onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

442: worst ever Vale player

robf

A strange one about Colin Miles , because Yeovil fans were gutted when he came to us! However he was a left sided centre half not a full back where we played him.I think there were a few others that we played totally out of position then said they were no good !

Advert

Ville Viljanen has to be up there. I remember a night match in the LDV where the ball came bouncing to him, he was surrounded by opposition players, and in a mad panic just booted the ball almost vertically into the air and got out of the way as it came down. Horton loved him though after he scored a fairly decent goal against Charlton the season before when we got relegated.

We've had some shocking players over the years. I remember my old man hated Mark Burke. He never looked bothered. One match away at Burnley stands out, it was abandoned in the end whilst we were winning 2-1. Think it was boxing day, might be wrong. Burke hurt his arm, which for some reason meant he couldn't use his legs to put in a tackle. He let a Burnley lad run straight past him with the ball and they went on to score. My old man lost it, went mental in the stand with people around telling him to shut up. Not long after Burke scored an absolute screamer, at which point everyone turned and looked at us, all we could do was laugh. :laugh:

Memory (dodgy, admittedly) tells me we should also have had a nailed-on penalty early in the second half...before the sky fell in! If it had gone to 5-0 I think we would have just kept scoring, we were that good...for 80 minutes!

I think it was a Lee Mills header which was miles over the line but not given.

That centre midfield pairing of Ross Davidson and Neil McKenzie at Bury away takes some beating. I'm staggered that Ross made it as a pro for us, but it says a lot about what coaches look for in young players.

Big Ex would probably still get the nod for his actions at Accy away.

Sean Doherty gets a mention for wasted potential - signed for 2m as a 16 year old by Fulham, remembered best for missing a one-on-one at Villa way in 2006 to put us 1-0 up.

You will never win on this thread because we are in L1 (tier 3, we've been reasonably successful (ish) for a number of years (even counting relegation then consolidation etc).

You are not comparing the garbage signings from recent times (exodus etc) to the dross (and it was utter & total dross) from the mid 60's,late 70's & early 80's. Exodus was streets ahead of some of the ***** we had to put up with. Nobody can remember that ***** (or wants to), except us few..............................................................................................you know who you are lol.

TIMES WERE REAL BAD THEN.

I was there and Exodus still tops my poll. None of those players bared their backside to the fans and gave them the finger. Then went on to accuse us of being racist!

Poor excuse for a footballer and human being

Bomber,fair point about Colin Miles.He was a workmate after he left football and told me he had never played on the left but Tinny insisted he played there.Solid bloke ,bless him.Exodus all the way for me,used to saunter back to the same spot,like a boxer going back to his corner,then stand at attention! I used to get my hair off with Kevin Kent at times but he wasn't the worst,just frustrating.

I was there and Exodus still tops my poll. None of those players bared their backside to the fans and gave them the finger. Then went on to accuse us of being racist!

Poor excuse for a footballer and human being

He was an awful player but he didn't deserve the racist abuse (sure it was audible on the video) or having chips thrown at him. I think that day certain fans came off looking much worse human beings than Exodus.

Archived