onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Luton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

writing this game off, not expecting to get anything, Saturday is the game for me if we cant score against a side that has conceded at least 2 goals in EVERY game this season it really will be time to give up, GOT to be browns last chance.

Cut him some slack....it just shows how bad things have got and how desperate some fans are to see change instigated. A win is great cos it's 3 points but if MB isn't the man then a win might just postpone what is needed until it's too late. I never want Vale to lose but I can sympathise with the motive behind the post being wanting what's right for Vale's future..short term pain for long term gain.

With all respect Johnny, I would never want the Vale to lose. I see your point though. UTV

I would never want Vale lose .

What if we could have got promotion and missed out by 3 points because the players did not want to play v Luton tonight for Brown.

It would be a major miracle if we did win as u just know he will set up for a 0-0 as he does every game this calendar year.

Ive nothing positive say about him and his team as they rarely if ever give me reason to believe they are any better than mediocre .

Its about time they went for it in a game not spent all game huffing and puffing and giving the opposition a goal they did not work hard to get.

Id change the whole back four as they obviously r not trusted by the midfield to do there jobs .

So a set up like this

Hornby

Wilson Anderson Gunning Denton

Tonge Worrall ©

Whitfield Harness Defrietas

Turner

Yes a big risk playing turner up front on his own but maybe a more mobile lad can at least run in behind all game and hopefully come up trumps .

That defence looks strong mobile and has good distribution in it .

The players who r omitted havent done the business so they can be put on bench and maybe that will fire they up so they play toa acceptable level.

I dread to think what this could end up as tonight.

Really hoping I'm wrong but their strike force, for league 2, is frightening.

Yes, Swindon turned them over but we aren't Swindon. We are the worst team in the football league and I can't see anything other than an absolute mauling and even more uproar on social media in the aftermath.

Yes, Swindon turned them over but we aren't Swindon. We are the worst team in the football league and I can't see anything other than an absolute mauling and even more uproar on social media in the aftermath.

You say that but they have only won once more than us and take out the crazy first game they had haven't exactly been scoring bucket loads.

They may well paste us on the night but isn't a foregone conclusion as we have only conceded 3 in 4 ourselves and haven't been under the cosh in any game since Wycombe. Reasoning for this is that we are so negative though so will probably lose 1-0.

I can see him keeping the same back 4 tonight, despite the players at full back offering nothing going forward. Not sure what he will do in midfield though, I assume Tonge is still banned. I'd prefer us to stay with 2 up front TBH.

-----------Hornby--------------

Davis -- Smith -- Kay -- Gunning

Whitfield -- Worral -- ADF -- Harness

-------Turner---Barnett---------

No idea what formation we'll go with and I think Brown doesn't know his best one either so he could tweak it and go with other variations, but you're relying on the midfielders getting closer to Barnett.

-----------Hornby--------------

--------Worral----Middleton-----

Turner-------Whitfield------Harness

-------------Barnett--------------

I can see him keeping the same back 4 tonight, despite the players at full back offering nothing going forward. Not sure what he will do in midfield though, I assume Tonge is still banned. I'd prefer us to stay with 2 up front TBH.

-Hornby-

Whitfield -- Worral -- ADF -- Harness

Turner -- Barnett

No idea what formation we'll go with and I think Brown doesn't know his best one either so he could tweak it and go with other variations, but you're relying on the midfielders getting closer to Barnett.

-Hornby-

-Worral -- Middleton-

Turner Whitfield Harness

-Barnett-

And this is what annoys me most about Brown. We've been crying out for decent full backs for years, he brings them in, then still persists with playing average CB's out of position.:doh:

That's right but it's not just their strike force. Just before the transfer deadline, they signed Luke Berry for an undisclosed fee from Cambridge United. Cambridge's fans were less than pleased because Berry scored 22 goals from midfield last season. He will be a major threat - just the sort of player we should be going for if we had any real aspiration to get out of L2.

Not looking forward to tonight very much...

Speaking of not knowing our best formation its interesting to note how many prem teams playing with wing backs these days. Dare I say it, but my Stoke mates are very impressed with their formation and how it works. I wouldn't rule our squad out of being able to be adapted to that, but more often than not premier league teams don't always play with 2 out and out strikers like a lot of lower league teams seem to.

Easily a 2/3 nil defeat.

Not seen the players this year but going on others I can't work out if:

A) Players aren't good enough to play the way Brown wants. ie defenders losing concentration, full backs not getting up to support, wingers unable to beat player and deliver good balls, midfielders not creating chances and forwards not finishing.

B) Players are good enough but don't want to play for Brown

C) Players are good enough & want to play for Brown but tactics are awful.

Maybe a combination of the above but I can't see how any scenario doesn't boil down to Michael Brown. They're his players.

I hold Smurthwaite responsible overall and will never forget what he's done to the club but after tonight Brown must go, regardless of the result.

If I was a sales manager and recruited a new sales team who didn't perform for 6 weeks, I'd be out on my ear. Time is of the essence in our situation. One thing you're not given in football is time.

Had our performances been good, you could argue for more time but awful results with mainly awful performances mean one thing imo.

Archived