onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Birchall: Vale paying for 'risk' last summer

PV1973

The foreign lads are better than Birchall, Mcgivern, Leitch smith, dickinson, Duffy, Campion and Daniel. Either way our starting eleven this season is better than last seasons.

Obviously sour grapes from someone who pinched a living from football.

Results don't agree Leitch Smith would be leading scorer and we wouldn't have let as many goals in so much for Smurfs experiment

Sent from my F5321 using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Agree with him 100%. Not rocket science, not hard to predict too. There's also a common theme emerging from Smurfs supporters on here, as proven by supervaliant, carpetman and Mattholl previously. They all either deal, or relay info from others that do deal, directly with Smurf. He is supported almost exclusively by people who have an interest in him remaining at the club. They value themselves / Smurf over the club, either knowingly or through blind loyalty.

There are other options that won't result in the death of the club. To steal a phrase used against me from Howjy. We'll never die. That is of course, unless Smurf chooses that path over doing what's best for the club, and selling for the right price, not a hugely over valued dreamt up one.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Unbelievable stuff. You're just a troll posting this same stuff over and over. Granted I'll give you Campion and Daniel. But better than last years starting 11? The facts just don't bear it out. The only improvements been the 2 centre halves this season.

If you think Birchall is better than amoros or de freitas i think its you who is on the wind up.

The foreign lads are better than Birchall, Mcgivern, Leitch smith, dickinson, Duffy, Campion and Daniel. Either way our starting eleven this season is better than last seasons.

G4E and SV1876

Quit now while you still have a little credibility

Birchall speaks for many many supporters.

True, not all of last seasons squad were up to it

and yes many of them needed replacing

BUT WITH BETTER PLAYERS

This seasons squad is a disaster and is no way better than last seasons.

The only guarantee is that Smurf has paid out less this year in wages than last

If you think Birchall is better than amoros or de freitas i think its you who is on the wind up.

For certain IMO Birchall would never be a starter for us, but from what I've seen I would prefer him as a back up player within the squad over any of Mbamba, Shalaj and Amoros.

For certain IMO Birchall would never be a starter for us, but from what I've seen I would prefer him as a back up player within the squad over any of Mbamba, Shalaj and Amoros.

Completely agree. Very underated player and I think he's being very honest.

The comments about Kidsgrove really mean nothing. The player had effectively retired from professional football and training when he joined them - with a full pre-season he could still have been a useful utility player.

Last season Birchall scored two goals (both in wins) in thirteen games for us (which is more than many of the summer signings have done). We only lost five games in which he was involved. I still reckon he could have done something similar this season.

Birchall, like many of last season's squad, should have been released a season before hand.

Is this the same Birchall that tried to come back to the club after refusing his contract, only to have his trial terminated and he moved on to the mighty Kidsgrove?

Mistakes were made last summer, letting Birchall, Duffy, McGivern, Dicko, O'Connor, Daniel, Moore, Robinson and Campion go wasnt one of them.

Must be Alnwick, Streete and Smith who have let us down badly this year then.

Either way our starting eleven this season is better than last seasons.

Out of interest, if you had a choice right now, which would you pick to get us out of this mess & stay up?

These had highest appearances so essentially our main 11 last season:

Jak Alnwick

Ben Purkiss

Richard Duffy

Carl Dickinson

Ryan McGivern

Michael O'Connor

Sam Foley

Anthony Grant

Louis Dodds

Byron Moore

AJ Leitch-Smith

Orrr...(from last night)

Fasan

Smith

Knops

Purkiss

Streete (now unavailable so Kiko maybe?)

De Freitas

Foley

Guy

Pugh

Hooper

Walker

Pretty sure I'd take the first lot. Yes there's a few injuries currently but our starting 11 wouldn't be that much different if all fit.

Birchall, like many of last season's squad, should have been released a season before hand.

Mistakes were made last summer, letting Birchall, Duffy, McGivern, Dicko, O'Connor, Daniel, Moore, Robinson and Campion go wasnt one of them.

Look where we are now then. Sometimes we should be careful what we wish for. If you're so critical of all those players in that list then I can't believe you are so quiet in regards to this years squad, because some of the individual performances we've seen have been disgusting, much worse than some of those players you mentioned. I don't disagree that we should have cut a few and gradually added, but its a real pity that the chairman was as like minded as fans like you, because wholesale changes and cuts to the degree we saw are never a good thing to do and now we are in a right mess. Anyone with any ounce of football knowledge or common sense would realise this. But hey at least fans like you can be happy that the players you disliked for some reason are gone.

Is this the same Birchall that tried to come back to the club after refusing his contract, only to have his trial terminated and he moved on to the mighty Kidsgrove?

Whats this got to do with anything? That changes nothing about the facts hes discussing. Take the blinkers off mate and forget these strange vendettas against players and look at whats happening.

Out of interest, if you had a choice right now, which would you pick to get us out of this mess & stay up?

These had highest appearances so essentially our main 11 last season:

Jak Alnwick

Ben Purkiss

Richard Duffy

Carl Dickinson

Ryan McGivern

Michael O'Connor

Sam Foley

Anthony Grant

Louis Dodds

Byron Moore

AJ Leitch-Smith

Orrr...(from last night)

Fasan

Smith

Knops

Purkiss

Streete (now unavailable so Kiko maybe?)

De Freitas

Foley

Guy

Pugh

Hooper

Walker

Pretty sure I'd take the first lot. Yes there's a few injuries currently but our starting 11 wouldn't be that much different if all fit.

I take it Alnwick and grant didnt start this season with us?

Archived