onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sjoke Freezing Prices

ArtyTheValiant

Totally agree with final paragraph. We're going nowhere without a new ground and a marketing makeover. 7k capacity ground at Etruria Valley would be a great start. Vale Park is only for the die hards now and even they're staying away. We've lost a generation of young kids and we're in danger of losing the next if we don't have a radical change.

Get yer tin hat, they hate change in North Staffordshire even though your suggestions are valid.

Advert

Totally agree with final paragraph. We're going nowhere without a new ground and a marketing makeover. 7k capacity ground at Etruria Valley would be a great start. Vale Park is only for the die hards now and even they're staying away. We've lost a generation of young kids and we're in danger of losing the next if we don't have a radical change.

Maybe 10k rather than 7k but everything else is spot on.

This debate is totally irrelevant and the local radio station is partially to blame because they announce the price freeze as if the Stripeys were doing something wonderful. The truth is that they could allow folk in for free if they wished because they get so much money off Sky and co. What are they estimating now £100 million?

I have just worked out if the Stripeys get 25,000 average at £20 each it amounts to £10 million a season. Small beer in comparison I'm sure that you agree.

The whole set up stinks to high heaven every club in the pyramid should get a fair share to keep the sport healthy but those in control couldn't give a chuff about the lower leagues it's all self self self and makes me sick but it wont change as long as the 'fat cats' make the decisions and I won't hold my breath on that ever happening. they keep taking the money then failing miserably when they play in European competitions. We must be the laughing stock of football. Spurs the other night couldn't beat Gent a Belgian team that will have the turnover of a L1 club at best.

The money sloshing about in top flight football today is breeding a lot of 'fat cat' footballers and a fat cat rarely catches a mouse. Boxing is another pointer here as most boxers perform better when they are hungry because as soon as they fight for millions the desire often disappears as the hunger diminishes.

On the topic of Port Vale the key to a successful future is an owner willing to put enough money in to offer n attractive, winning team. Fans like winners regardless of the level that they are playing at. A winning team that is showing ambitions will always attract more fans. To merely try and survive is not an option because extinction awaits for any owner with that mindset. Unfortunately we have an owner who hasn't a clue about the passions of a real football fan who needs hope to keep turning up when times are bad but really does Smuthwaite offer one shred of this vital ingredient.

I well remember his actions over the last couple of years. He showed his lack of knowledge when he moaned about Tom Pope's wages, doesn't the silly man realise that a half decent striker demands a similar figure if you are going to hold on to them in the long term. I wouldn't have minded if he had offered Tom's wage on to a player that was considered a better option but no that didn't happen because the fool thought he could get better for half the wage. What an idiot the man really is! At the start of this season he said that the much maligned Bruno had brought in Reggie who we would be able to sell for a fortune in January along with young Smithy. That's truly the way to build the buzz and appetite to buy a ticket to watch the club.

Smurf you are a joke but no real sensible Valiants are laughing, only our rivals are doing that you buffoon.

They get 78% from TV revenue.Spending 79% of their turnover on wages.We haven't got a chance.The whole structure is a farce and is detrimental to anything but the premiership.The link may be painful to watch for some but it shows the huge amount of money that the rem clubs get from TV.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/264685/stoke-city-finances-explained

I think you are wrong, very wrong. I think they hate us with a passion and Coates would like nothing more than to see us wiped off the face of the planet.

I'm only surprised that he hasn't backed one of his cronies buy Smurf out just so they can run us into the ground, mind you, he doesn't need to waste his money the rate we are going.

Coates will bank-roll the club which means they can virtually let folk in for free if necessary so I don't understand why we keep harping on about their cheap tickets.....it's like comparing the Vale Café with a Michelin Star Restaurant (no offence meant). We are simply never going to compete unless a multibillionaire buys us out and I can't see that happening very soon.

Of course they hate Vale, Vale hate stoke with passion. But to think coates wants vale out of business is a sour thought. Vale don't compete in any way. As erudite posters have written, stoke don't rely on attendances for income so nicking a few vale kids is irrelevant. Coates might though remember the bile and vitriol that the local newspaper printed for several years heralding Vale as 'the potteries no. 1 club'. That alone stirred the multi millionaire into wishing to elevate that club above any other in th region. Sorry if that stamps on anyone's 'stoke hate us' agenda but self sympathy won't get port vale out of its current dilemma.

Of course they hate Vale, Vale hate stoke with passion. But to think coates wants vale out of business is a sour thought. Vale don't compete in any way. As erudite posters have written, stoke don't rely on attendances for income so nicking a few vale kids is irrelevant. Coates might though remember the bile and vitriol that the local newspaper printed for several years heralding Vale as 'the potteries no. 1 club'. That alone stirred the multi millionaire into wishing to elevate that club above any other in th region. Sorry if that stamps on anyone's 'stoke hate us' agenda but self sympathy won't get port vale out of its current dilemma.

Irrelevant to Stoke. Highly relevant to Vale.

I think for Coates he can say "Job done", after he has gone not his task.

I think you misinterpret my description of 'Hatred'. It was meant in regards to our being local - very local rivals in the business sense. Yes, we may not be much of a business rival at this present time but that does not mean we can be in the future, and that's why I believe Coates 'hates' the Vale.

I certainly don't hate Stoke City F.C., as far as I am concerned they are just another Football League Team and as such are in competition with ourselves.

At present they are much more of a success than we but I live for the days when we are once again on a par at least.

The 'erudite' posters you refer to suggest that Stoke don't rely solely upon gate receipts, however if you take the time to actually read my post I allude to the very same thing.

In my opinion the Premier League was always going to become exactly what it has done and it was always going to forsake it's footballing brethren for a quick quid, it's not merely Stoke, it's the entire ethos of the rich getting richer and leaving the dross in the gutter.

Why we can't just let them get on with it and concentrate more on our own problems I don't know.....but one thing I do know is that Stoke will as far as possible keep prices to a minimum to entice people through the gate and they can do this in the knowledge that it does not impact on their financial state of affairs. The likes of Vale, Rochdale, Walsall however - well that's a different story.

Archived