onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Birchall: Vale paying for 'risk' last summer

PV1973

What a sad individual you are.Would you stay LOYAL to your place of work if they halved your pay?Come on answer that one,yes or no.

If you want call me a sad individual mouthpiece come in the crown on saturday before the game and say it to my face. This is a forum for opinions not insults.

No i wouldn,t is the answer, was Birchall offered half his wage ? do you have concrete proof?

Think your nickname on here speaks volumes.

And if you are referring to Pope, can,t blame him for taking the cash, however if you can't survive on 75 k a year in Stoke-on-Trent it is time to pack up, i manage on a third of that.

Advert

When Page and some celebrated I commented that you should be careful what you wish for. Hmmm.. Sad to see that the worst possible outcome is now coming to fruitition. Yes its Feb. Yes we're not in the relegation zone yet. But that's how teams go - we've seen it all before.

Page's squad would never have got into this position (nor would they have got into the top 6) but mid table obscurity is looking kind of nice now. Always felt Page's squad needed a couple more players to challenge.

Having said that, a relegation battle is far more interesting than going for promotion. The expectation is nil so there's everything to gain.

UTV.

Didn't Page nearly get us relagated in his first season after seemingly rescuing us from the drop only to send the players on holiday in March only for us to scrape over the line with a last minute save away at Yeovil, the team bottom of the league at the time? A run of one win in 11 vs Browns 1 in 7 and Brunos 1 win in 11.

Didn't Page nearly get us relagated in his first season after seemingly rescuing us from the drop only to send the players on holiday in March only for us to scrape over the line with a last minute save away at Yeovil, the team bottom of the league at the time?

No the team actually improved during the season. He took over when they were in the bottom four and stayed up.Fact.

No the team actually improved during the season. He took over when they were in the bottom four and stayed up.Fact.

I just did the fact checking. As I mentioned in my first post, he did seemingly rescue us then let us get all the way back down to the relegation zone with a run of one win in 11, the same run that cost Bruno his job.

He took over after 8 games, leaving him 38 games to save us.

On the 7th March we won that memorable 3-2 at Coventry to be within a whisker of the play-offs .

We then got 3 points from 27 and as Emile says a Chris Neal wonder save with the last kick of the game at Yeovil secured our status with one game left. Fact.

The last 11 games of the season we accrued 6 points.

Totally agree. Page was a below average manager and last seasons squad wasn't good enough.

Bruno was worse and I'm yet to be convinced by Brown.

This season we have signed some decent replacements for squad players but not to the quality we deeratly needed. Couple that with some dire tactics and we find ourselves at the bottom end of the league.

We should stay up but I'm far from convinced.

Sorry but your post stands absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever.

If last year's squad was so poor, and Page was doing such a bad job, how did we finish mid table with 65 points?

There is no evidence to suggest we have signed any decent players - none have managed to cement a place in the team, let alone improve us.

I said before a ball was kicked that Smurf's Summer of madness would lead to relegation this season.

If Smurf was a paid CEO - rather than, very regrettably, our owner - he would have been dismissed months ago.

If Jerome Thomas is available and Michael Brown doesn't pick him on Saturday "because he's running under 10K", then he's joined the Smurthwaite club of being a total idiot.

Losing Alnwick, grant, streete, defraitas already, having Thomas out would just be ridiculous.

I think we have enough good players to climb out of trouble. But we are trying to field a lot of new players and drill the team when they are encountering opposition who are already drilled and settled in the second half of the season. Need to get behind them. A win could make a big difference on Saturday.

Archived