onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

'Vale Win - post match conversation

WalterJ

from the body language of the Swindle player it didn't seem a pleasant few words, IMHO, their No 2 was a right No 2.

Thompson was his name and he just showed how much class Swindle players have at the moment. Think he was totally t'd off at the way the Vale Players took their chances and Swindle players didn't. If they did it could have been a different thread.

May the players take confidence in this and gain more points to move us up the league.

Advert

First half suspect on the left side of the pitch but second half i dont recall them having a attempt apart from the goal.

For me Kiko may have good delivery when crossing but he is not a very good defender. He gave their right winger way too much time and room and never got close enough to put a tackle in. He didn't get in at him early enough and consequently their winger had virtually free rein to do what he wanted with no fear of getting clattered or being made to work hard. He doesn't seem willing to do the nitty gritty side of the game as a full back. They were consistently doing the long diagonal switch over Kiko, hes not good in the air either and they had clearly targeted him as a weak link defensively. Couple that with Hooper who at times switches off and allows full backs to run off him and its no wonder they had so much joy in the first half.

For some reason their manager swapped wingers second half and after that they never carried the same threat. Crazy decision from their point of view I thought.

Much needed and welcome 3 points. Key for me yesterday was Vale scored very soon after Swindon went ahead. What the hell was the Swindle No 2 doing when Forrester missed the penalty and was on the ground, his antics deserved a booking at least, disgusting behaviour.

Kiko may have a sweet feft foot but defensively he's an absolute liability.

Dosent help when he has nobody tracking back to help him. He's our best left back, does need to improve defensively but is the best we have and wasn't helped on Saturday.

When u think most games pre Brown we were relying on bad finishing and major good fortune what ive witnessed these last 4 home games ive really enjoyed .

The performances r generally much much better ,ok we still docile at times but come on have we paid a fee for any of our players who take to the field ( NO we aint).

Smith and Reeves ( local lads and we r proud of there efforts Smith player of the season for me ,Billy Reeves a unknown but looks to me like he can play ).

The fans r something else if the players do the business ,dont judge a football club on attendances watched Liverpool v Burnley today the home support was pathetic ,the Vale fans will shout if theres something shout about i will if there isnt.

Loved the second half yesterday as a team we didnt half put the effort in and Chris Eagles well i really enjoyed his display yet again .

First half suspect on the left side of the pitch but second half i dont recall them having a attempt apart from the goal.

Foley was superb as was Guy who really showed a great attitude to hard graft .

Its a start and we must build on it .

Brown is doing a very good job i feel and i look forwards to games now and thats how it should be .

He has done a outstanding job .

Utv

Correct give MB the managers job now and his coaching staff contracts even if we go down (shudder the thought) and lets get this club stable and on the right track on and off the field.

Correct give MB the managers job now and his coaching staff contracts even if we go down (shudder the thought) and lets get this club stable and on the right track on and off the field.

100% agree. We may have an inexperienced team management wise, but to me it looks a good team in terms of its footballing experience that knows the lower leagues of English football, and importantly it has experience across all positions. They are also ex-players who the players can look up to, as they've all been there and done it.

I have to agree. Brown has not got the results, but the transformation in the side from watching them is superb. They're fitter, stronger and he's playing a formation that fits the players he has, as opposed to picking a system and then putting square pegs in round holes. They're fighting for him and that can only be a good thing. He's made some mistakes, but all new managers do that. He seems like he's learnt from them. Subbing Kelly for Shadipo Saturday could've been a disaster. But it was timed perfectly and pushed us on. His lineup Saturday was excellent.

I would give him a 2 and a bit year deal. Let him get rid of the dross in the summer and bring a few in. A team with a full preseason learning his mindset and requirements would not just be a decent side, but I think would give the fans what they desire most, a team that they can believe in and trust to put in 100% every game.

100% agree. We may have an inexperienced team management wise, but to me it looks a good team in terms of its footballing experience that knows the lower leagues of English football, and importantly it has experience across all positions. They are also ex-players who the players can look up to, as they've all been there and done it.

Chris Morgan will be a manager somewhere in my opinion. We should take all we can from him while he's here. A great addition to the backroom staff.

Chris Morgan will be a manager somewhere in my opinion. We should take all we can from him while he's here. A great addition to the backroom staff.

We can guarantee 110% effort from all our players with Browny and Morgan in charge.Their game was based on it.

We can guarantee 110% effort from all our players with Browny and Morgan in charge.Their game was based on it.

This is one of the reasons I'm optimistic about our chances. All of the bottom 7/8 lack quality, so when it comes down to it, I think effort/fight will determine who stays up.

from the body language of the Swindle player it didn't seem a pleasant few words, IMHO, their No 2 was a right No 2.

He's had previous with us before. Remember a few years ago after Swindon beat us he started doing a double bicep flex at the Vale fans to try and wind us up.

Nasty piece of shiiiiiiiit.

Dosent help when he has nobody tracking back to help him. He's our best left back, does need to improve defensively but is the best we have and wasn't helped on Saturday.

Have to disagree, Brophy ( number 11 ) ran Kiko a merry dance, he was going dizzy. I texed mates duuring the game saying how will Hooper score playing as a left back, he was so deep trying to help Kiko who was constantly getting done.

That said he improved 2nd half and got more in him and Brophy then switched wings.

He's had previous with us before. Remember a few years ago after Swindon beat us he started doing a double bicep flex at the Vale fans to try and wind us up.

Nasty piece of shiiiiiiiit.

The only possible justification for any player doing this is maybe when a player clearly cheats for the penno and misses it.

This clearly wasn't the case and proved what a classless pratt he was.

Think penalty taking needs addressing, Hooper missed v Rochdale and now this.

Foley missed a couple last season.

I half expected Eagles with his experience, but at least Forrester had the guts to step up , though had we not won i may of been writing differently !!!

Slightly off topic and if this has been covered before apologies in advance, was at the game earlier than usual so had the privilidge of ducking numerous times from mis-hit shots.

Who is the goalie coach in the warm up with initials DW on his top? I have seen Kirkland only once at a home game, also we had a young lad doing the fitness warm ups who looked no older than about 24 , no idea who either were.

Kelly and Morgan quite obvious but no idea who these were.

Archived