onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices/Sales

People on here who are demanding a reduction to £250 should get real and do the maths. Firstly, a fair percentage of Vale fans are 60+ and don't pay the full price anyway but just let's assume that every season ticket holder paid the full price last season. That's 3,400x350 = £1,190,000. To generate that sort of capital at a cost of £250 the club would need to sell 4,760 season tickets. Do you really think that such a reduction would lead to that take up of tickets. I don't think so!!

Sold 6500 on the back of our last relegation 9 years ago, so the answer to your question is yes.

Or do you conveniently forget target 5000 and what it achieved?

We will not sell more than 2000 this time. The drop isn't better than nothing but nowhere near where it needs to be to gain supporters.

People will simply walk away this summer.

Advert

I had a season ticket last year and a ten game one the year before but ended up going most of the games .

Its a tough decision for me now as i feel that league 2 football season tickets should be no more than 179 quid for adults.

U reap what u sow the players have failed yet they still want there what was it 3 grand a week if they r any good at league two level .

U should be paid on how u perform and how much new support u get through the gates because of what u do .

Lets reflect for a min who we have on board for next season .

A manager who did not get the best out of his staff and if he did why we in league 2.

Three youngsters who r good lads but not ready for hurly burly of league football ,Turner ,Reeves and Boot .

A ageing pro whos decision to bring down the lad at Rochdale player which brought about the run what relegated us .

A chairman who gambled and failed but still wants his money back he has put in when really he should step aside and be noble .

Then a early bird season ticket which is 295 quid for what .

Where is Eagles and Bikey and Foley lets c some intent keep players who will make a difference hopefully .

I aint going find over 400 quid for me and my lad in two weeks so it needs be extended till July at least .

I will quite happily once at the matches put 5 quid a game in to buy new players if everybody does .

I hear Beckford was brought by the fans of Port Vale ,that was before i started going regularly .

Footballers want rewards they should earn them how ridiculous is football when a player can pick up 80 grand a week to finish near the bottom of the premier league .

So that drives up the prices in lower leagues and all the best players go to those who have money even if if means there debts r obscene .

So Port Vale have to charge 295 quid and bleed the hardcore dry .

The only problem is 3000 supporters cannot pay for the calibre of players we need .

So we have to hope that Brown can motivate like no one ever before and we get lucky with the low paid acquisitions we get.

If people genuinely can't afford then that's that, I've been skint myself when the kids were young so I know where you're coming from.

But to say I can't find that sort of money in two weeks?

The season tickets go on sale at the same time every year so it's not suddenly been sprung on us, bit like Christmas Day is 25 Dec every year.

To put things into perspective, Rochdale are celebrating hitting 1500 sales so far.

Burton are two leagues above, competing with the big boys on gates of 4500.

Fleetwood couldn't sell out their 5300 stadium in a promotion game.

Our fans think 3000 season ticket sales won't make us compete!

Prime examples, and there are many more, that a well run football club is worth its weight in gold.

Port Vale has so much untapped potential. Hopefully one day we will get the right owners to tap into it and go places.

Time is running out though with Norman in charge.

The 'dangerous one' could kill off all hopes should he cling on to the club,

Will not make a jot of difference to me and my 5 mates.

Its a start, but I have no desire to part with £300 that will go straight into Smurf's back pocket.

Soon as new ownership is in, I'll be the first one in the queue at VP to get a ST and new shirt.

Smurf is not putting any money into the club. Therefore the club will be ran on any incomings. This has already been stated.

Therefore, by not buying a season ticket, it seems as though fans are shooting themselves (or the club) in the foot by not putting any money into the club either.

It won't make much difference to Smurf, unless its that bad that the club goes into administration. I don't think the club could survive another one - at the very least without dropping into non league.

If anything, now is the time that the Vale needs it's fan base the most.

I get that people are angry - I'm one of them. With MOLD it made sense to starve them out, but I don't think the same applies here I'm afraid.

I'm not going to argue against those that do not wish to renew, however. I believe that everyone here has the clubs best interests at heart. I do personally feel though that this isn't necessarily good for the club, whilst probably not making much difference to Smurf.

The thing that has moved him more than anything is fans being vocal. It didn't take long for the the chanting at matches to put him off and want to sell up. Is it not possible to support the club, but not Smurf in this way?

We really need someone to come out and say 'Norman is taking nothing out of the club, just as he is not putting anything in. No ticket revenue, no player sales. The club is TOTALLY self sufficient on it's own funds'.

If this was to happen, would any of you pledging not to attend because of Smurf then go, even though he was still owner (only in principal)?

As far as this news about season ticket reduction goes, I think this is fantastic from the club. It shows that they are listening to fans. I get that some people want it cheaper still, but with the club in the shape it is in, it really can't afford to lose that much funding - so for them to even consider this has to be applauded (even if prices were too high anyway).

