onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale chairman backs Michael Brown’s transfer plans

News Feed

Newly installed Port Vale chairman Tony Fradley has told the Sentinel newspaper that Michael Brown will act decisively in the transfer market. Fradley told the newspaper: “Michael Brown is a person who really wants to get on with it. He seems to have irons in the fire and when people press the button then he […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

Rather an odd statement to make when we haven't yet signed any players, Pope apart.

Trying to drum up support with very little substance. Let us know Tony when you have something tangible to offer us, apart from nice platitudes.

Smurfs puppets trying to drum up support for the pathetic efforts of Michael Brown who doesn't seem capable of getting players to commit.All this rubbish about announcing signings hasn't happened and is just making matters worse.

Even the easy ones like Bikey and Eagles havnt happened.

We need 15 to 16 decent players

I am fairly relaxed about the lack of signings so far, and I am happy with Michael Brown as our manager, he needs a full season and I am right behind him. I think Colin Garlick talks sound common sense and he has a decent track record at Rochdale. So far as CEO he has been sound.

However the completely empty statement by our puppet chairman just irritated me. We all know that he is chairman in name only, I know he is trying his best and good luck to him but I think he needs to temper his enthusiasm with sound judgement. His voice has no authority, better by far for him to remain silent I think.

Smurfs puppets trying to drum up support for the pathetic efforts of Michael Brown who doesn't seem capable of getting players to commit.All this rubbish about announcing signings hasn't happened and is just making matters worse.

Even the easy ones like Bikey and Eagles havnt happened.

We need 15 to 16 decent players

I agree that this is non-statement with no substance, but I don't think you should be going into meltdown like you seem to be doing quite so soon.

The 'pathetic efforts' of our manager seems a particularly harsh comment in early June, late August maybe but we've got two months yet, don't wet the bed like.

And what makes Bikey and Eagles easier to sign? They've been offered deals, what more do you want?

I agree that this is non-statement with no substance, but I don't think you should be going into meltdown like you seem to be doing quite so soon.

The 'pathetic efforts' of our manager seems a particularly harsh comment in early June, late August maybe but we've got two months yet, don't wet the bed like.

And what makes Bikey and Eagles easier to sign? They've been offered deals, what more do you want?

Probably upset about the election:laugh:

All the Activity after the season ticket deadline has expired

Agree - quite bizarre

Think they would be better at keeping the season ticket deal on going as some I'm sure are waiting to see what the squad will look like before committing.

Also eagles and bikey have had offers and are sitting looking at their options which is fair enough but if we wait until they tell us yes or no it could be too late to sign any 2nd choice options-would be better to offer them a deal but put a timeline on it for them to commit otherwise their reserved place will be up for grabs as we look elsewhere- It is a concern we cant convince some of last years wanted players to commit to us early.

There is a more elongated piece on the Sentinel website.

Fradley says' Brown is looking at players who are hard working and willing to play through injury if necessary ' .

After the criticism from Brown of fitness under Bruno i am sure we are not going to be blighted with as many injuries this year.

Seems a bizarre thing to say as that is what a squad and subs bench is for. I get the general gist that he wants 100 % commitment but that should be a given for pulling on the shirt.

I would rather we went for a smaller squad with better quality and hope that Brown is a genius in pre-season given all his side swipes about the lack of fitness contributing to all our injuries.

I am fairly relaxed about the lack of signings so far, and I am happy with Michael Brown as our manager, he needs a full season and I am right behind him. I think Colin Garlick talks sound common sense and he has a decent track record at Rochdale. So far as CEO he has been sound.

However the completely empty statement by our puppet chairman just irritated me. We all know that he is chairman in name only, I know he is trying his best and good luck to him but I think he needs to temper his enthusiasm with sound judgement. His voice has no authority, better by far for him to remain silent I think.

Better to remain silent when people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Has Fradley properly taken over as chairman yet?

I don't think he ever will, for me this is and always was a publicity stunt to deflect the doo doo after relegation. Ask a question, is Smurf still moving around in the club circles, I believe the answer is yes, can Fradley make any decisions without checking with Smurf, I guess the answer is....oh hold on I need to call a friend.

Archived