onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Both offers rejected...

Arthur

Advert

With average gates of 4000 how do you expect the club to move forward without money ?

Consolidation payment + gate receipts in L1 enable you to have a player budget of around 1.7m. Funnily enough, that's what we had last season if the leaked document is to be believed. Imagine if we spent that on 25 players instead of 40 and had an actual strategy on and off the pitch?

Can I ask you where/how the 800k 'money pumped in' by NS each season has gone? How is our turnover millions down on what it was under V2001 ten season ago? Give your head a wobble, Davo.

Norman Smurthwaite whatever you think of him Is not the Devil. Yes he made mistakes. He is a human. Imagine it was your dad that people were abusing and threatening constantly would you think twice then?

Thing is MK, we all make our own mistakes along life's way, but it's how we manage repairing those mistakes that will determine how others see us - perceived or otherwise.

As I see it - and notwithstanding I would buy a football club if I had the where-with-all financial clout to do so - Norman is digging an even bigger hole for himself - financially so.

Yours in all things Port Vale,

Barry

The odd goal here and there are worthless if you don't put the effort in on the pitch.

we were good enough at the start of the season to be pushing for the playoffs, till our great chairman/owner had his master plan...and look what happened then, we were not good enough to stay in L.1, and unless he sells it will be the same in L.2.

If he wants whats best for Vale SELL, no ifs and buts but if he did sell it would mean hes failed, and that would be worse than losing the money, for his ego...

I think personally you all need to grow up.

Please take a long look at yourself in the mirror, those who have acted violently towards Smurf, given him abuse, I wonder if you were so abusive when the drinks were flowing in Burslem on the night of promotion, I think not. Pure scum of the earth and very fickle.

There is no excuse for violence towards NS but a degree of abuse is justified ..although there has to be a line and IMO some have crossed it on occasions. I depends if you see criticising his actions, business acumen etc as abuse

What have you achieved in your lifetime? If you are wealthy put the money where your mouth is.

There are many ways of measuring achievements; the accumulation of wealth is one of them but not one that all subscribe to.

Until you can afford to run a football club regardless of life long fan or not you have no right to any opinion.

I disagree and I'll explain why..NS is merely the current custodian of the club, nothing more. When he took ownership he took on the responsibility of keeping the club going and leaving it in a decent state when he handed it over to someone else to be the custodian. I'm not sure he saw it this way. PVFC isn't a business, it's part of the very fabric of the lives of 1000s of people in SoT and beyond. They do their bit by turning up, supporting the team, buying tickets, buying merchandise etc.

Supporters too are transient in that eventually we stop going or more likely pass away but we're around a lot longer than owners. Even we hand support over to our children in many cases.

That's why we are entitled to an opinion

Why should Smurf want to get involved when all you do is run him into the ground? I pity that he looks on this forum because it's only a vile, twisted and malicious against any actions he has.

He took on that when he became owner; if he didn't realise that he'll get stick at times then he didn't think it through

If you think it's so easy to do what he has done you waste your millions piled into the club. Put yourself in his shoes and realise he is only human like anyone else. How would you like your family and yourself to be treated?

No justification for abuse of his family. No one is saying it's easy.

The point again is he took on the responsibility, no one forced him to take ownership of Port Vale. Passionate criticism comes with the territory

That's all I have to say, for those who wish to get aggressive - good luck as you are only wasting your time as I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Don't go

With average gates of 4000 how do you expect the club to move forward without money ?

Its not the amount you have its the way you spend it... money isnt the magic bullet some seem to think.

Unless the team [whoever they may be] get off to a storming start and twonk the first 3 or 4 teams they play I doubt the average will be 4,000

Too much warrioring hey!

In all honesty [see what I did there?]... Im spending more time at the keyboard because between taking imodium, re-hydration drinks and urinating blood I find the distance between computer and toilet is manageable

Archived