onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Anthony de Freitas out.........

Mario

Doesn't score goals. Doesn't create chances. Doesn't protect the back four.

Having a good engine and running around a lot doesn't make him a good player.

From what I've seen of him he's garbage and quite frankly we are clutching at straws.

Reminded me of a poor mans Kingsley James.

No chance. You've clearly not seen him enough. On a few occasions he's played brilliantly. Scunthorpe was one of those. Yes no assists or goals, that drastically needs improving but I do think he's a decent player. Lucky for us we have a host of midfielders to fill his boots. As mentioned further up it's not just him who's struggled to create or score our whole midfield has completely failed even foley by his standards.

Advert

No chance. You've clearly not seen him enough. On a few occasions he's played brilliantly. Scunthorpe was one of those. Yes no assists or goals, that drastically needs improving but I do think he's a decent player. Lucky for us we have a host of midfielders to fill his boots. As mentioned further up it's not just him who's struggled to create or score our whole midfield has completely failed even foley by his standards.

He has been involved in One league win all season when he has started.

I'm not saying he's to blame. I'm just saying he's bang average at best.

His hour cameo against Walsall was up there with one of the most inept performances ever.

I get it. He tries. Unlike others.

He's just not very good.

He won't be missed. I'm more optimistic about Saturday now.

I think people need to bear in mind it's his first proper season in senior football, and has had no previous taste of English football, before coming in too heavy with criticism. He's easily one of the better midfielders we have at the moment and will be missed.

I think people need to bear in mind it's his first proper season in senior football, and has had no previous taste of English football, before coming in too heavy with criticism. He's easily one of the better midfielders we have at the moment and will be missed.

Being one of the "better midfielders" means absolutely nothing in our current squad.

He won't be missed.

Watch on Saturday. You won't be saying "oh, we miss de Freitas"

Being one of the "better midfielders" means absolutely nothing in our current squad.

He won't be missed.

Watch on Saturday. You won't be saying "oh, we miss de Freitas"

I disagree. It does mean something in our current squad. Regardless of his overall ability in comparison to the rest of the league, the people who will come in to replace him are worse than him, so can only leave us worse off overall. He's clearly no world beater, but nor are his replacements.

Feel sorry for the lad as he does seem to have a good engine and will to put in a shift. However, I'm struggling to see what footballing strengths he has - passing? No. Creative? No. Dribbling? No. Shooting? No. Tackling? No. Crossing? No.

For that reason I don't think he will be any great loss but wish him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Feel sorry for the lad as he does seem to have a good engine and will to put in a shift. However, I'm struggling to see what footballing strengths he has - passing? No. Creative? No. Dribbling? No. Shooting? No. Tackling? No. Crossing? No.

For that reason I don't think he will be any great loss but wish him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using the onevalefan mobile app

Agreed. Don't see what the fuss is with ADF. Think we're just desperately trying to rate an average player. Not saying he doesn't have potential, but at this moment in time I cant see what he brings to the team.

I think I'm missing something here. Plenty of praise in this thread for a midfielder who, I believe, has no goals or assists to his name.

Just what has he done that means his absence will weaken the team?

Sums it up for me.

He is a midfielder who has offered very little and yet to many he will be missed.

Has he scored, has he created chances, has he been solid protecting the defence,

sorry I have not seen too much of any of this

Shows how poor the rest are when we feel we will miss A D F

There's a lot of truth in what everyone is saying.

On the one hand, he is still learning and isn't the finished article. None of our midfielders have managed to make a serious impact on games, as the much maligned Dodds did last year. Not one of the 7-8 we've tried. None of them. So in that respect he isn't delivering the assists and goals that we need.

However, the other lads are so poor overall that he is in fact one of the better ones! He's energetic, quite skilful, can beat a player and has obviously impressed Brown with his attitude and willingness to work hard. That might not add up to much in the final analysis but his contribution to games is in my view a lot better than 4-5 other midfield players we have.

I suppose it's a reflection of how poor we now are. In the past 3 years or so we've gone from the likes of Knott, Loft, Marshall, Andoh & Dodds to Perieria, De Freitas, Shadipo, Guy, Shalaj, Mbamba, Tavares & a half fit Thomas. Yet another area of the team that has been decimated and devoid of quality.

I'd cut DeF a bit of slack because he is new to the country and the league and it's really not easy to play in such a poor team like ours at present. He's had a very tough time and I'd happily give him a bit longer here to see how he develops.

But I can't argue with the facts. He hasn't enough assists or goals to his name (like 9 of the other outfield players) and that's why we're struggling.

I think a big part of the problem was Bruno signed a few too many player who are perhaps a 'jam tomorrow' solution for want of a better phrase. De Freitas, Amoros and perhaps Periera could all fall into that category. All young enough and you'd hope keen enough to improve they have some talent but need to learn the English game. Basically they may be good players, the problem is it will be next season(and beyond).

I think in a another way a few of Sinnott's signing did this for us when we'd gone down to league two, they didn't offer a lot that first season under him then Glover and combined with the crap we'd been left from Foyle's last summer signings/Glover's awful loanees we looked a poor side for a year or 2. But 3 or 4 of them turned out to be good solid players for the club under Micky Adams moving forward, McCombe, Griffith, Dodds, Rob Taylor for all their faults did a good job for us and were all part of the side who eventually went up!

As Sage has eluded to the problem is when you add in the young potentials to the some of the other crap signed and you lose solid pros along the way you can't afford 'jam tomorrow'!

I just hope we can scrape enough points together to stay up!:unsure:

He has been involved in One league win all season when he has started.

I'm not saying he's to blame. I'm just saying he's bang average at best.

His hour cameo against Walsall was up there with one of the most inept performances ever.

I get it. He tries. Unlike others.

He's just not very good.

He won't be missed. I'm more optimistic about Saturday now.

I doubt Anthony Grant has many goals or assists to his name and it's that position that De Freitas has been used most in this season. He has an excellent first touch and is very calm under pressure, he works hard, tackles hard and doesn't waste the ball too much. He has a lot to learn but has certainly been one of the better players this season outfield and I'm suprised anyone thinks he's not good enough.

I doubt Anthony Grant has many goals or assists to his name and it's that position that De Freitas has been used most in this season. He has an excellent first touch and is very calm under pressure, he works hard, tackles hard and doesn't waste the ball too much. He has a lot to learn but has certainly been one of the better players this season outfield and I'm suprised anyone thinks he's not good enough.

Agreed. He'd get into most XI's in the League, and you really can't say that about many other players.

Archived