onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

Robbie Earle's Perm

Westley is a scumbag.

I don't think he's that high,in most people's estimation.

If Powell has applied,no contest.He's spent most of his career playing/coaching at a much better level.If Adams doesn't want the D of F job,I wouldn't be dissapointed if Nobby was brought in for that role.

Advert

Powell all the way for me.

As for the DoF, I'd rather it be someone who isn't afraid to turn the club inside out. I know we need to ensure safety this season and we've gone through a lot of change recently but I do get the feeling that the club needs sorting out from top to bottom and I'm not sure if Adams is the right man to do that,

Powell would be perfect for Port Vale... young enough, experienced though and surely a good fit with MA as director of football to be a long term manager. We don't want a quick fix and to be trying to rebuild yet again the summer. Someone like when MA came in the first time to start an upward trajectory back up the divisions.

If looking for a long term stable plan for the clubs future on the field Powell is simply the best choice.

Askey, Westley, Sheridan - we are scraping the bottom of the barrel when we conjure with these names. We should be able to attract some of the brightest names among lower league managers, like Powell, Cotterill, Allen, Coleman and Ainsworth so that we can survive this season and then get out of L2. That calls for a strong, experienced, battle-hardened manager who knows how to get out of, and stay out of trouble.

Is this really so difficult?

Easy to appoint someone but not easy to appoint the right person.

Micky Adams is the most successful recent manager at PVFC, therefore look for an equivalent who has a similar experience/record ie some success/gained promo/managed in the EPL. I can think of only two, Nigel Adkins and Owen Coyle, the former reputedly won't come to Vale so sound out the latter, he'd be a "Figurehaead" appointment if he would come to vale, would he be successful.....who knows.

Loads of rumours flying around, Facebook is mad, somebody saying they've heard an Italian might be coming in, apparently Adams doesn't want it, Sky reporting Westley/Horton, but to be honest none of the information I've heard so far is filling me with any confidence, regardless of if true or not.

I wish we'd have some positive rumours for once, instead of what seems like the full list of managers nobody else wants being linked to us. It's like picking from the bargain bin of DVDs at a petrol station.

Archived