Smurf is not putting any money into the club. Therefore the club will be ran on any incomings. This has already been stated.

Therefore, by not buying a season ticket, it seems as though fans are shooting themselves (or the club) in the foot by not putting any money into the club either.

It won't make much difference to Smurf, unless its that bad that the club goes into administration. I don't think the club could survive another one - at the very least without dropping into non league.

I get that people are angry - I'm one of them. With MOLD it made sense to starve them out, but I don't think the same applies here I'm afraid.

I'm not going to argue against those that do not wish to renew, however. I believe that everyone here has the clubs best interests at heart. I do personally feel though that this isn't necessarily good for the club, whilst probably not making much difference to Smurf.

The thing that has moved him more than anything is fans being vocal. It didn't take long for the the chanting at matches to put him off and want to sell up. Is it not possible to support the club, but not Smurf in this way?

We really need someone to come out and say 'Norman is taking nothing out of the club, just as he is not putting anything in. No ticket revenue, no player sales. The club is TOTALLY self sufficient on it's own funds'.

If this was to happen, would any of you pledging not to attend because of Smurf then go, even though he was still owner (only in principal)?

As far as this news about season ticket reduction goes, I think this is fantastic from the club. It shows that they are listening to fans. I get that some people want it cheaper still, but with the club in the shape it is in, it really can't afford to lose that much funding - so for them to even consider this has to be applauded (even if prices were too high anyway).

The damage is irreparable until he leaves.

The sentiment is all well and good. Vale does need its fans but they cannot be held accountable if they don't buy one. And many won't.

Only one man should be held accountable.

Also you say Norman isn't putting any money into the club.

Today Colin Garlick is quoted as saying we need 3750 sales to make up the deficit of money that has been stated today.

So that means we have a budget based on 3750 ticket sales then?

So what happens if/when we get nowhere near that?

Who pays the wages?

It's absolutely suicidal to declare a "competitive" budget on that many ST sales when the club is in crisis and the majority of the fans have had enough and want the owner gone.

And all on the back of a relegation!

It's yet another pie in the sky decision and our club is being run woefully.

If people buy one, then good on them. I have no problem. But many won't.

I agree, it's a positive move by the club. I still won't be going as long as Smurthwaite is the owner. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, and that's not bloody far obviously!

I'm interested in why SEO was a good idea for MOLD and not now.

I dont understand why the offer could not of run through May, June and July. I want to get a ST but with one teenager to pay for as well as a holiday in June i cant find the money in less than 3 weeks. I will probably still buy my daughters but will only pick and choose my games unfortunatly.

Just Twenty days then to lay your hands on the cash for the cheapest offer. This should've been announced with a little under three months to go not three weeks. I'd put my mortgage on that the majority of the marketing department at the Vale are on first name terms with Wilma Flintstone and Barney Rubble.

I think those fans who were intending to buy or were 50/50 on buying one will probably go ahead and do so with this reduction. As for those more disillusioned I feel this reduction will not be enough, its not one of those offers that is too good to refuse.

I suppose it is a balancing act on the revenue front but feel it is a sliding scale situation. Will you sell 1000 season tickets at £295, 2000 at £250 . How many at £200 and will that quantity be sufficient? Genuinely feel that the position the club finds it self in with its own supports a grand gesture is needed.

You make several good points.

However, Smurf has proven himself to be so untrustworthy during his tenure, unfortunately I wouldn't buy any claims that he isn't taking money out of the club.

Issues such as the Grant and Alnwick money and the £400,000 season ticket money weigh on my mind. I honestly couldn't bring myself to give the club my money if 5% of me thought it will fund his new Tesla/holiday to Portugal.

I admit that my personal dislike of the man may cloud my vision; however, try as I might, I will never trust anything he says. He's clearly only here for the money, or he would have accepted either one of the local bids last week.

My sentiment towards season tickets are purely down to what Smurf has done these past 18 months. I desperately want to give my cash to the Vale and properly enjoy the football again. However, as long as he is lurking in the shadows, and has his puppet as chairman, I can't bring myself to do it.

I understand that many fans will attend Vale regardless of owner, and that's fine. Just different methods and responses to the situation we find ourselves in.

I agree, it's a positive move by the club. I still won't be going as long as Smurthwaite is the owner. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, and that's not bloody far obviously!

I'm interested in why SEO was a good idea for MOLD and not now.

Woakesy.

SEO will not work now because he will run the club accordingly.

Look at Leyton Orient.

Becchetti wasted 7 mill of his companies money on that club.

Hadn't a clue how to run a successful club.

Ha don't manager after manager.

Then chose cheap options.

The players were almost all from their youth towards the end of the season.

Now they face non league abyss unless he sells.

That's what Norman will do.

Only 2500 turn up, it's time to turn to the kids as they cost nothing.

We ARE the next Leyton Orient.

It's frightening.

We need him out and that's a big ask.

Archived