onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Prices/Sales

Advert

At first glance the offer appears good, a start at least. However you then have to consider the objectives they're trying to achieve for it to succeed. According to the sentinel we sold 3,400 last season (I didn't think it was that many but fine). To match last season's ST revenue we need 350 new sign ups. That's 350 people who before today couldn't afford 345, so hadn't prepared / saved for the outlay. Never mind the renewals that refuse to do so while Smurfs there. Just focusing on the newbies we need. Why give them 2 weeks to get upwards of £285 + more for paying family members. The deadline is prohibitive, and totally undermines the offer, reducing the likelihood of it succeeding. It's just so poorly thought through. They say they've listened to fans, but they've not put themselves in the shoes of their target market.

Sent from my SM-G930F using the onevalefan mobile app

The damage is irreparable until he leaves.

The sentiment is all well and good. Vale does need its fans but they cannot be held accountable if they don't buy one. And many won't.

Only one man should be held accountable.

Also you say Norman isn't putting any money into the club.

Today Colin Garlick is quoted as saying we need 3750 sales to make up the deficit of money that has been stated today.

So that means we have a budget based on 3750 ticket sales then?

So what happens if/when we get nowhere near that?

Who pays the wages?

It's absolutely suicidal to declare a "competitive" budget on that many ST sales when the club is in crisis and the majority of the fans have had enough and want the owner gone.

And all on the back of a relegation!

It's yet another pie in the sky decision and our club is being run woefully.

If people buy one, then good on them. I have no problem. But many won't.

Must admit I don't agree with large sections of what you post but declaring numbers with no sliding scale reduction offer does seem rather crackpot.

It's a great price reduction and I'm looking forward to getting my £50 refund but it's an unimaginative offer.

Just a few things I've seen quoted on here. Vale did not sell 3,400 adult season tickets last year. If they had done we would all have got the £25 refund promised if we sold over 3,000 and I don't know about the rest of you but I never saw mine!

The owner told the Sentinel at the beginning of July that we had sold 2320 over 18s tickets. I don't know how many junior tickets we sold but I would be very surprised if the total sales were much over 3,000.

Must admit I don't agree with large sections of what you post but declaring numbers with no sliding scale does seem rather crackpot.

It's a great price reduction and I'm looking forward to getting my £50 refund but it's an unimaginative offer.

Received my email 1 minute ago, as my surname begins with a W could it be they have done this on an alphabet basis?

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Fans are still hurting as I am from last seasons exploits but it's what you'll feel like come August what counts so come on take up the offer why it's there and let's get behind The mighty valiants. New board new players and who knows a new owner.

Let's not forget Garlick waved away the clubs second most valuable asset' date=' don't leave him unsupervised again, the pitch will be rolled up and sold to the local lawn green bowling club! [/quote']

You're being silly again.

I dont understand why the offer could not of run through May, June and July. I want to get a ST but with one teenager to pay for as well as a holiday in June i cant find the money in less than 3 weeks. I will probably still buy my daughters but will only pick and choose my games unfortunatly.

You can't do that as the club need to budget. They need need to know how many have bought so they can offer players contracts etc.

People know well in advance what the ST's will cost so if they can afford it the savings should be a welcome bonus.

I don't get this vp costs more to run, obviously a bigger stadium will cost more to build but once you've got the stadium it should be more or less the same, it's not like there's extra heating costs, there's still only 4 floodlights to power, yes we've got a bigger club shop to heat and light but wouldn't mind betting our shop takes in more revenue than the 3 you mention.
Larger roof, more painting etc? To me the space within the Lorne St stand could be a money spinner in the right hands. Location close to a town area against a A500 location?

Archived