onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices/Sales

Just out of interest the average home support last season was 4046 in average gates of 4813

23 homes 110,706 crowds

away fans 17,645 ( only boosted by last 2 games )

So we literally had approx 500 people paying on the day .

Not sure if thats right though because not every ST holder goes to every game. So if for a game 3046 ST holders turn up there would be 1000 pay on the day.

Advert

There is a problem with that argument in that the Rochdale, Burton and Fleetwood stadia will cost far less to run than VP.

I don't get this vp costs more to run, obviously a bigger stadium will cost more to build but once you've got the stadium it should be more or less the same, it's not like there's extra heating costs, there's still only 4 floodlights to power, yes we've got a bigger club shop to heat and light but wouldn't mind betting our shop takes in more revenue than the 3 you mention.

I don't et this vp costs more to run, obviously a bigger stadium will cost more to build but once you've got the stadium it should be more or less the same, it's not like there's extra heating costs, there's still only 4 floodlights to power, yes we've got a bigger club shop to heat and light but wouldn't mind betting our shop takes in more revenue than the 3 you mention.

And I'd love to know just exactly where that Club shop money goes.

That's another topic.

If people genuinely can't afford then that's that, I've been skint myself when the kids were young so I know where you're coming from.

But to say I can't find that sort of money in two weeks?

The season tickets go on sale at the same time every year so it's not suddenly been sprung on us, bit like Christmas Day is 25 Dec every year.

We have the same comments every year Conrad. If someone puts a fiver up every week from June 1st , that nearly pays for the ST. Folk don't seem to have a problem spending a fortune going to away games! Of course if you cannot afford the fiver a week, and i know some people just can't, thats a different matter,it must be terrible to be that close to going under. But for most, it's a couple of fags a day less or a pint and a half less on a night out, perhaps no late night take away etc. No offence meant to anyone with this post, its just that like Conrad says this same conversation comes up at this time every year.

That's another topic.

I know we'd all like the profits to go back into the club and maybe they do, I would assume they do, but as the sole owner of the club Norman would be perfectly entitled to pocket the profits just as the owner of any business is entitled to. Not saying he is doing, but would be entitled to.

I know we'd all like the profits to go back into the club and maybe they do, I would assume they do, but as the sole owner of the club Norman would be perfectly entitled to pocket the profits just as the owner of any bus's Ines is entitled to. Not saying he is doing, but would be entitled to.

Absolutely and I'm sure he pockets the lot.

I will still travel over next season for games, so I wouldn't buy a season ticket anyway but there is no way I will buy any merchandise whilst he is still here.

I don't get this vp costs more to run, obviously a bigger stadium will cost more to build but once you've got the stadium it should be more or less the same, it's not like there's extra heating costs, there's still only 4 floodlights to power, yes we've got a bigger club shop to heat and light but wouldn't mind betting our shop takes in more revenue than the 3 you mention.

Must do. The ground value will be far greater for a start , leading to higher rates, water rates , insurance for a start. Far bigger stands and concourses therefore electric will be higher. Higher policing and stewarding costs. Higher maintenance costs. Need I go on?

I know we'd all like the profits to go back into the club and maybe they do, I would assume they do, but as the sole owner of the club Norman would be perfectly entitled to pocket the profits just as the owner of any business is entitled to. Not saying he is doing, but would be entitled to.

PS I'm not particularly a fan of Smurthwaite before I get jumped on.

Must do. The ground value will be far greater for a start , leading to higher rates, water rates , insurance for a start. Far bigger stands and concourses therefore electric will be higher. Higher policing and stewarding costs. Higher maintenance costs. Need I go on?

There's only one set of toilets per stand with two in the Bycars so no extra toilets and water bills, the Railway stand and paddock also the Bycars hav'nt got concourses so that's less than a lot of grounds, the stewarding goes on the size of the crowd not the size of the ground. I'll agree probably higher rates for a bigger ground

People on here who are demanding a reduction to £250 should get real and do the maths. Firstly, a fair percentage of Vale fans are 60+ and don't pay the full price anyway but just let's assume that every season ticket holder paid the full price last season. That's 3,400x350 = £1,190,000. To generate that sort of capital at a cost of £250 the club would need to sell 4,760 season tickets. Do you really think that such a reduction would lead to that take up of tickets. I don't think so!!

For one, does the 3400 we sold last year include kids, OAPs etc. - I guess so, so the math's in incorrect as not all at £340.

Two, we aren't going to sell anywhere near 3400 ST this season as things stand.

So if we do an incentive of "if we reach 5000" we will make them £200-£250 it might actually make us some revenue for the playing budget and get the fans back. Just an idea. Look up what Bradford, Bury Charlton are all doing this season, all less than £200 early bird ST!

That's another topic.

I'd hazard a guess that it goes into Norman's pocket, to then get loaned into the club as may be say a director's loan 😉

Of course that's akin to blasphemy for some on here that came down in the last shower.

Unfortunately for Smurthwaite, some see him for what he really is.

Archived