onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Sold Up?

Smallthorne Dog

Advert

The problem with V2001 is that they did not raise the cash from the fans that they had expected so had to borrow at a silly interest rate. The Board were at each others throats from much of their tenure as well which meant the decent guys left.

We don't know if any new owner would take us to the promised land, it may go **** up again. But the evidence suggests that the current owner is just making cock up after cock up so sticking with him is hardly an option.

A club run where everyone is equal is fine in principle but in reality can never work I'm afraid and when someone has two shares he thinks why should he only have the same vote as another one with just one?

Its human nature I'm afraid and it allowed Bratt and his cronies to take control on the cheap. Its like Communism it doesn't really work.

Norman has done a decent job, people need to get off his back! I don't blame relegation on Norman in fact I am great full Port Vale still exists!
And you sir if you mean what you have just said need urgent medical help!

And made a profit in 7 of them?

Sounds a great business man to me. And there's not a cat in hells chance of him writing off £100m. He fully intends to get that money back, 100%.

I didn't know you were a close friend of Mr Ashley. I bow to your superior knowledge!

Newcastle turn over a vast amount of money from the PL TV deal, sponsorship etc. The club has the means to pay him back over time. Perhaps he wants the debt to stand for a bit, for tax reasons.

He could also factor what he's owed into the selling price when he does leave, because there will be a market of people wanting to buy the club.

However, none of this applies to our scenario.

They don't need to' date=' as I said I just personally won't support a buyer until I see one.[/quote']

Why would any buyer show you, or any other fan, their business plan until they had acquired the club? Do you think anyone is bothered whether you support them buying the club or not? What did we know of Norman's plans until he had bought the club?

Newcastle turn over a vast amount of money from the PL TV deal, sponsorship etc. The club has the means to pay him back over time. Perhaps he wants the debt to stand for a bit, for tax reasons.

Why??

Repayment of a loan is not taxable.

Once you have made a loan the only tax consequences are on interest received or capital gains/losses when the loan is sold on or written off.

Why would any buyer show you, or any other fan, their business plan until they had acquired the club? Do you think anyone is bothered whether you support them buying the club or not? What did we know of Norman's plans until he had bought the club?

To be frank, we have never really known Normans plan, you could almost suspect he never had one and still doesn't....

He could also factor what he's owed into the selling price when he does leave, because there will be a market of people wanting to buy the club.

However, none of this applies to our scenario.

Quite likely he could sell Newcastle today at a tidy profit to a Far Eastern consortium taking advantage of the exchange rate.

To be frank, we have never really known Normans plan, you could almost suspect he never had one and still doesn't....
He had a plan to make money by selling the Vale as a Championship club within 10 years, the clock is ticking.

Archived