onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford city it can be done i.e. Season Tickets

Whatever happens if we don't sell many season tickets our forecast to the football league will be very low resulting in a low budget and another season of disappointment. Smurf needs to try and do something to get some fans back onside but whatever he does (if anything) will be derided on here and at a cost to the club and playing side. Still, some fans will get the club they want (one that's in constant turmoil)

Advert

Whatever happens if we don't sell many season tickets our forecast to the football league will be very low resulting in a low budget and another season of disappointment. Smurf needs to try and do something to get some fans back onside but whatever he does (if anything) will be derided on here and at a cost to the club and playing side. Still, some fans will get the club they want (one that's in constant turmoil)

Yep, it will be derided by me ..because he hasn't the first clue about marketing. Let me take you on a short walk through my experiences and observations;

Three years running, I've had to call the club and beg them to take my renewal money. No email, no call, no letter, no text. Do you think that's reasonable?

This year's FA Cup tickets set at £12.00....but nobody knew about it. The upshot? 3000 in the ground.

Oldham away tickets available at £15, but taken off sale on the day of a game! Do you think that's a good way to sell them?

The recent "2 games for £30.00" joke, that was taken up in tiny numbers. Again, under-marketed and made unnecessarily difficult to take advantage of. Do you see how that compares with what other clubs, on crowds no bigger than ours, are doing?

You're damned right I'll have my say about any more of his crappy "offers", because quite frankly I would back my 11-year old niece to come up with better initiatives.

Whatever their thinking behind it is, they will almost certainly be rewarded with excellent attendances for the games with an offer on. They'll certainly sell extra food and drink, they may sell extra merchandise and they might get season ticket sales off the back of it. They'll build goodwill within the community for making football truly for everyone. So maybe it's not all about money, it's a broader picture for them. They did a shirt gesture earlier this season for a very poorly young fan, remember. Basically, they're switched on and we are not.

Let's not forget, there is NO PROFIT in empty seats!!

At the very least it is a marketing exercise, they will then have some idea of their current potential and can act accordingly. Did our recent offer tell us much?

At the very least it is a marketing exercise, they will then have some idea of their current potential and can act accordingly. Did our recent offer tell us much?

Yes, it told us all we need to know about the marketing at PVFC. I'd happily share my thoughts but I think it would consist of lots of asterisks!

So, if he does nothing, can we 'deride' that? Also, if he does nothing and no-one complains other fans will get the club they want (a moribund non-league shambles).

OK, given the current trend of falling attendances and the increasing likelihood that our ST sales for next season will drop even further, how do you suggest we increase attendances? Should the club do something? or should they carry on regardless and blame the fans if numbers drop?

Should we ignore the fact that our fanbase is an aging one, and resign ourselves to the fact we can't compete with Stoke when attracting fans of the future? As far as I can see, both short and long term, pricing is the main way of getting more bums on seats.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Don't forget the poor football on offer as well.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Yep, it will be derided by me ..because he hasn't the first clue about marketing. Let me take you on a short walk through my experiences and observations;

Three years running, I've had to call the club and beg them to take my renewal money. No email, no call, no letter, no text. Do you think that's reasonable?

This year's FA Cup tickets set at £12.00....but nobody knew about it. The upshot? 3000 in the ground.

Oldham away tickets available at £15, but taken off sale on the day of a game! Do you think that's a good way to sell them?

The recent "2 games for £30.00" joke, that was taken up in tiny numbers. Again, under-marketed and made unnecessarily difficult to take advantage of. Do you see how that compares with what other clubs, on crowds no bigger than ours, are doing?

You're damned right I'll have my say about any more of his crappy "offers", because quite frankly I would back my 11-year old niece to come up with better initiatives.

Also remember at the beginning of the pre season the chairman has sold the excitement by telling us he will be making cuts to the wage bill and won't put anymore money in.

Even the Coca Cola marketing team with a multi million dollar budget couldn't sell many ST's with behaviour like that.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Makes you wonder how teams like Fleetwood, Rochdale, Burton etc get away with it

I don't Tim just like everyone else doesn't know for sure anything. I can only go of what people on here are saying and the lowest average attendance for 29 years.

I'm sure you do know that it will be a roaring success and that if it isn't and we make very little money you can blame the chairman not fans for not buying one. Either way hes screwed if it comes off the fans thought of it not him he's still an issue. If it doesn't then it's his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Matt, you seemed so certain in your forecast, why would you be wrong? I KNOW that on the back of relegation, but with an excellent marketing campaign, we sold 6500 tickets the last time we tried it.

The difference between progress and decline, it is called stability.

That is one thing that has eluded this club for nigh on 20 years, and the different ways people think it could be achieved are what is causing the in-fighting we see currently. I have no idea what the future holds, but currently no-one can deny that we are caught in a frightening downward trajectory with no clear vision forward. Still, I'll be there today UTV

That is one thing that has eluded this club for nigh on 20 years, and the different ways people think it could be achieved are what is causing the in-fighting we see currently. I have no idea what the future holds, but currently no-one can deny that we are caught in a frightening downward trajectory with no clear vision forward. Still, I'll be there today UTV

This time 20 years ago we were challenging for the play-offs to the premiership. The decline hit after that and we never recovered, typical Port Vale mistake of never building on something good.

common sense mate. But you wont get through to this lot. Quite interesting sitting in the Post Office vaults chatting away to other fans before the game on saturday the level of distain from a lot of people there about OVF. It become a bit of a running joke that its full of wannabes and doom merchants. I think its time people actually start to realise that OVF is almost like the customer complaints forum these days that only negative stuff finds its way on here. easily 10-15 people when OVF came up laughed and said they dont go on there anymore because its full of cranks and the same 20 keyboard warriors on every thread.

OVF has become a circus and I whole heartly agree. Chairman is in a lose lose situation (mostly his own doing) but he isnt going anywhere and moaning on here about what should be happening in your opinion isnt going to change that. Most OVF users love some drama, a mystery and to be self involved in turmoil.

Archived