onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Thomas quit?

Vital Spark

Advert

Brown has my 100% support.

Thomas has shown glimpses of his ability but is always injured and no use to us whatsoever if he's sitting in the stand most weeks.

It's a shame because he's done well generally for us when he has played but we need all hands to the deck and a lot of grit and determination to get out of this mess.

There's a suggestion here that unless he is playing he doesn't fancy the subs bench. How true that is I wouldn't know.

But contrast him with Smith who played last week when clearly not fit.

I agree with this but I've never thought it a good idea to single out individual players for public criticism. Let's hope Brown will learn from this because the prospect of being criticised publicly would be yet another disincentive for players to come to the Vale. Harsh words to individual players need to be spoken behind closed doors, imho.

It's not browns fault, he's just stating the obvious about a player he needs to be playing and not constantly injured. We can't rely on Thomas week in week out.

He would have been better saying I will sit down and have a chat with Thomas and explain that we need him ready for the battle ahead.Then keep it all within the club behind closed doors.

Seems strange.Has he spat his dummy out because of Bronws comment?Not very good from Brown to say as he did.He should not have said as he did it.Maybe just say that he will be sitting down and having a chat with Thomas then leave it at that and keep it behind closed doors.

What does he mean with his last game comment?Is he just saying his last game was,he hasn't played since???? Or is he saying that's it I done I'm packing in a leaving?If so where is he going to go?Has his contract been cancelled,mutual consent?

He's referring to the last game he played I think, though it could also be the last game he will play now from the sound of it.

I support brown but he needs to take a leaf out of Alex Ferguson's book. Defend the player in public and deal with them in private.

I am not Brown's biggest fan. I am not Thomas' biggest fan. All I know is that if any player is allegedly "not up for the fight we are in" then good riddance to them. The players and the fans have to show passion and the desire to see us get through this. Anyone not willing to give 100% at all times , in my opinion is not worthy of a Vale shirt or being called a Vale fan.

Shame in some cases as Thomas did show, in brief glimpses that he was and still may be a good player at Division 1 level, but hey, if you can't take your manager criticising you then as far as I'm concerned he ain't what we need right now.

I think people are misinterpreting the "my last game played" remark.

I've just put an article up on this and for me what his tweets are saying are:

1. I started games when I was playing through injury

2. The "last game played" (i.e. started) he was praised by the media

3. The previous coach/manager and press have praised me

So, for me I don't think "last game played" means that was my last game and I quit - it means the last game I played from the start I did really well in so why was I named on the bench? Even if I have been carrying an injury I have done well starting games...

He was dropped late on from the subs bench on Saturday so perhaps there was an argument and either he refused to be a sub or was dropped by Brown.

But I don't think it's an "I quit" tweet (although Smurthwaite's tweet this morning about "one out, two to go" may muddy the water a bit... gawd knows what that is about)...

Anyone who was at Scunthorpe 2nd half knows how dangerous and creative Thomas is. The claims on here of 'overrated' are ludicrous. Tore their right back to shreds.

He's been a dangerous player all year and must be our top assister. He's 33 and has been plagued by injuries. Its not as if he's suddenly become injury prone in the past 6 weeks.

Well done Brownie. Even if you feel aggrieved at JT, please don't go onto radio in the heat of the moment and personally slag off our of our most experienced and more able players, when we have precious few as it is. Discuss it with him in private, and deal with it there. We've gained nothing here apart from a possible division in the dressing room (JT was added to the legion of captains, he will have mates in there) and the loss of our of our few effective wingers.

We don't need this in the midst of a relegation battle. The inexperience of our manager is bearing fruit.

He's referring to the last game he played I think, though it could also be the last game he will play now from the sound of it.

I support brown but he needs to take a leaf out of Alex Ferguson's book. Defend the player in public and deal with them in private.

Spot on. I cannot remember the individual castigation of a player in public ever working.

He's just liked a tweet I send hoping to see him starting a game for Port Vale again. That doesn't sound like he has quit.

It sounds like he didn't like the criticism of his fitness by Brown.

As for those saying he is "over-rated" - are they watching the same Vale team as me? He's one of the best players this season and it's surely not his fault he's picking up injuries at the age of 33. Just this season he has been kicked from pillar to post - he's had a decade or more of that treatment...

Yes, his tweets may be the wrong approach but to call him "over-rated" just because he tweeted his frustration is ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

He's just liked a tweet I send hoping to see him starting a game for Port Vale again. That doesn't sound like he has quit.

It sounds like he didn't like the criticism of his fitness by Brown.

As for those saying he is "over-rated" - are they watching the same Vale team as me? He's one of the best players this season and it's surely not his fault he's picking up injuries at the age of 33. Just this season he has been kicked from pillar to post - he's had a decade or more of that treatment...

Yes, his tweets may be the wrong approach but to call him "over-rated" just because he tweeted his frustration is ridiculous as far as I am concerned.

I think being one of Brunos boys doesn't help him. Looked a good player on the odd occasion Ive got to VP this season.

Anyone who was at Scunthorpe 2nd half knows how dangerous and creative Thomas is. The claims on here of 'overrated' are ludicrous. Tore their right back to shreds.

He's been a dangerous player all year and must be our top assister. He's 33 and has been plagued by injuries. Its not as if he's suddenly become injury prone in the past 6 weeks.

Well done Brownie. Even if you feel aggrieved at JT, please don't go onto radio in the heat of the moment and personally slag off our of our most experienced and more able players, when we have precious few as it is. Discuss it with him in private, and deal with it there. We've gained nothing here apart from a possible division in the dressing room (JT was added to the legion of captains, he will have mates in there) and the loss of our of our few effective wingers.

We don't need this in the midst of a relegation battle. The inexperience of our manager is bearing fruit.

This.

Archived