onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Peterborough Utd

Fosse69

Here's my view.

If Tanser is better than Kiko then I will eat my hat. Purkiss and Guy should be dropped for the next game and Eagles should never put on another Vale shirt.

We are too wide open playing 4-4-2 and need to change to 3 at the back.

Play Knops has a sweeper - being Dutch he's probably grown up with it. Kiko one wing-back and somebody else on the other. ADF, Foley and Pugh in midfield and two strikers.

And make sure both strikers play up top not this crap where we have one up and Hooper out wide.

The fact that Hooper was played out wide in a game we needed to win has rattled my faith in Brown. Did he learn nothing from Bruno's hopeless one up front mentality? How many times did he have to watch to know this isn't going to work with the players we have? Why didn't we go hell for leather to beat a team that is on a poor run of form? Incredible.

Advert

The most disappointing thing was that we failed to test their keeper. It was like turning the clock back 3-4 weeks. We did manage to put a lot of pressure on them after half time but there was no end product.

Nothing changes in football. The basics are that you have to win your personal battles, have most of the team giving an 8/10 performance at least and take your opportunities when they come round.

We did none of those things today. They aren't excuses but I think they were a little lucky with the penalty decision and the ref gave us nowt. The ball never dropped for us all game. But we looked short on ideas and for me, as I say, it was men against boys overall. Their experience and game management and physicality was far superior to what our youngsters produced.

Never mind, only Gillingham and Millwall away now!

Omg .... Yes let's give him the same time as Bruno to see if he can do it .. Fingers crossed ... Only at the vale !!

Get hasslebank in now before it's too late. Should have happened 6 games ago.

Smurf said at the start of the season brown wasn't ready to manage ... So he is now is he?

Yet it's Smurf who put him in that position 6 games ago. So the hope is, and it is a hope he can turn this mess around. I cannot see the Chairman funding a new, experienced Manager any time soon.

Yet it's Smurf who put him in that position 6 games ago. So the hope is, and it is a hope he can turn this mess around. I cannot see the Chairman funding a new, experienced Manager any time soon.

Even if he was willing to,who at the club has the knowledge,ability and experience to recruit the right person?an experienced CEO with the right connections?

First poor performance I've seen under Brown. I'm cutting them all some slack,very new look team.

I said the same, although it's more accurate to say it's the first poor performance in the league since he bought in his own signings. Chesterfield and Oldham were poor, as was Huddy in the Cup.

He needs time and my hunch/hope is that with 30 points already banked we should be OK.

Has the manager really been backed, we signed 2 kids from QPR, a Rochdale reserve, Eagles not good enough for Accrington, Pugh another at the end of his career, 3rd choice keeper at Celtic, a 20 year old with no experience at Derby and Walker with very little experience at Forest. Yet again the cheap option, we may have signed 8 but I am pretty sure the wage bill will have come down significantly.

Yes even when we had Marty Rowe training with us ready to sign Norman allowed us to be gazumped by Ipswich by trying to negotiate a bargain.

Guest TommyMac
First poor performance I've seen under Brown. I'm cutting them all some slack,very new look team.

Personally I would say the performances against Bury and Scunthorpe were the only two acceptable games since Brown took over. Seriously let himself down today by playing one striker whichever way you dress it, Walker was isolated today.

You can't be serious. There is only one direction we are heading with this set up.

I said the same, although it's more accurate to say it's the first poor performance in the league since he bought in his own signings. Chesterfield and Oldham were poor, as was Huddy in the Cup.

He needs time and my hunch/hope is that with 30 points already banked we should be OK.

It looked like men against boys for the most part today. They just looked physically stronger in all areas, very worrying for the battle that lies ahead.

The other thing that annoys me is the awful way we play around with it at the back. Too many passes that stop a quick attack or mainly result in the ball being given away in dangerous situations. Look we're not Barcelona, get rid and play in their half.

Back to basics required. I don't want pretty at the moment but effective does fine for me.

Cut out the errors and we might have a chance, carry on like today and relegation is a certainty

Sent from my E5823 using the onevalefan mobile app

Fasan 5

Purkiss 3

Streete 4

Smith 5

tanser 2

Baba 7

Guy 4

ADF 3

Foley 5

Walker 3

Hooper 4

Maybe i was pleased with the endeavour during the second half ,but we cannot defend at all and corners we have r annoying our players barely move .

Do they work on anything in training .

I may sound like a broken record but we needed reggie come on but obviously Browny doesnt like him .

I fail c what use Purkiss is offering the team he played a bit part in there second goal.

Walker didnt play well at all but he needed Reggie up there with him or forrester who was very impressive when he came on v Bury .

Anyway its gone .

Utv

I felt we'd got nothing to lose by chucking Reggie on today, because we were winning nothing in the air.

I hoped Browny would use the players at his disposal and he didn't.

It's hard to make a case for Walker starting at Gillingham after today.

Archived