onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alnwick

j_grainger10

Advert

I posted this on the transfer thread and was given short thrift by 'in the know' REP.

Apologies please my old fruit.

Nothing worse than someone who keeps sprouting that they are special for knowing more than the rest of us, especially when they get things wrong time and again.

What a bad, bad piece of business if we only get £250k for a keeper worth £1m at the very least. Whose fault is this idiotic clause ?

If JA leaves, the chance of relegation goes up from maybe 20 per cent to something like 50 per cent I'd say, unless the chairman spends some money fast and gets Neal back or a decent replacement.

Maybe Brown saw it coming and got Kirkland in for more than coaching. In any case, we need to move quickly. I was quietly hopeful we might cause a surprise on Saturday but the impact on morale will be really negative :(

Very possibly as from the Rangers website the 'rumour' started on Monday this week but wasn't confirmed.

250k he is worth at least 1 million ,Berinho 15 million unfit bad attitude ( pulis said that not me ) .

Alnwick 250 k great attitude ,good goalkeeper ,yes he as faults but if he worked on them he should be worth at least 5 million .

People r over reacting though if the defence was better the goalie would have nowt do .

The defence is the problem.

For all the criticism of the 250k release clause, maybe that was a condition of us clinching his signature.

Agreed. It's not in the club's interests in any contract to agree to a release clause at all, however small or large. As such, these are usually insisted upon by the player/player's agent as a condition to signing the contract in the first place (i.e. without it being agreed, whatever the amount, he may not have signed for us at all). It could well be that the release clause only applies in the case of 'foreign teams', which I suspect is the case given that there's no indication that any english Championship club is looking to invoke it.

Can't blame Smurf for this on what we know.

He may well be worth £1m+ based on his ability (and I think he is) but if he release clause is £250k then he is only worth £250k.

As mentioned above, this may have been the condition when we signed him.

A lot on here were convinced we released the wrong keeper when Neal left so I'm surprised at the uproar.

This makes me fear what release figure is in Smiths contract.

I can see Smurf's excuse now as to why the club can't spend a lot on Jak's replacement!

"Unfortunately the database on the computer system at the club has developed a mild case of Alzheimer's. When searching ex-goalkeepers (in particular Chris Neal's details), it just keeps producing details for Paul Musslewhite. So with that in mind, we are now currently in negotiations with Paul's agent."

Hopefully if true they have a sell on clause aswell be good if we could get Danny Rowe in and another goalie and give Steete a contract that he would sign things would be looking up for once at the vale.

Dream on.... this is Vale, this is Smurf. Might get a cheapish goalie, or one of Streete new contract/ Rowe signed, but all of them - not a chance. Not so much a sweetie jar treat, more of a sour lemon.

Look at it from jaks point of view, he wants to rebuild his career here and it's completely in his hands. If he performs well then he can get a move to a higher level and a small fee in the release clause helps him in that respect. It's disappointing because it's clear he's worth more than that.

Dream on.... this is Vale, this is Smurf. Might get a cheapish goalie, or one of Streete new contract/ Rowe signed, but all of them - not a chance. Not so much a sweetie jar treat, more of a sour lemon.

If you support the vale you have to have dreams that is all we can do.

Archived