Fosse69

Matchday Thread: Luton Town v Port Vale

It is said that the darkest hour is just before the dawn, but what does this game hold for us apart from the floodlights to brighten the gloom. Not much time for injuries to recover or tactics to change.

I think this game holds a 3-0 defeat at least.

I think Brown will be ultra negative trying to get a point, we concede the first, game over

The trouble is it hasn't worked before.

Injured: Lainton (ankle), Pugh (knee), Montaño (hamstring), Forrester (thigh), Pyke (hamstring), Knops (knee)

Not fully fit: Barnett (recovering from hamstring injury)

Suspended: Tonge

It is said that the darkest hour is just before the dawn, but what does this game hold for us apart from the floodlights to brighten the gloom. Not much time for injuries to recover or tactics to change.

Luton was never a good place to go for vale bak in the day when we had a proper club with a proper owner and manager and players so it's definitely a chance to consolidate the bottom of the league spot !!

If Pope plays it will be "anything - Nil". The main problem is that for some reason he is undropable even though he can't score. When you have a centre forward who can't run, can't shoot, can't find space and can't command centre halfs without jumping into them you have to wonder what attribute he does have. His famed prowess at heading all leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. Some say without service he cant do any thing - yes that is exactly right but the same few blame every other position when things don't go right. Put it on Pope's head and he will score they all cry - well a few times they have and he didn't. Dan Turner is not the solution the Pope Fans say - but he has two more goals than Tom, can run and is learning from his mistakes while Tom is just basking in the memory of his 30 goal season. Tom was a great player for us in the promotion season but he is well past that peak and so predictable. Brown biggest problem is constantly changing the formation and personnel with addressing the one thing that hasn't changed - Tom as centre forward. If we do go down this year it will be with a 100% Vale fan leading the attack who couldn't currently hit a cows arse with a banjo. Oh but we can't say anything against him not doing his job - because he is one of us isn't he . It brought home to me how poor Tom is at present when I saw him in Richard Duffy's pocket.

If Pope plays it will be "anything - Nil". The main problem is that for some reason he is undropable even though he can't score. When you have a centre forward who can't run, can't shoot, can't find space and can't command centre halfs without jumping into them you have to wonder what attribute he does have. His famed prowess at heading all leaves a lot to be desired at the moment. Some say without service he cant do any thing - yes that is exactly right but the same few blame every other position when things don't go right. Put it on Pope's head and he will score they all cry - well a few times they have and he didn't. Dan Turner is not the solution the Pope Fans say - but he has two more goals than Tom, can run and is learning from his mistakes while Tom is just basking in the memory of his 30 goal season. Tom was a great player for us in the promotion season but he is well past that peak and so predictable. Brown biggest problem is constantly changing the formation and personnel with addressing the one thing that hasn't changed - Tom as centre forward. If we do go down this year it will be with a 100% Vale fan leading the attack who couldn't currently hit a cows arse with a banjo. Oh but we can't say anything against him not doing his job - because he is one of us isn't he . It brought home to me how poor Tom is at present when I saw him in Richard Duffy's pocket.

I said when we signed him we would be lucky to get 10 goals this season out of him and the Pope fans would blame lack of service. I have changed my mind a bit, I think we will be lucky to get 1 goal out of him.

I said when we signed him we would be lucky to get 10 goals this season out of him and the Pope fans would blame lack of service. I have changed my mind a bit, I think we will be lucky to get 1 goal out of him.

At the moment we're feeding him and he's bringing it straight back up.

He was past it when he left us and his numbers reflect that since his glorious season where he got himself fit and Adams found a perfect system for him.

He like most of the experienced players have been garbage, personally I don't think he looks anywhere near fit though it could be his ambling running style.

I might get absolutely slated for this but am man enough to accept it.

As a loyal diehard I can't believe I am about to say this

But.....does anyone agree these narrow 1-0 ' unlucky ' defeats are playing a part in Browns droning after each game.

Maybe a proper hiding 5-0 would mean action has to be taken NOW.

Can't keep hiding behind excuses after excuses. We hit woodwork twice and wonder save in injury time but let's not kid the fans Brown 400 odd were there and it was disgraceful garbage AGAIN

Agree with that aside from dig at Duffy, who would be a decent player at centre back.

Tom also takes credit for influencing Lainton and Kay to sign, so is playing a 'starring' role in our glorious season so far!

Was poor when he left, and was one of Smurfs best decisions in sticking to his guns then, poor when he played against us for Bury, and God damn awful this season! It can't always be everybody else's fault that it's not going for him - Bury were desperate to get rid just 12 months into a 3 year contract,