to get behind whoever is chosen and not listen to a few septic posters whose ego is more important to them than the clubs' welfare.

He obviously doesn't if its true that the salarys have been laughed at, which could be just a rumour.

But a rumour from 2 different unconnected sources who do not know each other, which gives it more legs than some of what we have had posted.

I wouldn't count on that judging by some of the comments on this thread

But a rumour from 2 different unconnected sources who do not know each other, which gives it more legs than some of what we have had posted.

Thats the thing its believable as well so thats a major issue. And woukd explain why it takes so long get a manager. They are all tur ing it down. We end up with a cheap option.

Unfortunately now we are competing with other clubs who have sacked there managers the chances of getting someone half decent will prove more difficult just saying

Sent from my SM-G950F using the onevalefan mobile app

Jack Lester going centerfield...not sure he would have been on short list

Apart from the obvious link with MA why would the club consider Jimmy Bell just don't get it

Sent from my SM-G950F using the onevalefan mobile app

From the better posters on here, they seem to like the idea. Seems he's well thought of and probably and let's face it the most important factor CHEAP! Ay Normy Penny pincher.