onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

442: worst ever Vale player

robf

While I think it has to be Exodus, not just because he was utterly abysmal and often played ahead of far superior players but the fact that he was the poster boy of the the calamitous Gannin reign. Just one big package of crapness.

some honourable mentioned a from me:

Craig Rocastle- useless dollop of a midfielder

Paul Edwards- like trying to row a boat with one oar

Roger Koordes- supposed to be the new Guppy, wasn't

Sean McClare- midfielder who couldn't pass, or tackle, or shoot

Chris Slater- miles out of his depth

Kyle Perry- see above

Tobias Mikkelsen- Villa loanee with all the strength and heart of a goldfish

Craig James- calamity James

Jamie Guy - anyone lucky enough to witness his performance at Bradford in the Jpt was treated with a masterclass of ineptitude

Kevin Gall- not a professional football

Danny Glover- played ahead of better players by his dad. Should have been nowhere near the first team.

Neil McKenzie- shudder

Ross Davidson- the other half of the Mckenzie/Davidson midfield partnership from hell that dredged new lows of crap away at Bury under Glover

Callum Willock- panic signing who looked like he had won a competition to be a footballer

Ville Viljanen - of course

Richard Walker- to call him a donkey would be disrespectful to donkeys the world over

Scott Brown-carved a so-so career in the lower leagues but was utterly abysmal in a Vale shirt

Calvin Andrew- see above, 1 goal scored with his arse in 23 games sums it up

Martin Paterson- and finally one from this season, to be booed coming onto the pitch can only be reserved for a particularly special type of crap

May well think of more and add them tomorrow. This thread is fun.

Dream (nightmare)Team.:clap::laugh:

Advert

A few harsh ones being banded about. Mark Boyd wasn't that bad, I remember him scoring two when we beat Chesterfield once and scored at Shrewsbury in an LDV game. He did lose it badly though and was dreadful his last season with us. Sean McClare was poor but again did score a cracker in a 3-2 over Oldham so I'll just about let him off.

Jermaine Holwyn would have been a shoe in for the 90s imo but recent years we've had some garbage. Craig Rocastle, Jamie Guy for me, altho Sinnott was a poor manager some of his signings didn't turn out too bad in the end but Craig Slater is one of the worst defenders I've seen. I felt a bit sorry for Kyle Perry a real tryer but he unfortunately just wasn't good enough for league football.

Gets my vote too. Images of the infamous QPR game are still etched on my memory. Probably should never have played but he did and it was a disaster.

Holwyn was better than the ref and linesman who also starred in that game. Had the 'goal' that Naylor scored been allowed and it was a foot over the line we would have won 5-4. Holwyn would have been just another OG scorer:smile:

A few harsh ones being banded about. Mark Boyd wasn't that bad, I remember him scoring two when we beat Chesterfield once and scored at Shrewsbury in an LDV game. He did lose it badly though and was dreadful his last season with us. Sean McClare was poor but again did score a cracker in a 3-2 over Oldham so I'll just about let him off.

Jermaine Holwyn would have been a shoe in for the 90s imo but recent years we've had some garbage. Craig Rocastle, Jamie Guy for me, altho Sinnott was a poor manager some of his signings didn't turn out too bad in the end but Craig Slater is one of the worst defenders I've seen. I felt a bit sorry for Kyle Perry a real tryer but he unfortunately just wasn't good enough for league football.

I actually thought Mark Boyd was ok. Ultimately too inconsistent and his early promise faded but shouldn't be anywhere near this list.

I remember that Oldham game particularly well as I was in the exec box for that one. It was McClare's one and only good performance.

Some Sinnott signings actually became mainstays of Adams' sides. Griff, McCombe, Dodds, Rob Taylor, Lee Collins all Sinnott signings.

Archived