onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Vale Win - post match conversation

WalterJ

Well played Vale and every ounce of effort for the fans. Callum Guy fantastic as were all the boys, the fans were super too perhaps the knockers stayed on social media? Every player committed and we should have had three penalties. Great that Anton played despite his dads demise, that's the spirit we need.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

First game I've been able to attend since Chesterfield (We win all the time I don't know what everyone is concerned about).

I was quite impressed overall after Swindon's initial 20 minute spell, they seems to open us up at will and if they had anyone even half decent up with Ajose they may have been out of sight.

That being said, we were very unlucky to go 0-1 down to a huge deflection, although that luck evened out a minute later when their keeper spilled to Eagles.

Since the goal it was one way traffic, without us creating a hatful I do think we were never under too much pressure for the rest of the game.

I did think we had two huge penalty shouts, 1 for grappling Smith and 1 for handball at 0-0. They also had Smith round the neck when JJ scored his first. I don't spose Port vale can complain too much though when the ref did give one penalty and we've won the game.

I really hope we can get some confidence out of that though. 4 points in the next two games would be huge and would have the teams directly above us really worried!

I keep replaying the video of the goals yesterdy, the through pass by Billy Reeves to set up JJ Hooper in the incident that led to the sending off and then the third goal is a thing of beauty. That was a top quality superb defence splitting pass in which he saw where Hooper was running to and the weight and accuracy made it easy for Hooper to continue his run without breaking stride. Young Billy seems to have had two impressive brief substitute appearances. An assist of that quality when he was only on the pitch for 15 minutes is a great start on a home debut, I look forward to seeing more of this young fella.

Much needed and welcome 3 points. Key for me yesterday was Vale scored very soon after Swindon went ahead. What the hell was the Swindle No 2 doing when Forrester missed the penalty and was on the ground, his antics deserved a booking at least, disgusting behaviour.

Kiko may have a sweet feft foot but defensively he's an absolute liability.

Much needed and welcome 3 points. Key for me yesterday was Vale scored very soon after Swindon went ahead. What the hell was the Swindle No 2 doing when Forrester missed the penalty and was on the ground, his antics deserved a booking at least, disgusting behaviour.

Kiko may have a sweet feft foot but defensively he's an absolute liability.

I think he was reminding him about the ***** penalty that ballooned over the bar.

We have to improve defensively - there is no doubt about that.

Smith has been our best defender lately but even he was culpable in their second goal yesterday.

I'm not decrying their efforts as I know they do their utmost best but for me Purkiss isn't the player he was when he first came to us, Kiko ball watches and is a poor defender, and Knops is also prone to daft mistakes. Yesterday he got the wrong side of his man twice in the second half but Smith got him out of jail. He made a couple of excellent saving tackles as well but defenders at this level have to concentrate for the full 90 minutes and keep focused. We were solid last summer but now look like conceding too easily. I'm sure Brown will work on it in training.

We have to improve defensively - there is no doubt about that.

Smith has been our best defender lately but even he was culpable in their second goal yesterday.

I'm not decrying their efforts as I know they do their utmost best but for me Purkiss isn't the player he was when he first came to us, Kiko ball watches and is a poor defender, and Knops is also prone to daft mistakes. Yesterday he got the wrong side of his man twice in the second half but Smith got him out of jail. He made a couple of excellent saving tackles as well but defenders at this level have to concentrate for the full 90 minutes and keep focused. We were solid last summer but now look like conceding too easily. I'm sure Brown will work on it in training.

Pity we could not have loaned Alnwick back.

When u think most games pre Brown we were relying on bad finishing and major good fortune what ive witnessed these last 4 home games ive really enjoyed .

The performances r generally much much better ,ok we still docile at times but come on have we paid a fee for any of our players who take to the field ( NO we aint).

Smith and Reeves ( local lads and we r proud of there efforts Smith player of the season for me ,Billy Reeves a unknown but looks to me like he can play ).

The fans r something else if the players do the business ,dont judge a football club on attendances watched Liverpool v Burnley today the home support was pathetic ,the Vale fans will shout if theres something shout about i will if there isnt.

Loved the second half yesterday as a team we didnt half put the effort in and Chris Eagles well i really enjoyed his display yet again .

First half suspect on the left side of the pitch but second half i dont recall them having a attempt apart from the goal.

Foley was superb as was Guy who really showed a great attitude to hard graft .

Its a start and we must build on it .

Brown is doing a very good job i feel and i look forwards to games now and thats how it should be .

He has done a outstanding job .

Utv

Or perhaps the team actually played well & the fans responded?

I thought both sets of fans got behind their team from the off tbh. Sometimes if you can get some atmosphere going it rubs off & I think yesterday was one such occasion. Even when we went 0-1 & later when we missed the pen, there was no booing just support - as it should be - particularly when you're up against it. I can forgive a lack of ability but not a lack of effort & everyone gave their all yesterday & it needs to be like that until the end of the season.

Archived