onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ex-Chairman's Statement

valeparklife

I don’t think there is any reason for people be angry or disappointed with this statement (in isolation)…concerned about the future? Yes….but I don’t think there was anything more that could be said 2 days after the season…he messed up big time, he’s resigned…he wants to sell

When we start to hear that there are indeed offers on the table over the next few weeks and NS is turning them down then I could understand why more frustration would be vented….

I would also hope that if Synetics are genuine and NS is refusing to give them time of day, they would come out and say something.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t vent their anger about the shambles of a season as a whole, but I can’t see what more people were expecting from an announcement 48 hours after the season ended

Advert

Garlick needs to come out ASAP and provide a statement as to where we go from here first to tell us the Management structure including the Team Manager and new Season Ticket prices

The Fans who have deserted us because of Smurf need to come back and support our club going forward as most critics have said that we need to be run within our means which in the grand scheme of things is a League Two club!

We will be a bigger fish in a smaller pond next year and we enjoy bigger gates than most of the clubs that are left so I can't see us failing to work within our turnover, its not like we have a load of Players under large contracts so it will be a situation where we have to live within our means until the club has sold

When we are eventually sold I would hope that our 'toxic' fans get behind the new regime and support whoever it is insteadd of launching vendettas to discredit them again and so we go on!!

:hello::hi:

One of the most ludicrous things I've ever read.

He hasn't done what the fans wanted. He's selling us, putting no investment in in the meantime, and renting the ground back.

How in the **** is up to the fans now? He's mugged us off, has fled the scene, recouping all his money, and somehow the fans have got to sort out the mess.

Come on pal.

Who is renting the ground? The new owners? Surely any new buyer worth their salt would insist on a ground purchase too?

I don’t think there is any reason for people be angry or disappointed with this statement (in isolation)…concerned about the future? Yes….but I don’t think there was anything more that could be said 2 days after the season…he messed up big time, he’s resigned…he wants to sell

When we start to hear that there are indeed offers on the table over the next few weeks and NS is turning them down then I could understand why more frustration would be vented….

I would also hope that if Synetics are genuine and NS is refusing to give them time of day, they would come out and say something.

I’m not saying people shouldn’t vent their anger about the shambles of a season as a whole, but I can’t see what more people were expecting from an announcement 48 hours after the season ended

Sensible post, i said the same a few weeks back, if synetics are having trouble with their offer go public, it would ensure smurf is pushed out of the club.

well he said he would leave us in a better position than when he joined WRONG .

we have piled up 3.5 million in debt (allegedly) owed to him (down to his errors)

we no longer own our own ground , its owned by him (so he has us over a barrel)

we are in the same god awful division he joined us in (not the championship he crowed about).

he has presided over a reduction in crowds , ruined the clubs reputation amongst players (no longer want to sign for us) , left us with no manager , no budget , players contracts undecided . to top it off he says he will be selling up but not the ground , so he basically is seeking to destroy the club as who the hell will pay his ridiculous asking price to end up not owning the ground.

well thanks norman for your help and thanks to the administrators for selling us to yet another waster .

last one to leave turn off the lights.

Garlick needs to come out ASAP and provide a statement as to where we go from here first to tell us the Management structure including the Team Manager and new Season Ticket prices

The Fans who have deserted us because of Smurf need to come back and support our club going forward as most critics have said that we need to be run within our means which in the grand scheme of things is a League Two club!

We will be a bigger fish in a smaller pond next year and we enjoy bigger gates than most of the clubs that are left so I can't see us failing to work within our turnover, its not like we have a load of Players under large contracts so it will be a situation where we have to live within our means until the club has sold

When we are eventually sold I would hope that our 'toxic' fans get behind the new regime and support whoever it is insteadd of launching vendettas to discredit them again and so we go on!!

Good god, John.

Toxic fans with vendettas?!!!

Have you seen the state of the club? The evidence is overwhelming that your mate Norman has catastrophically crippled this football club and its supporters!!

It's there for all to see. No vendettas just pure hard facts and proof!

One day you will come out of whichever planet you're on and realise just what has happened this last two years.

Jesus wept.

I accept the apology because as far as I can tell, without detailed investigation, there is a lot of financial and managerial error but no fraud involved. He stands to lose a lot of money.

But this position looks desperate. As a director of the club, a company / group of companies, it cannot be allowed to continue to trade if it is insolvent. That is wrongful trading and can become criminal in nature. Creditors, aside from the owner, are at risk of losing a lot of money through deception as we have all seen previously at Port Vale. People doing business with the club are likely to act to protect themselves - leave to take alternative employment, ask for cash up front for goods and services etc. How can the club's manager hope to retain or sign players?

On the other hand Smurf has surely prostrated himself in terms of selling the club. An interested party can drive down the price aggressively or force bankruptcy. It doesn't bode well for a good sale to a party with the best intentions in a timely fashion.

Deeply concerned and not willing to commit to season ticket - taking in to account other problems I have that will militate against me attending anyway.

"One thing I didn't like was the statement: "Under normal circumstances that’s how I would be thinking today wanting to roll my sleeves up, plan and fund our way back to League 1 next season. Sadly, due the environment of the last few months, I do not feel that is now possible."

This, to me, is one last dig at the fans. Not needed."

He is right though. People have been very critical of him and most want him out. Most have got what they want.

I don't think anyone has got what they want.

When we sang get out of our club, that's what we want. Sell up and **** off, not hide away like a ******* coward, watching the demise of the club.

He needs to sell the club in a month. That's decent enough timescale. If he's still here after that then he needs to be found and forced to sell up.

The man is an evil coward.

The one thing the Vale must NOT do is to appoint a new manager until the ownership matter is settled. Any self-respecting new owner will wish to sign their own man and not inherit someone else's choice. Finding someone has already been appointed would simply act as a disincentive to potential owners who want to put their own stamp on the club.

Anxious times...

My feelings too, BUT what if the sale of the Club takes time and by that I mean the time any manager needs to agree new players etc,etc. We could well find ourselves in a situation without a new owner rubber stamping any contracts/deals for a long, long time and that really would balls up our start to the new campaign.

The more I look at Smurf's statement the more concerned I become wondering when he will sell up? It takes time to agree this but have we, Port Vale FC got that time? In the interim are we to believe that Garlick/Brown/or another have Smurf's agreement to get rid/purchase players for Division 2? If a sale of the club is imminent will the new regime not want to have their say in who is manager/ who is to be retained/ who is to be recruited?

Vale at present are in a mess and how can the current people at the Club do all of the above IF we are to have new owners soon? If I was a prospective buyer I would want to install ALL of MY people , not be lumbered with those possibly left behind or possibly wanted at this point in time. Unless there really is a buyer in the next few days I can see one almighty bigger mess on the horizon.

You just have to love football don't you to actually make any sense out of the Circus that we are.

I can only see administration coming from this with a massive points deduction and the inevitable loss of league status. Smurf will not sell the ground because that's his Golden Egg, he's hoping Synetics buy the club out of administration but then have to rent the ground off him. He's a total disgrace of a man.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Reading this, how can anyone disagree that the fans have to take some of the blame.

Archived