onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford city it can be done i.e. Season Tickets

theres no financial benefit to the club or the chairman short term for doing this type of scheme

£200 x 5000 is 1,000,000

£350 x 3000 is 1,050,000

50 grand more for him if he keeps the current pricing(ish). Fans are talking about him leaving and forcing him out, why would he then put into place a scheme which he sees no financial benefit for him at all as its all long term gain?

We'll sell nowhere near 3k. I have banged on about this for the last 3 seasons....even I'm bored of me now.

But can you believe there is ABSOLUTELY NO PLAN WHATSOEVER about how to retain current numbers, never mind increase them? Wouldn't that be astonishing at Manchester United or Liverpool, never mind a Third Division club?

Like I say, he's clearly not bothered if we play in front of 200 or 6000 people. That alone says he's not the full shilling.

Advert

We'll sell nowhere near 3k. I have banged on about this for the last 3 seasons....even I'm bored of me now.

But can you believe there is ABSOLUTELY NO PLAN WHATSOEVER about how to retain current numbers, never mind increase them? Wouldn't that be astonishing at Manchester United or Liverpool, never mind a Third Division club?

Like I say, he's clearly not bothered if we play in front of 200 or 6000 people. That alone says he's not the full shilling.

Has Smurf said he's not bothered?

theres no financial benefit to the club or the chairman short term for doing this type of scheme

£200 x 5000 is 1,000,000

£350 x 3000 is 1,050,000

50 grand more for him if he keeps the current pricing(ish). Fans are talking about him leaving and forcing him out, why would he then put into place a scheme which he sees no financial benefit for him at all as its all long term gain?

Those numbers are fine as long as the extra 2000 don't spend any money in the ground. There is no money at all to be had from an empty seat.

Also, we won't get anywhere near 3000 paying full price next season.

Those numbers are fine as long as the extra 2000 don't spend any money in the ground. There is no money at all to be had from an empty seat.

Also, we won't get anywhere near 3000 paying full price next season.

I don't think you would get 3000, but I don't think you would get more than 3500 at £200 even in this league

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

£200 x 5000 is 1,000,000

£350 x 3000 is 1,050,000

The key here is that everyone pushing for this kind of scheme is concerned about Port Vale, not Norman Smurthwaite. I actually agree with you in a sense, but it signifies all that is wrong with the man, everything is short term, as everything he does is focused on short term returns for himself. Unfortunately for Norman, his decisions so far have been horrendous from both a short and long term point of view, which is why we need him out. He doesn't understand football, so the offers he puts forward repeatedly fail, as was the case with the recent ticket offer which saw no increase in attendances so probably saw a fall in income. The club gained nothing, and he'll probably use that as reason to not run schemes in future, which is barmy.

Long term, given the threat from Stoke, we have to get more people into the ground. Anyone in a position of power at the club, should care enough about it's long term future to recognise this. It's essential. History shows that successful seasons aren't frequent, so whilst we should strive for them to increase attendances, we shouldn't rely on them as our only hope. Pricing, marketing, hospitality, match day revenue etc are all things the club can influence. At the moment they're falling well short.

I don't think you would get 3000, but I don't think you would get more than 3500 at £200 even in this league

Perhaps not, although I would get one at £200. I am seriously considering not getting one for the first time in my working life as it currently stands though. I do not know if I am the exception, reading views on here and watching our declining attendances makes me think not.

Well we managed 6,500 at £183 in 2008 after relegation. Why not again? Personally, I think with a decent marketing plan that builds a buzz of excitement around the offer, and a realistic plan that targets at least 4,500 fans, I think we could reach that figure, just as we did before.

Well we managed 6,500 at £183 in 2008 after relegation. Why not again? Personally, I think with a decent marketing plan that builds a buzz of excitement around the offer, and a realistic plan that targets at least 4,500 fans, I think we could reach that figure, just as we did before.

If that was ever going to happen, planning would and should have started months ago. For all we know Colin Garlick wants to do such a scheme but lacks the personnel or support from Norman to do so.

If that was ever going to happen, planning would and should have started months ago. For all we know Colin Garlick wants to do such a scheme but lacks the personnel or support from Norman to do so.

Definitely. I'm under no illusions that we've missed the boat for next season. Smurf has said many times he won't do anything like this, unless we could guarantee it brought in 17,000 ST holders...why, I'll never know. Makes no sense and doesn't reflect well on his intelligence.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Definitely. I'm under no illusions that we've missed the boat for next season. Smurf has said many times he won't do anything like this, unless we could guarantee it brought in 17,000 ST holders...why, I'll never know. Makes no sense and doesn't reflect well on his intelligence.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

The year we went up, he said how he was looking forward to the game against Burton-on-Trent. I knew right then we'd have some trouble with the bloke!

The year we went up, he said how he was looking forward to the game against Burton-on-Trent. I knew right then we'd have some trouble with the bloke!

It was the Stoke Audi comment for me. We'd had months of Wildes talking about diversifying the income streams making us a 7 day a week business, completing the lorne street, increasing the number of kids attending, engaging with fans over changes to the club crest etc etc.

Then all of a sudden Smurf was in charge and he says things like, it's not rocket science, just need sell more beer and pies. It was the kind of lazy approach that V2001 would adopt. He lacked any kind of professionalism and class, unlike Wildes, so I just knew that over time he'd lack the ability to build excitement...and so it has proven unfortunately.

The problem is Tim that that was a long time ago and the budgets were not as high. We are not self sustaining so any scheme like this would ultimately end up with the directors loan growing. 5000 season tickets at £200 is 1million pounds which i bet is around half to a third of the budget for the year. 3000 at £350 each is 50 grand more for the club and 50 grand less the chairman needs to find from his own pocket. Whats the incentive for the chairman to do that if people are on his case constantly and want him gone? He wont see the benefit at all?

Be fair if you want him gone and to take a major loss on his investments, you cant ask him to put into place schemes which will benefit the person he going to sell the club to

Not disagreeing it was a long time ago, 9 years to be precise, I was saying that Vales scheme was actually based on Bradford's model, the model everyone keeps saying won't work. Going on the wage list Smurthwaite inadvertently sent out, the playing budget is nowhere near £2.5-3 million, probably nearer £1.5 million.

We are not self sustaining for many reasons, but we could be if we were run properly. I want him gone because he is incapable of running us sustainably or professionally. I couldn't give a monkeys if he does a scheme, I'd prefer he didn't. Having said that, if he is to stay he has to do something to win support back and get more people in the ground, doing nothing is not an option anymore. However, I feel Smurthwaite has no chance of turning it round as he has alienated too many people.

Not disagreeing it was a long time ago, 9 years to be precise, I was saying that Vales scheme was actually based on Bradford's model, the model everyone keeps saying won't work. Going on the wage list Smurthwaite inadvertently sent out, the playing budget is nowhere near £2.5-3 million, probably nearer £1.5 million.

We are not self sustaining for many reasons, but we could be if we were run properly. I want him gone because he is incapable of running us sustainably or professionally. I couldn't give a monkeys if he does a scheme, I'd prefer he didn't. Having said that, if he is to stay he has to do something to win support back and get more people in the ground, doing nothing is not an option anymore. However, I feel Smurthwaite has no chance of turning it round as he has alienated too many people.

Tim has hit the nail on the head here for me.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived