onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

442: worst ever Vale player

robf

Advert

Sean Doherty gets a mention for wasted potential - signed for 2m as a 16 year old by Fulham, remembered best for missing a one-on-one at Villa way in 2006 to put us 1-0 up.

It was Constantine that missed the one-on-one. Doherty had a great chance to equalise right at the end but blazed over. I was at the back of the upper tier practically looking over the roof of the net waiting for it to bulge - but the ball just kept going. He had a worse game the week after against Yeovil.

Barry Siddall terrible goalkeeper went to stoke came back to vale I think for a testimonial took his green jersey off to reveal a joke city top

I think it was when he was playing for Blackpool. Happened right in front of me in front of the Lorne St.

I was there and Exodus still tops my poll. None of those players bared their backside to the fans and gave them the finger. Then went on to accuse us of being racist!

Poor excuse for a footballer and human being

It definitely was racist abuse, heard it quite clearly on the video. He was absolutely dire though, & that snood was even more annoying. One of the worst I've seen.

I just keep thinking how terrible Craig James was!

Steve Thompson that we signed from Boro who was absolutely shocking too. He's still at Darlo.

Scored a cracker at home to Shrewsbury in a 1-1 draw and has scored plenty for Darlo over the years. Never a foot all league player but by no means the worst in my opinion.

Scored a cracker at home to Shrewsbury in a 1-1 draw and has scored plenty for Darlo over the years. Never a foot all league player but by no means the worst in my opinion.

Don't recall Steve Thompson getting much game time but always seemed alright when he played to me.

Exodus was a poor player... was excited when he signed him and was just pants.

The lad from Notts County has to be up there that we loaned... Neil MacKenzie... played poorly, slagged of the fans in the press then disappeared.

Craig James was hit and miss... played really well on his debut against Bristol City and kept Murray who always murdered us in his back pocket... scored a cracking free kick too, was superb in the Villa game too but could be really poor.

I'm not saying he was, I was just reminiscing and don't consider him anywhere near the worst ever.

I was there and Exodus still tops my poll. None of those players bared their backside to the fans and gave them the finger. Then went on to accuse us of being racist!

Poor excuse for a footballer and human being

I'll have to stop you there.

I too was at the Accrington game, and I heard the racist abuse directed towards Exodus. Showing his backside wasn't a great thing to do, but it pales in comparison to the disgusting comments Vale fans made towards him.

Its pretty poor that you've included 'Then he went on to accuse us of being racist!', as if thats a bad thing for him to do, and somehow furthers your case about his technical ability. He was racially abused, he reported it, and the FA found there was at least one fan engaging in racial chanting. Cannot blame Exodus at all, and in no way should it affect how we view him as a 'human being'.

In his first season Lipa was rather good. I even had his name on the back of my Tricell shirt. He scored goals, including a classic against Sheffield Wednesday.

Seems strange that players from our upper league 1, championship years can be considered worse than some of the dire league 2 contenders.

Archived