onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford city it can be done i.e. Season Tickets

Advert

How do you know?

I don't Tim just like everyone else doesn't know for sure anything. I can only go of what people on here are saying and the lowest average attendance for 29 years.

I'm sure you do know that it will be a roaring success and that if it isn't and we make very little money you can blame the chairman not fans for not buying one. Either way hes screwed if it comes off the fans thought of it not him he's still an issue. If it doesn't then it's his fault.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Warning - this is about season-ticket renewals!

It occurred to me today that as it stands we could be looking at the lowest ST sales in recent memory (the last decade?).

If things stay as they are on and off the pitch, renewing is a pretty unappealing prospect for most people (x 10 if the worst happened!).

So....I wonder how low would sales have to be by the end of April/ mid-May for Mr Smurthwaite to act? Would only 1000 sold give him the jitters? Would just 500 sold even bother him? Would he stubbornly see games played in front of 1,500 people just to let people know we should be grateful he's the boss? Would he price the club up realistically and get out, even at a loss? Nobody knows.

It seems to me that this moment in time is the best chance for fans to show their dissatisfaction at the way the club has been, is and will most likely continue to be run with NS at the helm.

It would be an interesting exercise for people to e-mail him with their name, address and telephone number and a brief line or two indicating their intention not to renew.

Why bother with an e-mail? Here's why;

By doing so, he and/or the person in charge of ticket sales and promotion would be left in no doubt as to level of disillusionment among the dwindling support. But by doing so, it also potentially helps the person charged with drumming up sales. How so? Because they then have bang-up-to-date details of up to 2500 people, which would surely be better than whatever absymal records they currently hold (if any). If they fail to use that data, then we know beyond any doubt that they simply don't care if we buy tickets or not.

Whether this method would work, or a symbolic dumping of season ticket cards outside the main entrance after the Bolton game or whatever, I don't know.I just feel that we HAVE to act soon. We are otherwise sleepwalking towards terrible crowds next season - and frankly I dread to think what they would be if we succumbed to you-know-what.

What do others think?

Are you happy with someone like that having a very useful list of names and addresses of a sizable majority of the people who are against him ?

Then again, he's not clever enough to use it to his advantage against his critics so it probably wouldn't matter.

Are you happy with someone like that having a very useful list of names and addresses of a sizable majority of the people who are against him ?

Then again, he's not clever enough to use it to his advantage against his critics so it probably wouldn't matter.

I know for a fact they've got my details on a ZX Spectrum floppy disk.

I want to renew but with so much uncertainty and feeling like I've wasted this season's ticket money due to numerous mistakes, I think a lot of us long standing fans need to know what the direction of the club will be over the next 12 months. I normally just turn up in May/June and hand over the cash no matter what but will find it almost impossible to do if the managerial position is not sorted out quickly. I also need to hear some sort of positive messages coming from the club about, well anything really. Just something positive to give me hope that I won't have to sit through another 9 months of what has been served up this season.

I'd be ok renew and pay £345 in league 1 but if the R word happens I think a gesture of £230 per season ticket, tenner a game, would be a about what fans should be expected to pay for a lesser product.

Take a look at the Rochdale website....as well as the £1 game against us, they have two home games priced at £10 for 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16.

So there you have it....Rochdale miles ahead of us with ticket initiatives.

Take a look at the Rochdale website....as well as the £1 game against us, they have two home games priced at £10 for 2 adults and up to 3 children under 16.

So there you have it....Rochdale miles ahead of us with ticket initiatives.

Ticket initiatives are great if they generate extra fans at following games. Generally they don't. Unless Rochdale get a lot more fans at their next home game their one pound experiment will be a big revenue loss for them. So it's more likely to be rochdale are even better than the Vale at losing money.

Ticket initiatives are great if they generate extra fans at following games. Generally they don't. Unless Rochdale get a lot more fans at their next home game their one pound experiment will be a big revenue loss for them. So it's more likely to be rochdale are even better than the Vale at losing money.

OK, given the current trend of falling attendances and the increasing likelihood that our ST sales for next season will drop even further, how do you suggest we increase attendances? Should the club do something? or should they carry on regardless and blame the fans if numbers drop?

Should we ignore the fact that our fanbase is an aging one, and resign ourselves to the fact we can't compete with Stoke when attracting fans of the future? As far as I can see, both short and long term, pricing is the main way of getting more bums on seats.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Whatever their thinking behind it is, they will almost certainly be rewarded with excellent attendances for the games with an offer on. They'll certainly sell extra food and drink, they may sell extra merchandise and they might get season ticket sales off the back of it. They'll build goodwill within the community for making football truly for everyone. So maybe it's not all about money, it's a broader picture for them. They did a shirt gesture earlier this season for a very poorly young fan, remember. Basically, they're switched on and we are not.

Let's not forget, there is NO PROFIT in empty seats!!

Archived