Robbie Earle's Perm

Next Manager

He obviously doesn't if its true that the salarys have been laughed at, which could be just a rumour.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys. pretty much sums up all of the appointments Smurf has ever made.

By the look,of the bookies, it’s going to be Bell. Excuse my ignorance but what positives can we expect from him? I really don’t know much about the bloke.

Some interesting names appearing in the betting. Paul Ince now favourite!!

Prefer not, thank you - hasn't managed a club since 2013-14. Tried to find his win ratio on wiki but there are no stats available.

Why wouldnt aspin be better than the likes of askey, bell or ince? People seem to be against it oddly Because he is ex port vale.

I'd take him given some of the names being mentioned, just don't want another of my hero's reputations to be destroyed.

Still love Deano though and I'd definitely take 18th in league 2 where he had us! Heady days

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I'd take him given some of the names being mentioned, just don't want another of my hero's reputations to be destroyed.

Still love Deano though and I'd definitely take 18th in league 2 where he had us! Heady days

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I know what you mean. I loved Aspo. I just think he would be a good option even if not ex vale.

Bell i have no idea about. He is quite old for someone who has never managed though? Ince would be a terrible appointment though.

Edited by Andyregs

An alternative view taken from the Macc Forum:

"If I were the Vale owner, which thankfully I'm not, then Askey is the one I would go for.

As a matter of historical accuracy Askey has managed in the league, at Macclesfield in 2003-04 between the tenures of Moss and Horton. He can manage to put together a team on a budget, he is loyal, he has family connections to the Vale, he started his career there, he lives locally, his sides play attractive football, he can find good players and sell them on upwards and he has been a successful relegation scrap before admittedly with Horton in charge.

Askey was probably plunged into the deep end too early at Macc having just finished his playing career and the team he had to manage consisted of his old team mates which might have made it difficult for him to exert his authority.

The thing which is against Askey is that the Vale fans don't want him. More fool them, I say."

Well, if those are the criteria on which we're going to evaluate our next manager then no wonder we're in trouble. We are joint bottom of the entire football league and we need to do better than take a chance with a manager who, other than a few months, has NEVER managed in the league at any level. It is going to take everything an experienced league manager has got to pull us out of this mess let alone someone who would be cutting his teeth on it.

How are the mighty fallen.

From the better posters on here, they seem to like the idea. Seems he's well thought of and probably and let's face it the most important factor CHEAP! Ay Normy Penny pincher.
Experienced in relegation battles at Accrington, who currently have a squad of 30 including 8 on loan (familiar?), but like Coleman attached to the club. Maybe he fancies being the boss, but Vale are far different owner wise.

Experienced in relegation battles at Accrington, who currently have a squad of 30 including 8 on loan (familiar?), but like Coleman attached to the club. Maybe he fancies being the boss, but Vale are far different owner wise.

He's worked under the owner for 6 months and he's also worked under Adams and spoke very positively about the club (he didn't need to).

Can't seem to find the current odds on my phones browser on the usual pages. Can see Oldham and gills but not vale. Am I missing something or has something changed?

Can't seem to find the current odds on my phones browser on the usual pages. Can see Oldham and gills but not vale. Am I missing something or has something changed?
Ince still fav on Sack race